Premium AP rate change with closing of PI?

PeeplMoovr

Original Poster
Couldn't find a post on this yet - sorry if it's a double.

Considering that entrance into the PI clubs was included in the price for my Premium Annual Pass, any chance Disney would reduce the price of the PAP? Considering the fact that we're getting less, shouldn't we be charged less? :shrug:

Thanks for any info. I will help me decide whether we should do the regular AP next time around.

uklad79

Hahahahahahahahaha :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL: I just wet myself. Price Decrease? :ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:You did mean your DISNEY annual pass? I hear you can get a "free" round of golf, real golf not the mini version.

Brian_WDW74

From disneyworld.com's Pleasure Island FAQ page:

Q. What do the changes on Pleasure Island mean to a Walt Disney World® Premium Annual Passholder?

A. Beginning September 28, 2008, your Premium Annual Pass will no longer include admission to the Pleasure Island nightclubs.
The good news is that beginning June 28, 2008, Guests with a Premium Annual Passes will be able to play a round of golf at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course—a relaxed, nine-hole walking course designed for the entire family! Tee times are required and subject to availability. To make a tee time, call 407-WDW-GOLF (939-4653)† or visit disneyworldgolf.com.

mickeyfan1973

Premium Annual Pass

Good News!
:wave:I just called the information line provided on the PI Information link that was provided in one of the posts and Premium Annual Passholders and PI Annual Passholders will be entitled to a pro-rated refund for all of the days past Sept 27th until your pass expires. They said that they will be sending out letters to everyone with instructions on what to do and where to go to get a refund. So, you will get your money back for the unused days on your pass, you won't get stuck with a round of golf.

hokielutz

That pro-rated refund is really going to be miniscule. Also, I don't see the rates going down. Maybe they will hold the line on the PAP price for this year, and just raise the rates on the basic AP.

I seriously doubt they will cut the rates, especially since the cost of fuel for the company has increased by 80% since last year.

Rob562

I read that about the pro-rated refunds on the PI APs...

Here's my question... I don't need the water parks or DisneyQuest, so on my trip in early September I was planning on getting a regular AP and a PI AP.
So if I'm reading the fine print correctly, if they're still selling the PI AP when I go, I'll pay ~$60 for it, and then after Sept 28th they'll refund $55 of it? (That would be 11/12 of the price)

The other question I guess would be, if they stop selling the PI AP at some point, would there be any *other* option that would get me into PI for an entire week without paying for individual tickets?

-Rob

JuliaGulia

They are no longer selling PI APs

You can still buy a one night all club pass (~$21) and add a week long extension (~$15)

This deal was available at the buy it yourself PI tickets kiosks last week

Have Fun

chipndale72

After years of just reading the sites content, and recently finally joining, this is my first post.

We recently purchased DVC AP before the announcement of PI closing, this morning we received our letter of confirmation and our Exchange Certificates, included was the following leaflet:

WDW AP Leaflet.jpg

Apologies for the quality, as the leaflet was not scanned but photographed against a dvd cover, when you enlarge the picture the print becomes readable.:animwink:

magnyseb

Humm....I have my exchange certificate for a Premium and will be getting my real pass within 3 weeks...What will they propose me then? Actually I'm more interested in water parks than in the clubs, but if I can get some money back...:) The golf offer sounds ok for those who play golf, but when you know that DisneyQuest will soon be closing too, it begins to be too much.

jt04

Humm....I have my exchange certificate for a Premium and will be getting my real pass within 3 weeks...What will they propose me then? Actually I'm more interested in water parks than in the clubs, but if I can get some money back...:) The golf offer sounds ok for those who play golf, but when you know that DisneyQuest will soon be closing too, it begins to be too much.

The "DisneyQuest is closing" rumor is no longer in effect. :)

JWG

The value of that Water Park & More option dies by year. It will now be good for two water parks, Disney Quest, Wide World of Sports and maybe 1 round of 9-hole golf.

Does anyone actually go to Wide World of Sports? I've never seen a bus that goes there.

I think that Water Park & More piece needs to decrease in price or they need to add some things to it. Maybe add the mini-golf courses (limit once per course if they so chose). Maybe add recreational rentals such as boats or bikes?

dreamfinder

Does anyone actually go to Wide World of Sports? I've never seen a bus that goes there.

The only regular bus that goes to WWoS is from DHS. I imagine that if they include bowling at the new 100 lane place more people may go.

But they heavily use the WWoS for competitions and other special events. So you, the average park visitor may not go there, but it does draw in people for events. Otherwise they wouldn't keep it open.

magnyseb

Well, actually, I intend to visit DWWS. By the way, do you know when I can see a baseball game? Do they play in the morning? Evening?

So DisneyQuest isn't closing? I guess they thought with PI closing too, it would have been too empty.

backinaction

after getting passed around from department to department last night for over an hour we finally spoke to someone who gave us two options...either a 20 dollar refund on our pre annuals or we could downgrade from pre annuals to regular annuals and get a 139 dollar refund on our tickets. We chose the latter because we really dont use the water park and disney quest options all that much. overall we were satisfied with disney responce.

kimmychad

That pro-rated refund is really going to be miniscule. Also, I don't see the rates going down. Maybe they will hold the line on the PAP price for this year, and just raise the rates on the basic AP.

I seriously doubt they will cut the rates, especially since the cost of fuel for the company has increased by 80% since last year.

since gas only went up about a dollar since last year where do you get your 80% figure from? just curious

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom