Project Gemini

ZHoyt

Original Poster
Now that Soarin is well under-way and the Spaceship Earth coaster deemed impossible, what's next for project gemini?

what would anyone else do to keep folks interested in epcot?

i think a definate reworking of spaceship earth is needed, as well as reinventing the wonders of life. body wars was such a cool concept, i'd love to see what they could replace it with with the technology that has been developed since then. as long as they don't touch cranium command!

PhotoDave219

Sponsors... they need sponsors. Rumor has it that ExxonMobile was uninterested in comming back because of the current CEO of Disney. Or so goes the rumor mill.

Dayma

No needed updates to SSE except maybe a new track system and possible new speakers in the head rests.

I do think that the center of Epcot needs something right now. Its just a little barren.

Sir Hiss527

It needs a major rehab, if I do say myself. New speakers, better sound system, new scences, etc. It's just so out-of-date, and old.

It's like the "Crypt Keeper"...:lol:

bdhowell

Originally posted by Sir Hiss527
It needs a major rehab, if I do say myself. New speakers, better sound system, new scences, etc. It's just so out-of-date, and old.

It's like the "Crypt Keeper"...:lol:

I disagree...replace the speakers, update final scenes, and fix the track system.

Dayma

It supposed to show mans travel through the ages and the communication that evolved. I think that it was always supposed to look "aged".

I just feel that people tend to want thrill rides now more than educational stuff.

Just my opinion of course...

Dayma

We still dont have Video Phones in most places. I have only seen them once and never actually used one so I think that could stay.

I do agree that the Internet has to be put in with more emphasis.

STGRhost

I would LOVE to see them improve SSE. It's one of my favs, but it is definetly dated. If it were me, I would smooth out the track, fix the speakers, update the scenes at the end (once you turn around - the idea is right on, but it needs to be more realistic). The whole thing could be updated as far as the effects go - like the rainbow-y stuff at the end. I like that effect, but it could be done even better with all the new technology we have now. (The whole ride was built when fiber optics and neon were the kewlist!!!!!! :lol: )

Oh, wow - this is a bad topic for me! Every time I ride it, I sit there thinking "Keep that, change that, fix that, keep that!"...

sniggle74

I just feel that people tend to want thrill rides now more than educational stuff.

Just my opinion of course...

I have to agree with you on that. I think if they can incorporate between teaching and having fun (like Epcot has done so well) in a new manner...maybe we would have different attractions. I love "Listen to the Land" and SSE. I think I am one of 8 that really dispise Test Track.

Kopp8699

Project Gemini i bet isnt dead, n i think that Epcot needs more on the WS side, i mean what new countries have there been? i think it needs 2 b updated a lil

DarkMeasures

Well you actually do learn on Test Track. The whole ride shows you how much testing must be done before a car can come into the market. Even before you enter the building you are learning.

Outside- Signs about concept cars and stuff
Line- Equipement used to test parts for the cars
PReshow- What is used to test the car
Ride- What it is like to test the cars
Postshow Factory part- What a car factory looks like and what happens after the car is ready for production
Postshow showroom- What the finished product is and of course, you can actually buy the cars...

ZHoyt

Original Poster
maybe i missed it, but what did you ever really learn on horizons or world of motion?

personaly, I learned that robots were cool, and old timey auto accidents were funny.

test track and mission space are in my opinion more fun, and equally, or even more, educational.

cloudboy

I agree that Horizons wasn't technically informative, but it was a bit historical, chronicalling a bit of the future. It was supposed to be a presentation of technology, only it kind of ost that. I think it ended up being more about optimisim than anything else.

As far as World of Motion, either you didn't pay much attention to it or they did a real good job of it! The whole pavillion was about the history of transportation, albeit very heavilly oriented torwards the car and GM in particular. Just like Spaceship Earth is about the history of communications. which is why I wonder what people think need updating - it's already happened - nothing has changed as far as history is concerned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom