Pregnant and planning

MKgirl85

Hi All,
We have a trip planned for 7/29-8/5. We usually go in mid/late Sept but I am pregnant this year so trying to get one more trip in before the baby and before my little one turns 3.
I have been more times than I can count, so we are Disney pros but never pregnant before. I will be 30 weeks so hot and sweaty and huge im sure.
Any suggestions for a trip that pregnant?

It will be myself, husband and almost 3 year old daughter.

Thanks!

WDWDreamer4

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant with our 4th and I would really plan on taking it slow on your trip. Lots of water, and sitting when possible. Plan TS meals so you can get out of the heat and sit for a while. I would also plan a ton of time at the pool. The weather is going to be hot and swelling with be an issue. There are still rides you can do, but be ready for CM to possibly say something about your "condition". I never went to WDW pregnant so I am not sure if anyone would say anything.
Lots of Character interactions, especially with your almost 3 year old. The characters will make a fuss over your belly too.
Stay in shape during the pregnancy, walk often so when you are in WDW you aren't walking those distances for the first time in 6 months.
I would still go, though others may definitely say different. Just plan breaks, pool time and really listen to your body. If you are tired/uncomfortable take a break and drink tons of water. You don't want the strain to send you into early labor.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

Premium Member
Water, water and more water! Make a mental note of where every bathroom is! Do not wear anything snug because you may swell a bit in the heat and seek out A/C when needed. Hit shows in the afternoon to avoid the heat and the same goes for TS meals if your schedule allows. CHH upstairs is quiet and has excellent A/C Good luck and congrats!

Upvote 0

Seanual757

My wife and I have been twice when she was 30+ weeks, lots of water but to be honest she was on a roll I could not keep up with her she was the Energizer bunny she just kept going and going. I kept her hydrated and she froze me out of the room daily but it was all good.

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Take swimming breaks too! Your 3 year old will love it and you'll make wonderful memories just hanging by the pool. Order yourself some virgin drinks... You'll enjoy yourself for sure... and of course like all others have said just stay hydrated and listen to your body. Sit if you need to sit. Go into shops to get away from the heat (maybe buy the newest addition a little something).

Upvote 0

kniquy

Is your doctor okay with you traveling in your last trimester? Most will recommend you avoid any travel -flying or long drives in the last trimester. It is still pretty early in your pregnancy and i am sure you are feeling good right now but certainly anything can happen despite if your first pregnancy went well. If you can push it up to be a little earlier in your pregnancy it might not be a bad idea - beginning of June/end of May would be a good time (lower crowds, maybe not as hot and humid).

If you stick with your dates then definitely staying hydrated will be your most important goal and making sure your BP is well controlled and know where the nearest OB in case you have any issues. If you have done WDW many times then just make this a more relaxing vacation with parks early until noon and relax for the afternoon with resort/pool time. I would imagine that your almost 3yo will maybe want a nap or have some quiet afternoon time. You could use this trip to do some resort hopping with different dinner reservations. I would set my expectations low with activities and actually plan with the though of needing to cancel if you are medically unable to travel.

Upvote 0

MKgirl85

Original Poster
ya luckily my doctor said I can travel through 35 weeks. We will probably be driving with breaks along the way, so I am not concerned with that. We are usually pretty good with planning and just seeing how it goes. Obv plenty of water and AC is my plans lol.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom