preshow music

Firewolfe51

Original Poster
hey guys....been awhile since i been here hope everyone is good. LOL im sure everyone still raising Hell about something.......anyway please help I cant think of the name of the song that is played in the illuminations preshow? Its the one you might think OFF KILTER is playing but its not. :brick:

Rob562

I presume you mean "Busindre Reel" by Hevia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFRDT2dvBbc

It's available on iTunes.
I also admit it's my favorite song from the current pre-show loop. And while I much preferred the original Reflections of Earth pre-show music loop (it was changed in mid-2004), the current loop has grown on me, thanks in part to this song.

-Rob

haha, I hear that and I'm thinking, "I need to find a spot quick, to view Illuminations!"

As I was listening to the clip I was expecting to hear something like "In just 10 minutes Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will light up the sky over World Showcase, made possible by Sylvania, a Siemens company."

Or something along the lines of that!

Horizonstta

As I was listening to the clip I was expecting to hear something like "In just 10 minutes Illuminations: Reflections of Earth will light up the sky over World Showcase, made possible by Sylvania, a Siemens company."

Or something along the lines of that!

You can find all of the narration spiels here.

hpyhnt 1000

I presume you mean "Busindre Reel" by Hevia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFRDT2dvBbc

It's available on iTunes.
I also admit it's my favorite song from the current pre-show loop. And while I much preferred the original Reflections of Earth pre-show music loop (it was changed in mid-2004), the current loop has grown on me, thanks in part to this song.

-Rob

Agree completely. Between Busindre Reel, Apurimac II, and Our Life, this preshow really has become my favorite. I even like Jalan Kopo to some extentnow, which I really didn't in the beginning. :)

Rob562

I could have sworn John Williams' "Appalachian Morning" used to be part of the pre-show. Am I thinking pre-RoE?

"Appalachian Morning" was the final song in the first RoE pre-show music loop that ran from RoE's introduction in 1999 until July 3, 2004. On July 4, 2004 they switched to the current pre-show music.

The original music was barely more than 30 minutes long (the MP3 I have is 31:39). Appalacian Spring starts at the 29:00 mark, so you usually didn't get to hear the whole thing.

The problem came when they had technical issues and had to delay the start of the show. When they ran out of music, I think it looped back to the beginning of the playlist. They fixed this problem with the new music, which runs almost 45-minutes. So they have some extra in case of any delays (or at least 15-minutes worth of delays) before having to repeat songs.

But, of course, this means that there are some songs in the pre-show playlist that most people never get to hear because they're not at a delayed-start show.
Here's the full list:
http://www.disneymusicloops.com/wdw/wdwepcot-ws-roe2.html
Typically, the show starts just after the 7th track, "Bear" has started. So you only hear a little bit of it, and rarely hear "Red Skies" or "Texas".

(I like "Red Skies", and think it should be moved up in the playlist to play more often... "Texas" is a little...weird. No other word for it)

-Rob

dandaman

Thanks for the info. Glad I'm not going crazy (per se) when I place myself in World Showcase whenever I hear it. :lol:

ZapperZ

Actually, my most favorite pre-Illumination music is "Falling Through a Cloud" by Uttara-Kuru. I liked it so much that I used it as the second music in my video compilation of the Expedition Pins event video. I thought it was appropriate because (i) it obviously had a Disney connection, being a pre-Illumination music, and (ii) our evening Expedition Pins event was held in "Asia", and since this music was by a Japanese New Age group, the connection is obvious! :)

Zz.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom