Prized Disney Pins

Pongo

Original Poster
I'm not sure if this belongs HERE necessarily, but I wasn't sure where else to put.

So the question, kind of on a whim:

For those who collect, own, trade and/or purchase pins, what is your most prized pin? Which pin is the one that you will keep forever and will never get traded?

I'm not the most avid of pin collectors but i do have a very small collection that I've acquired over the past few years. My pride and joy is a pin of the original 101 Dalmatians movie poster inside a blue "frame." I'm pretty sure it isn't rare or anything, but it is my favorite of all the pins I've seen and handled.

nicholas

Well, I only buy pins that remind me of a special event or commemerate something I took part in. So, all of them are special to me and I have no intention of trading any of them. But if I can't find one in the stores, I'll buy a random one just so I can trade a CM for the one I want. But that's the only time I trade.

tigsmom

Mine is the Manager's Pin I got from the manager of the Polynesian. They only get so many a year to give out to people they feel are enthusiastic pin traders. Both of my girls got them too. They cannot be traded.

Yenfid

Mission Space Cast Member Opening Day
Tinker Bell Cameo Pin
Tokyo Chip and Dale Light Up Pumpkin Pin
Red, White, & Blue Cast Member Cheshire Cat
All of the Cast Member Id Pins for Disney World 9 in all (Rarest Pins I own)

Disney Store Cast Member Pins
Trivia Contest Jiminy
101 Dalmation Service pin
Outstanding Team Member for a quarted Mickey and Donald

Oh heck all my pins are important to me, that's why I buy double to trade! :hammer:

Yukinon

Nagano Minnie with grapes (from Japan) it was my first online trade and is so unique, I just love it!!

Still hunting down the Nagano Mickey with apple, and Nagano Chip and Dale with apple...

:D

Captain Hank

I've got a small pin collection, but there are a few that I'm proud of.

--An All-Star Movies pin I got when I stayed there on opening night.
--The 17 years of Disney Store pin given to us as Children's Place took over operations of TDS (my only cast exclusive pin)
--The Carousel of Progress 30th anniversary pin

Captain Hank

Yenfid said:
Mission Space Cast Member Opening Day
Tinker Bell Cameo Pin
Tokyo Chip and Dale Light Up Pumpkin Pin
Red, White, & Blue Cast Member Cheshire Cat
All of the Cast Member Id Pins for Disney World 9 in all (Rarest Pins I own)

Disney Store Cast Member Pins
Trivia Contest Jiminy
101 Dalmation Service pin
Outstanding Team Member for a quarted Mickey and Donald

Oh heck all my pins are important to me, that's why I buy double to trade! :hammer:
Wait a sec, you're from Cleveland and were a TDS Cast Member? Which one did you work at, Beachwood, Tower City or Great Lakes? I'm a CM at Great Lakes.

AEfx

nicholas said:
Well, I only buy pins that remind me of a special event or commemerate something I took part in. So, all of them are special to me and I have no intention of trading any of them.

Ditto. I only tend to buy park-related pins, for my favorite attractions, or for things like MNSSHP. I don't feel the need generally to "collect" them for anything but what a certain one signifies to me.

The only exception for me has been the "Piece of Disney History" series, which I am just buying because I think they are really cool. I've gotten all of them so far (all but one on my own) but for the next few I'll be eBaying it. The only other series that has attracted me has been the CM Atlas pins, but there is no way I am going to be spending half a grand for them on eBay, LOL. I do think they are cool, I'd rather take a trip to WDW for that kind of money.

AEfx

DanStat

Captain Hank said:
--The Carousel of Progress 30th anniversary pin

I want that pin! My favorites are the VIP HCOE pin I got a few weeks ago, my ToT "History" pin and the AKL logo pin.

Aurora_25

PirateJ said:
I have the gold D that guest services hosts wear. It's awesome.

I have that one too :)

Honestly, most of my pins I hate to loose- I have bought some at the Disney Store a while back when they were like 50 cents or so per pin and those ones I trade, but I have Pins from CM's, ones from Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disney and they are all special to me so I hate to part with them.

DCL

Mine would have to be the CoP 30th Anniversary Pin... or the 20K Piece of History pin... I can't see myself ever parting with either of those!

TiggerificChick

I know it's not special, but to me, the partners pin is my favorite because it shows mickey and walt in front of the castle and i purchased it a couple of years ago the first time i stayed at my now favorite resort, wilderness lodge!

boobis

I have a collection of a tot, Hm, both muppetvision pins and a few muppet pins but my pride and joy is the Kermit the Frog 50th anniversary pin I love it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom