Preferred Fireworks viewing?

Thorphin

We just booked a Discovery Magic package and I was wondering if anyone had any experienec with one of the options. According to http://www.wdwig.com/discov2002.htm ,
it mentions that preferred fireworks viewing is available in MK and Epcot and that a voucher is required. Does that mean that you have to use your magical wish? Where do you go to set this up? Is it worth it? :confused:

Thanks...

DisneyrazZ

no way! they cant cut the fireworks indefinately! that is just "un-Disney" like...that is half the magic of WDW! sometimes I wish Disney would think about what they are doing...for instance...Donald's boat is a big attraction b/c of the water...that is what makes it so much fun...well..they cut the water off b/c of the drought, and when i was in WDW over spring break, there was nobody near Donald's boat b/c nobody cared to see it without the water! i wonder what they will do away with next? a whole theme park? ( i know that would never happen, but i guess you never know ) :mad:

~DisneyrazZ~

Upvote 0
First of all, the fireworks are not cancelled indefinitely. The MK fireworks may have been cancelled due to the low capacity, but Illuminations (or whatever it's called now) and Fantasmic are both still going strong. And Disney already published their schedules for the next few months and there are plenty of nights for MK fireworks.

Also, do you REALLY have a problem with Disney turning off the water on unneccesary fountains, etc. and yes, even Donald's Boat, during the horrible drought Florida has been having lately? I know Disney does their own water, so I'm not sure if they have to answer to the local authorities on water use, but they have to be feeling the effects of the drought too!

Upvote 0

Disneynut

Originally posted by Thorphin
We just booked a Discovery Magic package and I was wondering if anyone had any experienec with one of the options. According to http://www.wdwig.com/discov2002.htm ,
it mentions that preferred fireworks viewing is available in MK and Epcot and that a voucher is required. Does that mean that you have to use your magical wish? Where do you go to set this up? Is it worth it? :confused:

Thanks...

No, you do not use a Magical Wish. When you check-in, in your welcome package will be vouchers to be used for the preferred viewing area. When we were there last October, the area for Epcot was the boat dock next to Morocco and at MK it is located in the Rose Garden to the right of the Castle. I would still suggest you get to the viewing area early, we were there at a slow time of the year and both areas were packed.

Upvote 0

dliddi

i didn't use Preferred seating, we just picked spots. in epcot we ate at the mexican pavilion there's an out door erea to eat we got a spot along the railing, and it was great veiwing, we also did the same in france, just get down wind of the fire works.

In MK we stood by the crystal palace had a great view and really wasn't crowded.

have fun

Upvote 0

dponisci

fireworks

i just returned from disney world yesterday and as of monday the fireworks were still running. i saw them on sunday at MK and they were great. they are only running on certain nights when the park is open later and by the looks of things attendance is back up because the parks were mobbed especially MGM and MK.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Originally posted by Married@WDW
First of all, the fireworks are not cancelled indefinitely. The MK fireworks may have been cancelled due to the low capacity, but Illuminations (or whatever it's called now) and Fantasmic are both still going strong. And Disney already published their schedules for the next few months and there are plenty of nights for MK fireworks.

Also, do you REALLY have a problem with Disney turning off the water on unneccesary fountains, etc. and yes, even Donald's Boat, during the horrible drought Florida has been having lately? I know Disney does their own water, so I'm not sure if they have to answer to the local authorities on water use, but they have to be feeling the effects of the drought too!

I'm not sure about this, but I don't think Disney is required to cut water usage. It's a good idea. Florida is in a bad drought. Cutting water usage is a good thing even if it means you may not get to play in the fountains.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I wanted to respond on both the water and fireworks questions.

Even though WDW has it's own "water source...wells and treatment facilities" it still draws from the same ultimate source as the rest of the state...the aquifer. During the severest part of the drought (at least in our area) well owner's water usage was also restricted.

The fireworks restrictions, if their are any, are also related to the drought. The county next to ours has a fire ban in affect as of the 1st of May. This includes a ban on fireworks! If we don't get rain soon, it will go into effect here, also.

As I post this, there is the strong smell of a forest fire outside, and smoke is in the air (makes it look overcast)....shades of last year!

Upvote 0

Disneypro

Just to get back OT

Originally posted by Thorphin

Thanks...

After we made the final payment on our plan they sent us all the vouchers in an envelope with all the other info. The MK fireworks viewing is by the rose garden and it's a pretty good spot. Tink flys right over your heads. And if I remember correctly the illuminations viewing is in that area to the right, just after England going toward Canada. These vouchers do not count as magical wishes. To use the vouchers we just went up to the area and presented the CM with it to gain admission to the area.
Hope this helps:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom