private photo shoot session at Grand Floridian Resort

kirari

Original Poster
Hi,

Just a short question. We planned to do a private photo session with a photograph from Orlando. We would like to do it at the Grand Floridian, but I was wondering if they could not allow us to do it.
Then, when I was looking for information, I found that http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/dis...007-new-grand-floridian-portrait-sessions.htm.

And now, I am thinking that if they do offer that, they also should accept if we do quick photos in the morning without disturbing anything?

Do some of you had experiences? thank you!

Fizban

A few years ago we hired one of their photogs to do family photos for an hour at AKL. I don't know that they would accept outside photogs or not. That would be a question I would call about.

kirari

Original Poster
Do you think I can send an email? From where I am, it will cost me a lot of money to call them :/

dreamfinder

Officially, Disney doesn't want people charging for services on property that they haven't cleared. Photographers are the same way. Since they are private property, WDW can (and will) kick the photographer off property if they are working without permission. Now with so many guests carrying pro level camera gear in the parks, it's much harder to tell who is a working photographer and who is a guest, so you may be able to find a local photographer willing to come on property and take your pictures. If they don't bring lots of gear and you don't interrupt any guests, you may be able to get away with it. But many good ones won't chance it as if they get caught and kicked off, they are pretty much guaranteeing that they won't be allowed back to shoot weddings or other events, and they make much more money from shooting a wedding than they would for a session like you are describing.

The link you mentioned is for a service no longer being offered. All portrait sessions are now done through Disney Fine Art/Wedding Photography. You can see their site here -> http://disneyfineartphotography.com/ and their sessions currently start at $150.

I wouldn't bother sending an email, they will (at best) refer you to the Fine Art Photography group, and at worst will give you some meaningless copy/paste answer.

kirari

Original Poster
Allright, thank you for your answer.
My photograph said that she doesn't see any problem to do it on GF but that we must have a plan B in case they kicked us off. We plan to do a morning session from 7 am to 9 am, and only in the outdoor. But I just don't want to make any mistake.
Well then maybe I should change my mind.

dreamfinder

My photograph said that she doesn't see any problem to do it on GF but that we must have a plan B in case they kicked us off. We plan to do a morning session from 7 am to 9 am, and only in the outdoor. But I just don't want to make any mistake.

If you found a photographer willing to do it, then give it a shot. They will be the ones who get in trouble, Disney wouldn't do much to you. As long as they don't get in anyone's way and don't bring tons of gear with them you will probably slip under everyone's radar.

cbettua

We did our session at boardwalk, you can see it here:
http://www.bethneybackhaus.com/the-fernandez-family-orlando-disney-photographer/

Disney didn't give us any issues.

kirari

Original Poster
oh thank @cbettua ! That reassure me a lot! I had never looked t boardwalk and now that I've seen your photos, I'm in love with it. So I think we'll go for boardwalk instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom