Probationary attendance policy

GeorgeS

Original Poster
My girlfriend just got on with Disney, did her onboarding, Traditions and a couple days of training. Today was meant to be her first day at her location (Housekeeping at Old Key West) and she was awake most of the night with an extremely painful toothache she's been nursing off and on for a while. She was still in extreme pain this morning and insisted on calling out. What are potential consequences of this action?

Minthorne

The consequences of nursing a tooth ache for awhile and not seeing a dentist? Abscessed tooth, major infection and eventually loss of tooth. Best to get it handled soon!

GeorgeS

Original Poster
The consequences of nursing a tooth ache for awhile and not seeing a dentist? Abscessed tooth, major infection and eventually loss of tooth. Best to get it handled soon!

Thanks for that astounding input Minthorne. ;-) Yeah, no insurance, so at this point a dentist isn't an option. She needs to try to tough it out until her insurance kicks in. I might try to see if we can get her on an antibiotic at a local free clinic. Thanks for your reply AJH219.

cbettua

Thanks for that astounding input Minthorne. ;-) Yeah, no insurance, so at this point a dentist isn't an option. She needs to try to tough it out until her insurance kicks in. I might try to see if we can get her on an antibiotic at a local free clinic. Thanks for your reply AJH219.

You need to go to a dentist, regardless of insurance. You can be seen, and get a look at for about 65 bucks.

Minthorne

You need to go to a dentist, regardless of insurance. You can be seen, and get a look at for about 65 bucks.

Yeah not going to the dentist is a bad choice and will surely lead to more bills.

Also for this kind of issue new dental insurance won't cover it most if the time. You have to prove 12mos of dental ins prior for anything endodontic the first year of dental ins. I really not trying to be snarky I had a little tooth ache I nursed and it wasn't pretty at the end. A stitch in time saved nine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom