Princess dresses at the parks

mathmagic

Original Poster
My DD is obsessed with the princesses. We plan to buy one of the princess dresses (probably Cinderella) this fall (for Halloween in part but mostly for dressing up around the house). I've seen what they are offering at the Disnet store this year, and I'm not really happy with any of the dresses (they all seen to have felt patterns on mesh, which to me doesn't seem very "princessy").

I was hoping to get to WDW in Sept and find a great dress for her, but I'm worried that we'll get there and either there won't be any kid's dresses for sale or I'll like them even less than the ones at the Disney store. Can anyone provide any information about what the parks (including Dowtown Disney, Marketplace shops) have as far as princesses dresses for kids? Thank you for any help you can provide!:wave:

DisneyPhD

There was plently of princess dresses for sale all around WDW last Jan when i was there. (we happen to have a ton since I went to the Disney store this past Nov 1st and after and got a ton for 75% off.) The ones at Disney seemed to be pretty good quality, (sequences satin etc...) Crowns and wands avilable too. I know World of Disney had them, and there were many in the store at Con also. For the most part they looked like the ones I got at TDS last year.

They cost more then getting them at the Disney store, especially at after Hallowen prices.

I haven't looked at what is avilable at TDS yet, since we own so many in differnt sizes for from last year. :lol: We are set for many halloweens and dress up for years to come.

Good luck, TDS is not the only one that carries Disney Princess Dresses. I know cost co had some good ones last year. Also there are some nice patterns out there. Get some great pictures!

yensidtlaw1969

Hey, if you're that worried, make one yourself! It'll feel great knowing you made your DD happy and you can guarantee that it's what you want, GO FOR IT!

celestia

I thought they were pretty nice when i was there last.
They all were a bit shimmery, and you could get any acsessory (pardon my spelling) to go along with them, everything from wigs to wands to shoes for the most part. They carried a lot of them at the magic kingdom in fantasyland around the castle, and also at downtown disney. Every time I see a cute little kid dressed up it reminds me of the disney commercials where the little kids dressed as cinderella or snow white meet their favorite princesses :) be sure to get a photo with the matching princess! It would be such a lovely memory, i can't wait to have kids and get them those outfits. Even the boy outfits are adorable!

brkgnews

Our local Wal-Mart also sells them back in the toy aisles. At first blush, they appear to be the same (or very similar) to the ones sold in the parks, and also had the same (or similar) accessories (tiara, shoes, wands, etc). Not sure if they're exactly the same, but they look to be at least a reasonable facsimile. I think they were about $20 or so, then the acessories were extra. Might be worth checking out to see if they're decent.

Nicole

I made a Snow White dress for my 3 y.o. dd last year. I am so glad I did. It's machine washable and looks just like the dress SW wears in the movie. It's always irked me that the princess dresses you can buy have a picture of the character on them. Like Cinderella wears a ball gown with her photo on the front? I must've missed that.

Kwit35

I was looking for them for my daughter this past month. I couldn't find any at Walmart and the ones at Target were picked over. I do have a year round Halloween Adventure store near me, so we got a nice Snow White dress, yesterday. It was a bit pricey though. In the MK,there is very nice shop near the Carousel, behind the castle. It is FULL of princess dresses and accessories. My daughter's eyes glass over everytime we go in there. :) Prices are not to bad.

maelstrom

I agree with the people who've said to make your own. When I was little, the princess dresses found at the park were *very* expensive, but well made, looked just like the princess's dress from the movie, weren't so poufy, and didn't have the princess's picture on the front (this is so ridiculous!). I don't think it's even worth it to buy the ones they sell now.

We got my daughter a Belle dress at MGM. The store was right on Sunset Blvd and I believe it was called L.A. Prop Cinema Storage. The dress was about $50.00 but it was a nice dress. She wears it whenever she watches BaTB

shari71

We bought the Cinderella dress ($36) for our daughter last year for our trip to Disney in Oct. from the local Disney Store. As soon as we got home she put it one and started complaining it hurt. Well where they stitched the bodice to the dress part there were really rough edges. To get around that I bought an undershirt that you could not see. So off the Disney we went. The night of MNSSHP we put it on her and she immediately starts screaming that her arms hurt. The sleeves were short and puffy and way to tight. She had marks on her arms where it cut in.

So we rush off to the gift shop in the hotel. They had the same Cinderella costume, Sleeping Beauty and Minnie costume we could get back home with a jacked up price ($55). We ended up getting the Sleeping Beauty one because the sleeves were longer and did not cut in but we had the same problem with the stitching, but with this dress the undershirt was visible.

Good thing was she didn't care that the undershirt was showing and it made for some really cute pictures, but in the end we spent way more than we intended for a Halloween costume. On top of it the gauzy sleeves ripped at the shoulders the first time she wore it.

Overall, I love dressing her in these outfits but for the price it really is not feasible. I have been sworn by my husband that I am not to revealt the price to him of the last outfit and of course the accessories she just had to have. :) :) :)

mathmagic

Original Poster
Thank you all for your input. Since I can barely thread a needle (forget about tying a knot in the thread!) I have decided to broaden my horizons and at least check out princess dresses that other stores and catalogs offer. I think I saw pretty cute ones in a Lilly's Kids catalog. Hopefully, I won't run into some of the quality and fit issues you had before DD falls in love with a dress! If you see any other nice dresses out there, keep me posted!

TnkrBelPixiDust

mathmagic My DD is obsessed with the princesses. We plan to buy one of the princess dresses (probably Cinderella) this fall (for Halloween in part but mostly for dressing up around the house). I've seen what they are offering at the Disnet store this year, and I'm not really happy with any of the dresses (they all seen to have felt patterns on mesh, which to me doesn't seem very "princessy").

I was hoping to get to WDW in Sept and find a great dress for her, but I'm worried that we'll get there and either there won't be any kid's dresses for sale or I'll like them even less than the ones at the Disney store. Can anyone provide any information about what the parks (including Dowtown Disney, Marketplace shops) have as far as princesses dresses for kids? Thank you for any help you can provide!

First welcome to the boards Mathmagic!!! I was suprised to hear that you werent happy with the princess dresses at the Disney store. I was just there on Tuesday and my best friend and I were amazed at how beautifull the dresses were and even commenting that we didnt have such cute costumes when we were kids. If you cant find what you want at the Disney Store and want to wait till you go to WDW then my suggestion would be to look @ Tinkerbell's Treasures. It's a store in Fantasyland that has just about everything Princess that you can think of! Hope this helped you out!!!

Pixie Duster

WDW Dresses

mathmagic said:
Thank you all for your input. Since I can barely thread a needle (forget about tying a knot in the thread!) I have decided to broaden my horizons and at least check out princess dresses that other stores and catalogs offer. I think I saw pretty cute ones in a Lilly's Kids catalog. Hopefully, I won't run into some of the quality and fit issues you had before DD falls in love with a dress! If you see any other nice dresses out there, keep me posted!

Do you need me to take some picks of the different dresses at WDW?

Tigggrl

Hi and Welcome!
This is my Fav. site for Halloween costumes, and they have a great selection of Disney ones, for adults and kids!
http://hollywoodcostumesandparty.com
WDW and DL will be getting the bulk of their halloween costumes next month. While they always carry the princess line, they have some great costumes for everyone that they dont usually carry, especially for the adults!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom