1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Proposing at WDW and never been.

Discussion in 'Disney Weddings, Honeymoons and Proposals' started by Boosty06, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Boosty06

Boosty06 New Member

Well the title says it all! I have never been but my girlfriend and I are going on May with our daughter to Magic Kingdom. I had planned on doing it in front of Cinderellas castle BUT I have no idea where to start. I want to get a character involved and photographer and have my daughter involved as well!(she is only 3). From everything I have read this is a pretty popular area even though we are trying to go in the "off" season. Any recommendations of where to start with maybe contacting Disney for some help with the character or is it a just show up day of and talk to guest relations about it? Thanks for any help possible

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  2. mousehockey37

mousehockey37 Well-Known Member

Characters will not participate. This is due to the dreaded "no" and a smiling character standing there as you're being rejected. No bueno.

You can contact Disney about what you want to do ahead of time, and you can go to Guest Relations when you get there, but again, you may just have to do your own thing. Let a photopass photographer know what you're doing, they'll capture it, but that might be all you get.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  3. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

Unfortunately Disney will not help you with any proposal arrangements. As you can imagine there are hundreds (if not thousands) of similar requests and Disney is not in the engagement business.

Your best option is to find a Photopass photographer after you have popped the question in front of the castle and then recreate the moment. Talking with the photographer just prior may tip off your girlfriend.

4. mousehockey37

Actually, Disney does offer services. https://www.disneyweddings.com/engagements/florida/

5. HRHPrincessAriel

HRHPrincessAriel Well-Known Member

6. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Well-Known Member

He can just tell her he's getting the photopass photographer for the standard "pic in front of the castle" without letting the cat out of the bag! :cat:

7. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

8. mousehockey37

That's the iffy part, there's so many photopass people in that area that it's not exactly "searching" for one. Like going down Main St. the photopass people are literally about 10-15 apart. Not exactly hard to "find one", lol.

9. Magical Destinations

Magical Destinations Member

And no offense but the Photopass people are just that... "photopass people". They just take random pics in one spot and are not really true Photographers. They also don't edit your images afterwards to give them that special "pop". All of my clients appreciate the photos I do for them, I also follow them to wherever they want photos taken, for a MUCH cheaper price. Living in Central Florida and being an Annual passholder has its perks ;)
    Matt