Proposal help!

jp19ml13

Original Poster
I am taking my girlfriend to WDW in late August as a trip to get back to the place we love, but also to propose to her there. We have been together over 6 years now and it all started for us at Walt Disney World! I am just really not sure how and where exactly I am going to propose to her. Is it possible to have a cast member photo the proposal? During a parade or the opening of Magic Kingdom do you think they would let me do it then. Like I said we are not going until late August so I have plenty of time to prepare so I was just looking for some advice.

Thanks!

So excited for you. I wish you lots of luck.

Check out DisneyEngagements.com and also look over this link http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/top-10-proposal-ideas-at-disney/.

Lots of people also customize their own scavenger hunts based on their loved one's favorite rides and special moments the couple has shared in the park. I will also recommend a cozy ride in a carriage at Fort Wilderness or even a Surrey ride around one of the resorts if you want something a bit more low-key.

Good luck!

MotherOfBirds

What's her favorite ride? One guy at DLR went on Splash Mountain with his buddies and gilfriend...
splash-mountain-proposal-will-you-marry-me.jpg

bmarkelon

How romantic! Specialty cruise during Wishes or dinner at Cali Grill or Narcoossee's during the fireworks? This way you immediately get a champagne toast! How exciting!! :sohappy:

yodasmith

I've been dying to share my proposal idea with someone. I've been saving like crazy to double pay off our trip so all the money in our vacation fund will be available for the ring.

We have always gone and stayed at POP. We always referred to a trip to the Polynesian as Super Trip. So this September we are staying at Poly for 8 days. Four days after we arrive her parents and my parents are coming out. I have a fake lunch planned with an old college buddy of mine planned. We are going to take a walk around the Poly beach. I'm going to have our parents come up behind us when i start rummaging through my pockets looking for something. Her dad (who has an extremely thick Italian accent) is going to say something along the lines of, "James, I think you dropped this".

That is just the beginning. I have a whole weekend of activities planned. Right after the proposal all the ladies are going to the GF Spa for some pampering. All the guys are going on a fishing excursion. That night we will be joined by some extended family for a dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo followed by fireworks at the Polynesian Beach. The next day a trip around the world at EPCOT with a fireworks cruise to end the day.

Needless to say, I can't wait!!!!

Txrayado

I proposed at WDW last october. What I did was made sure we went to the magic kingdom the first night we were at WDW. As we made our way down Main Street USA I said we should have our picture taken. So I gave a Photographer our photo pass reached into my pocket and proposed as she was taking the picture. the photographer took like 20 pictures even had me get back on my knee and pose. The greatest part was when people realized what I was doing they started to stop all trafic on main street USA

Runtinkrun

My husband proposed during a Photopass session at the Polynesian, so now we have actual pictures of the play-by-play of him getting down on his knee and me freaking out!

I am taking my girlfriend to WDW in late August as a trip to get back to the place we love, but also to propose to her there. We have been together over 6 years now and it all started for us at Walt Disney World! I am just really not sure how and where exactly I am going to propose to her. Is it possible to have a cast member photo the proposal? During a parade or the opening of Magic Kingdom do you think they would let me do it then. Like I said we are not going until late August so I have plenty of time to prepare so I was just looking for some advice.

Thanks!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
What's wrong with the castle?

Unoriginal. Find out her favorite show or street show in WDW. Speak with a cast member that morning and stress it is a secret. They typically give the performers a heads up and you get to do it in the center of everything.

mrscricket

I cant remember if I came up with this idea myself or read it on here :p

Have a word with CM in relation to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Could somehow propose through that :D

BigRedDad

Do a lot of sole searching to remember what is her most favorite thing at WDW. Once you know that, start brainstorming or asking for help with ideas around that.

There are so many options. My plan for my wife was to have the 7 Dwarfs bring the ring out. But, she screwed the whole plan up and it was the most uneventful engagement ever. She screwed them up so much that she had to see the ring online a week before I got it.

Disney Shib

I cant remember if I came up with this idea myself or read it on here :p

Have a word with CM in relation to Monsters Inc Laugh Floor. Could somehow propose through that :D

I've actually been in the show when something like this happened. They had the guy sit in the "THAT GUY" seat and at the very end he proposed. Very cute!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom