(Princess Half) Race Transportation

Maryssa*

Original Poster
So as the easily-stressed planner I am, I'm trying to figure out exactly what to expect for race day this Feb in regards to getting to and from the Princess race.

I know there are "host" resorts that have shuttles and if you're not at one of them you have to drive? I'm staying at the WL Villas and I'm wondering how early they release the list of resorts that have a shuttle, because the thought of driving is terrifying... how do you even get to EPCOT with that main road closed? @_@ And I hear it can take up to 45 min. Can anyone share some experiences with this or perhaps a map/description of closures/the route to get there?

I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but are you allowed, as a WL guest, to park at one of the monorail resorts and take the monorail? Just wanted to check ><

Is it generally as much of a zoo leaving the race compared to arriving?

Thanks so much, sorry for being such a noob with this!

Ariel484

I'm pretty sure all resorts are host resorts for the Princess Half, so you should be all set. If not you can always take a cab.

dreamfinder

Even if you do need to drive, following the information provided in the race program will make it fairly easy. Some people do try to sleep in as late as possible when driving themselves, and that is when they get into jams. But as @Ariel484 said, I believe that last year all the resorts were host resorts. Since the resorts tend to be busy at that time of year, they often can't get as many rooms at a single location, so they need to spread out the runners.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I can't stress this enough - leave early....we always get one of the first buses out. The traffic is crazy, and it will take awhile to get there, and then you'll have to work your way through the line of buses. Then you have the long walk from bus drop off to the runners area.

I've seen people sprinting to their starting corals because they thought they'd have plenty of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom