Pro gear crackdown?

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
image.jpg
Looks to me like they'll let anything in the parks anymore.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
That's a Nikon 300/2.8 VR II & teleconvertor on D800 or 810.

Also not very friendly.

Didn't look like any of the yellow shoes people I know.

That is the pure definition of "pro gear" because that's exactly what it is. That lens costs roughly 1/2 a compact car.

NowInc

That's a Nikon 300/2.8 VR II & teleconvertor on D800 or 810.

Also not very friendly.

Didn't look like any of the yellow shoes people I know.

That is the pure definition of "pro gear" because that's exactly what it is. That lens costs roughly 1/2 a compact car.

I think I may actually know who it is...I'll ask him to confirm.

Overkill? of course. Envy? maybe a tad. Would I do it? Nope.

Jahona

It does look like the d800 series. The guy isn't there for anything other than photography.

After rereading the policy they don't say they won't allow professional equipment just that you have to go through media relations to use it in a professional manor. You could be a rich hobbyist and not be considered a professional.

Professional Photography and Recording Equipment

Professional photographers with professional cameras or recording equipment, who are visiting Walt Disney World Resort with the intent to take photographs or recordings of people, Walt Disney World Resort properties or icons for professional purposes must make prior arrangements with Walt Disney World Resort Media Relations.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
It does look like the d800 series. The guy isn't there for anything other than photography.

After rereading the policy they don't say they won't allow professional equipment just that you have to go through media relations to use it in a professional manor. You could be a rich hobbyist and not be considered a professional.

You've never had security called on you for photographing, have you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom