Pre-Trip Princess 4th Birthday - June 17

This is my first time doing this, so sorry if it is weird! Also, I will not be posting pictures of my little ones because I feel weird putting their faces on a public forum. :) Well, I would probably be fine, but my husband is a security expert and would definitely have issues lol!

Who: Myself, 32, and long time Disney fanatic. This will be my 6th(?) trip, I'm unsure because we went a few times when I was a bit to young to remember. Also going are my husband (33), my 3 year old princess who will turn 4 on June 13th, and my 8 year old son (who went in 2012 for his 4th birthday). Ironically, our princess came in 2012, I just didn't know it. We found out I was pregnant with her about 3 days after we returned. Thinking back on it, that rum and coke I had at the AKL could explain her a WHOLE lot! :D

What: My troop of crazy monkeys will be doing Disney world and Universal Studios.

When: We are taking our family of 4 to Disney from June 10th - 18th 2017.

Where: We were originally booked at the CBR; however, after the refurbishment news we switched to PORFQ. We stayed at AKL back in 2012, but that was September when it was cheaper. It was hard to agree to shell out the sort of money for a Deluxe when we will be spending most of the time in the parks... Oh well, maybe we will stay Deluxe next time.

*Update* It turns out I just couldn't help myself. For the first time in over a month the ability to change our reservation was available again online. I always felt we were settling a bit at PORFQ standard view room. It seemed like a nice room, but nothing too special. We wanted the magical like our AKL trip. Last month when I switched from CBR to PORFQ, we tried to look at the Royal Guest rooms at Riverside, but it would have increased our trip by a grand. When I checked again last might, a Royal Guest Room Pool view was less than 400 more! SOLD! We are so excited to surprise our kids with this.

Why: The reason I told my husband was for our daughter's 4th birthday. We took our son for his 4th birthday and it was only fair right? Also that trip was our last hoorah as the family that we were. We were actively trying to have my soon to be daughter at the time, we just didn't know she was already there. Actually, that should have been my first clue to the type of child she would be, the sweetest cupcake baked by the devil :). So this trip is to celebrate her 4th birthday and the family that we now are. I swear, that is my only motivation. Well that and the Disney withdrawals. We went for our honeymoon in 2006, again in 2008, then in 2012. If I don't get my Disney fix soon, I swear Disney will explode all over our house. I saw Ethan Allan has a new Disney furniture collection dear, I will get my fix somehow.... *innocent smile*

I am pretty sure my husband is catching on to me though. It has become pretty obvious that I am looking forward to this trip more than anyone. I tell him it is only because our daughter doesn't know any better yet. I'll convert her yet!

How: 5 day tickets with park hopper and water passes. We also are trying the DDP this time. Driving down. We only live 6 hours away and I am not buying 4 plane tickets for something that I could easily drive. We have money, but I'm still cheap.

*Update* Dropped the park hopper since none of our plans really use it. It helped offset the cost of the nicer room.

A final bit about myself. I am a Project Analyst, so needless to say I am a bit @nal retentive. I have plans for the plans for the plans. My husband pretends that it drives him nuts, but really I think he likes that it means less work for him in the short and long run.

Day 1 Plans:
-Arrive at Disney resort around 2pm. Hang at the resort pool until check in and settle in for a bit. -Then go to MK by 4:30ish. Enjoy ice cream at the Main Street Ice Cream Parlor before setting out for Adventureland and Frontierland.
-Finish the night at the park with the new evening fireworks show.
-After we will head to DS for a late diner before crashing.
-FP+ Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, and Jungle Cruise.

Day 2 Plans:
-EMH Rope Drop HS.
-Lunch will be at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant with dinner at the Hollywood and Vine. I'm sure the two moneys will be in square screen withdrawls at this point, so Sci-Fi seems like a win. Food and TV! Hollywood and Vine lets us skip Meet and Greets and gives us seats for Fantasmic. *Pat self on back.*
-Also note to self, under no circumstance are we allowed to miss Frozen ever after or Beauty and the Beast.
-We will rope drop Tower of Terror and Rocking Roller Coaster (if son wants to ride.)
-We will try to use Disney Visa to meet Star Wars characters while children look at me in confusion. I still haven't convinced my kids that Star Wars is awesome :(.
-After Fantasmic, go home and crash happily. Convince terror of a daughter to sleep in her bed. Give up at 2 am and let her stay. Possibly give up at 3 am and sleep with son. May the odds be every in your favor babe. :)
FP+ Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, and Frozen ever after? Sure, that should work.

Day 3 Plans:
-EMH Rope Drop AK.
-Lunch will be whatever I can convince the hungry, picky, pack of Lions to eat. I'll pretend that Mac and Cheese for the 3rd day in the row is healthy right?
-We'll have Diner at Tusker House. We went here in 2012 and loved it. Also, comes with premium seating for the River of Lights show, so WIN! Wish I could plan more, but still so much left up in the air with Pandora and all. Disney and I are not on the same page at all with my neurotic need for planning. I am trying to think of coping mechanisms, but it mostly is turning into stalking the Pandora threads.
-FP+, what FP+, how can I plan FP+ if I don't know what Pandora will do! Oh well. Kali River Rapids, Dinosaur, Na'vi River Journey if possible and Kilimanjaro if not.

Day 4 Plans:
-This is the big birthday! Collude with Disney to have In-Room celebration possibly for this day.
- Epcot day!
-8 am Akershus breakfast reservation.
- Rope drop Test Track and shortly after Soarin. I think.
-Lunch at Garden Grill. I'm a hippie in disguise and I really want to try this place. Ok, maybe not so in disguise. :) I haven't been since I was my daughter's age.
- Diner at Chefs de France. Husband is really looking forward to this one.
- Enjoy EMH in the evening.
- Show children the amazing Illuminations!
-FP+ if stupidly luckily Frozen, Spaceship Earth, and Finding Nemo. If not lucky FP Test Track and use breakfast rez to Rope Drop Frozen.

Day 5 Plans:
-MK Continued!
-Catch Rope Drop show.
-Breakfast at The Crystal Palace
-Lunch at Be our Guest
-Dinner at the famous Cinderella's Royal Table. This will be a first for the whole family. We are planning on presenting our daughter with the Princess package at this dinner.
-Catch the Fantasy Parade and the Royal Friendship Faire.
-FP if lucky SDMT, Peter Pan, and Enchanted Tales with Belle.

Day 6 Plans:
-Sleep in!
-Give up at 7 and wake up anyway. Maybe walk around the resort and revel in the alone time for the first time in days!
-Blizzard Beach Day! Show up around 10 for a fun day in the water!
-Catch lunch where ever, I really don't care at this point. They could eat cake and I'd probably be cool with it. Just eat something.
-Leave around 3ish
-Have Disney Sitter show up around 4:30 while husband and I plan our great escape! Oh yeah, I should probably order them a pizza or something right? Fine, pizza it is.
- Promptly run away with husband to the Yachtsman Steak House. Enjoy a grown up dinner. Finally, booze! Thank God for Wine.
- Meet up with little gremlins at 6:30ish. Got to DS. Check out Disney Quest for first and last time before it closes and enjoy our quiet evening. Tomorrow the fun starts again!
-*PS keep eye out for ear plugs I didn't think I would need. Being surrounded by 3 snorers is slowly sapping away my mind. At this rate, I'm sure the cute 6 month old I see down the street is smarter than me.

Day 7 Plans:
-Universal Islands of Adventure. Arrive at opening.
- I told myself I was saving myself the planning and just getting the family Express Passes.
I bought them and quickly found myself planning a touring guide anyway. Ok, I admit it. I have an addiction but I will not yet yield to saying it is a problem.
- Lunch at Mythos and Dinner at The Three Broomsticks.
-Buy myself, I mean kids, definitely the kids, wands. Nothing to see here, moving on. Wand, I don't have a wand?? *Hide wand in bag.*

Day 8 Plans:
-Cry because this is our last day. Throw party because this is our last day. I'm so insane by this point I don't know anymore.
-Universal Studios Opening
- Lunch at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium & Savory Feast Fest. All you had to do was say chocolate and you guaranteed you will get my money. Adding the Steam Punk theme was just adding sugar to the cake.
-Dinner at Hogs head restaurant. I better walk those 20,000 steps because I am not leaving without a Butterbear. Quickly give the rest to kids, maybe.
- Enjoy early evening at hotel and play in the pool for one last time. Throw my kids in front of the TV and crash before everyone in defeat.

Day 9 Plans:
Drive home and collect animals. Start planning return trip in 2019.

What can I say, I love it. :)

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Following along

And with regard to rum and coke....

I am sure my mom had something similar when I was on the way...

and I turned fine out!!!!

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Hi
Day 2 is in HS but you mentioned not missing Frozen Ever After (which is in Epcot)
Was that just a mental note or did you mean to say not miss the Frozen Sing along?

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Just curious..
on HS day they are monkeys and by AK day they are lions
Yet after that they are just the "kids"
When mine were younger they would get more animalistic as the trip progressed!!

Max

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Just curious..
on HS day they are monkeys and by AK day they are lions
Yet after that they are just the "kids"
When mine were younger they would get more animalistic as the trip progressed!!

Max
If I remember right Kid is a name for a baby goat right? So it is kind of in the same theme :)? By the end, they will mostly likely be closer to gremlins than anything. :D

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I updated the original post a bit. We ended up dropping Park Hopper since none of our plans use it. This allowed us to book a special Royal Guest Room Pool view instead! I can't wait to surprise our kids with the room!

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Well today was the big day! Made our FP+ Reservations and did online check in.

Day 1 FP+ at Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise 5pm
Splash Mountain 6pm
Big Thunder Mt Railroad 7pm

Day 2 FP+ at HS
TOT 9am
Toy Story 10:15 am
Star Tours 11:15am

Day 3 FP+ at AK
Na'vi River Journey 8am
Kilimanjaro 9am
Kali River Rapids 10:05 am

Day 4 FP+ Epcot
The Seas with Nemo 9:45am
Spaceship Earth 10:45am
Frozen 11:50am

Day 5 FP+ at MK
Peter Pan's Flight 9:05 am
7 Dwarfs Mine Train 10:55 am
Enchanted Tales with Belle 12pm

amjt660

Premium Member
Looks great to me

Still following along

Quick question - I get the not having your children's pic on the internet
But your 8 year old can probably handle a camera
So... will there be pics of Mom and Dad??????

Max

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Probably!

Here is a picture of me and one of the husband during our last trip in 2012.

Attachments

• SAM_0533.JPG
    SAM_0533.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 34
  • SAM_0669.JPG
    SAM_0669.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 35

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Well, we are now down to 6 days! My not quite 4 year old gets excited every time she gets in the car asking if we are going to DIsney World now!

Some small changes since I last posted. We booked a Garden Dessert Package at MK in order to get a good viewing of the Happily Ever After night time show on our first night, the 10th. We also found out that some family is coming up to meet us (They live in FL). So we will all meet here and there from the 14th through the 17th. They have their own FP and Park plans, and we have ours; however, we are mostly likley going to meet after dinner and parks those days. We will do the water park together on the 15th though.

Also, instead of hiring a sitter, we reserved spots to bring the kids to club dolphin!

Can't wait!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom