Prime Time Cafe to Illuminations

disneykidathart

Original Poster
I have ressie's one night at Prime Time at 7PM and would love to get over to Illuminations by 9. I thought there was a boat between the 2 parks or that you could walk? Any suggestions?

zurgandfriend

You are correct you can either walk or take a boat. The Friendship Boats run between the DHS dock and Epcot, they are rather slow moving. There is also a walkway from DHS to the Epcot resort area, I believe it's about a mile to a mile and a half in distance. I did a similar thing walking off dinner from Yachtsman Steakhouse to DHS once.

JoMarch

The friendship boat docks at the entrance of Hollywood Studios. The boats run about 15 minutes apart....I hardly ever had to wait for one. The ride between DHS to Epcot is about 20 minutes. It's not long at all.

Mukta

Just so that you plan accordingly, having an ADR at 7 doesn't guarantee a seat at 7 pm. You may not make it out of the restaurant before 8:30 or so. The boat will make a few stops between DHS and Epcot. You will save time by getting off at the Boardwalk or Yacht/Beach Club and walking into Epcot from there.

Rob562

I've found that unless you get on a boat that's sitting at the dock when you exit the Studios, walking *always* beats out the boat.

Even if there *is* a boat there, it'll be about the same as a strolling pace along the walkway. A decent-pace walk will most definitely beat the boat in a race to Epcot.

Fastest route while walking:
As you walk along the path, turn into the *themed* pool area (with the coaster water slide), walk around to the far side of the pool and then cut through to the main part of the Boardwalk. Then continue to the right around to Epcot. Doing this cut-through cuts about 1/4 mile off the walk up and around the far end by Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls.

-Rob

ginnyfavers

Rob is correct. Walking always beats the boats, and his route is spot on. If you get out of the restaurant by 8 p.m. (which I doubt you will), take the boat but otherwise you will need to hoof it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom