pre trip report 6/23-7/6 graduation gift for my niece

Come on read it!! Time to gain weight but so worth it! Pretrip report 06/23-07/06!!!

pre-trip report for 6/23-7/6..graduation gift!
Ok so I know my trip isn’t for another 54 days but I figured I would start a pre-trip report. So a little about me….i’m Courtney. I’m 25 and have been going to Disney if not every year since I was born, it’s been every other year. My family has time sharing down in Lake Buena Vista, so even if we weren’t staying on Disney property, we still went to the parks. My biggest obsession came when I went back to Disney back in 2005.Me and my boyfriend at the time, Mike, were only dating for about 2 months, and he decided to come along on vacation with me and the family. Of course we were at the time share place but we still went to the parks and had a ball. Well the next year in July 2006, we all went back again, again staying at the timeshare. Then on July 30, 2006, Mike proposed to me at Cinderella’s Castle. That began the craziness! this made me a princess according to my husband!
princess.gif
After that day, our wedding was Cinderella based, we then proceeded to go on our honeymoon at Caribbean Beach in September of 2007, and then went back at All Star Movies for our one year anniversary just last year in September 2008.
bride.gif

On that trip, I decided that instead of giving my niece money or a gift for her high school graduation gift in june 2009, I was going to take her to Disney on a vacation as her gift. So that leads us to now. My husband and I are taking my niece, Chynna, to Disney on june 23rd-july 6th for her high school graduation gift. We are staying at Pop Century. We have the deluxe dining plan (which equals to 39 meals per person and 2 snacks per person) and we have 8 tickets to the parks along with the water park and fun option added on.
cool1.gif

So needless to say I am a Disney freak!
banana.gif
I was a nut planning my wedding and I have been a nut ever since planning our trips. This year is no exception. My DH and DN have even been making fun of me askng me if I scheduled time to go to the bathroom because I have every mnute planned for us for this trip.

My husband is a bit sick of the Disney stuff but he puts up with it because I love it so much. But I will say I can see where hes coming from since hes been there every year since 2005 and hes a man and could care less about characters and stuff.

My niece is also THRILLED! Shes started a countdown a couple days ago! Shes mainly excited because she has never been on a trip without her two little brothers and hasn’t been to Disney since she was probably 10. so she is very excited to be going.
dance.gif

Since this is her graduation gift, I have tons of stuff planned for her. I have already bought her a basket from memoriesbybetsy.com which has the graduation ears engraved with her name, a 2009 mickey graduation plush, and a 2009 graduation pin. This will be delivered to our room the day we get there. I have alreadty orderd the mini cake princess surprise for her at one of the restaurants and the pop up surprise centerpiece for another meal. I am planning on getting the room decorated through the disneyflorist and I am also ordering her a custom cake. Plus of course she will have the rgaradution pin to wear everywhere! So I guess I will get down to the itinerary now. On and one other thing, can someone please let me know how to post pics on here. Every time I try, it doesn’t work so that would be a lot of help if someone could let me know.
flower3.gif

On june 23rd we leave from the Philadelphia airport. Now our flight leaves at 7:05 in the morning so of course we have to be there by 5am. The DH and the DN are not too thrilled with that and neither is the DF who has to take us to the airport. But hey I figured if I am paing for that day I might as well get my money’s worth and spend the whole day there. So I figured we should be arriving to the hotel by around 10:30 or 11am, so here we go:
welcome.gif

2:15pm-initially I had reservation for Cap’n Jacks but after reading someone else’s reposrt trip and seeing pics of the food from the Cookes of Dublin, I am canceling and going there instead, so Cookes of Dublin for lunch (DDP)

7:45pm- Tutto Italia (DDP)

june 24th:
8:30am- Boma (DDP)
pool time!
2pm- Whispering Canyon (DDP)
7:30pm- Chef Mickey’s (DDP)

June 25th:
Animal Kingdom Day!
8:10am- Donald’s Safari Character Breakfast (DDP)
lunch-Rainforest (OOP)
7:05pm- 1900 Park Fare(DDP)-added on the mini cake surprise!

June 26th:
Epcot Day!
8:15am- Princess Storybook Breakfast (DDP)-added on the pop up centerpiece
lunch- eating at the different stands using snacks on DDP
8:40pm- Le Cellier (DDP)-so excited about this one because I have heard so many good things about it but have never been there!

June 27th:
7:20am- Chef Mickey(DDP)
9AM- Typhoon Lagoon
lunch- Leaning Palms at Typhoon Lagoon(DDP)
9pm- Narcoosee’s (DDP)- this is mine and my husbands favorite restaurant!

June 28th:
Magic Kingdom Day!
8:05am- Cinderella’s Royal Table (DDP)
12:50pm- Liberty Tree Tavern (DDP)-really disappointed that they got rid of the pound cake with the walnuts in the sweet caramel and the ice cream, that was the most heavenly dessert ive ever eaten!
6pm- Crystal Palace (DDP)-adding on a custom cake!

June 29th:
Hollywood Studios Day!
8am- Starring Rolls Café (DDP)
1:15pm- 50s Prime Time Café (DDP)
5pm- Brown Derby-Fantasmic Package (DDP)

June 30th:
7:30am- Grand Floridian Café (DDP)
9am- Blizzard Beach
lunch- The Warming Hut (DDP)
8pm- Spirit of Aloha (DDP)

July 1st:
7:30am- Pop Century (DDP)
9am- Universal Studios
lunch- Bubba Gump’s at Universal (OOP)
8:15pm- 50s Prime Time Café (DDP)

July 2nd:
7:35am-Ohana (DDP)
9am- one of the water parks
lunch- Earl of Sandwich (DDP)-another favorite
6:30pm- Miceky’s Backyard BBQ (DDP)

July 3rd:
8am- Cape May Café (DDP)
pool time!
2pm: Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian-just me and Chynna (OOP)
7:15pm- Hoop De Doo (DDP)

July 4th:
8am- 1900 Park Fare (DDP)
heading over to MK because im too afraid they will shut down due to crowds for the 4th
lunch- Cosmic Rays (DDP)
5:30pm- Cinderellas Royal Table (DDP)

July 5th:
8:05am- Crystal Palace (DDP)
lunch- Fulton’s at Downtown Disney (OOP)
mini golfing!
Dinner- TREX (OOP)

July 6th-
DEPARTURE DAY!
sad06.gif

Am-breakfast at Pop Century using snacks!

So that’s it! Hope you all enjoyed and will enjoy the info when I get back. Also don’t forget if someone could tell me how to post pics that would be great! For anyone who is leaving soon or before me, hope you all enjoy your trips, im jealous, but enjoy! Talk to everyone soon!
cheer2.gif

snookie5605

Original Poster
I can't wait to read your TR! I went to WDW for my college graduation and it was a great trip. It was definitely the first trip where I felt like an adult because my parents weren't there. Your niece is going to have a ball! I've also used memoriesbybetsy.com. She's awesome!
yay! thanks for reading! yeah she is going to have a ball, to finally not have her two little brothers and her parents along! just me and her goofy uncle mike!!!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Update 06/01/2009!!!!

so here is just a little update. we are now 21 days out!!! 3 weeks to go! i cant believe it came so fast!!!
yesterday was little chynna's grad party! here is a pic of her from yesterday!
chynnagradparty.jpg

it was fun! she kept on saying how excited she is for her trip!!! i got her a little card with disney stickers all over the front of it!
and also for any fellow TWILIGHTERS out there, the clip of new moon that was on mtv last night was AMAZING!!! me and chynna are freaking out over it!!!! im sure youll probably see our pics of our twilight tees we have while we are away!!!
other than that, im STILL waiting for my mickey mail!! my travel agent said it should be here soon, and since my trip was split into two reservation numbers (she did that so we could get the 4/3 for both weeks), i will be getting mickey mail twice!!!:banana:
so ill sign off for now! ill update soon and thanks to all the readers!!!

Fashionista007

and also for any fellow TWILIGHTERS out there, the clip of new moon that was on mtv last night was AMAZING!!! me and chynna are freaking out over it!!!! im sure youll probably see our pics of our twilight tees we have while we are away!!!

FYI When I was in WDW in March, they had Twilight tees and merchandise around DTD and DHS. I hope you have a great time!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Update 06/02/2009!!

just got an email from my travel agent letting me know that her document department just sent me all of my mickey mail so i should be getting it tomorrow!!!! SOOO EXCITED! and she also sent me my link to check in online and all the info which i have to do next saturday for the first reservation!! just wanted to share my excitement with everyone!:sohappy:

luvlifeinfl

To Snookie5605

WOw, I so enjoy your excitement. I think it is a good thing you found this message board to be able to talk to those that really understand your love 4 Disney.

I see you are from PA. I grow up in a little town in called California, PA. Do not really miss the area, only go back to see my parents.

Well lookin at the Calendar, you are leaving this month!!

snookie5605

Original Poster
WOw, I so enjoy your excitement. I think it is a good thing you found this message board to be able to talk to those that really understand your love 4 Disney.

I see you are from PA. I grow up in a little town in called California, PA. Do not really miss the area, only go back to see my parents.

Well lookin at the Calendar, you are leaving this month!!

thank you! i do get soo excited for disney! and it is good that i have all the many boards i am a part of because my husband gets sick of hearing about it!!

never heard of California, PA but yeah i love it here because of my family, but i would love to live in Florida. and yes according to the calendar, 3 weeks from today i will have landed at 9:30am in MCO!!!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Update 06/03/2009

so how excited am i? with all this luck maybe ill get some kind of upgrade when i check in too!!! so i am now 19 days out. i got my Mickey Mail yesterday, a day earlier than it was supposed to get here. and since i have two separate reservations, i get double the amount of coupons through AAA. so i have 2 30 minute passes to the arcade, which my husband said he will be using when me and Chynna are at the tea. i also have two AAA diamond cards to get percentage off at stores and restaurants in DD. i have two mini golf vouchers plus an addtl 15% off another one. 6 passes to the storytime which i wont use, but still!!! we'll be able to get 6 refillable mugs, 3 per package!!!

and then i go on allears.net this morning and look at what i read!!!
"As of June 1, Southwest Airlines is testing the Resort Airline Check-in program at Pop Century Resort. Guests flying on this airline are now able to check their luggage and receive airline boarding passes right at Pop Century on the day of departure. The hope is that the airline will eventually expand this service to include other Disney resorts."

thats us!! we were kinda bummed that we couldnt participate in that and now they are starting it only at our resort! so im excited as you can see!!
i also decided yesterday that i am going to make up goodie bags for Mike and Chynna for the day we leave. Mike's im just going to put in some puzzle books, sunflower seeds, stuff like that. Chynna's ill get some cute Disney stuff! so hopefully that will make them happy. so again ill sign off for now! hope you all enjoyed my excitement!! haha!! :sohappy:

snookie5605

Original Poster
Update 06/15/2009!!!!

SINGLE DIGITS!!!!:sohappy: i cant believe it! finally! so we are now 8 days out! and i love how excited Chynna is for this! i think i converted her. she was over last night and all she wanted to do was talk about the trip. she kept on saying "why cant we be leaving now?!" :sohappy: im sure thats all we will be doing all week is talking about it, since she will be over every night for dinner because me and her started the special k challenge diet for this week to try and get some extra fat off! so shes eating dinner with us for the diet!

my 10 days was saturday so i did my online check in for the first reservation. simple as anything and it took like no time! other than that i guess i have no updates. we went out to get our toiletries and stuff, well chynna wants me to take her out that monday before we go cuz we will be out tanning and getting our nails done. oh and i couldnt believe she said to me, "aunt courtney, i think we should get a mickey painted on our toes!" i was like omg i love you chynna!!

so i guess thats it. ill update sometime later this week!

disneygirl1

SINGLE DIGITS!!!!:sohappy: i cant believe it! finally! so we are now 8 days out! and i love how excited Chynna is for this! i think i converted her. she was over last night and all she wanted to do was talk about the trip. she kept on saying "why cant we be leaving now?!" :sohappy: im sure thats all we will be doing all week is talking about it, since she will be over every night for dinner because me and her started the special k challenge diet for this week to try and get some extra fat off! so shes eating dinner with us for the diet!

my 10 days was saturday so i did my online check in for the first reservation. simple as anything and it took like no time! other than that i guess i have no updates. we went out to get our toiletries and stuff, well chynna wants me to take her out that monday before we go cuz we will be out tanning and getting our nails done. oh and i couldnt believe she said to me, "aunt courtney, i think we should get a mickey painted on our toes!" i was like omg i love you chynna!!

so i guess thats it. ill update sometime later this week!

I bet you are both so very excited!!!! Time sure flew by since I first read your report!!! Have a wonderful time and be sure to post tons of pictures when you get back!!!

P.S. I think it is an awesome idea to get mickey painted on your toes!!! I am doing the same thing for our Sept. trip!!!

snookie5605

Original Poster
I bet you are both so very excited!!!! Time sure flew by since I first read your report!!! Have a wonderful time and be sure to post tons of pictures when you get back!!!

P.S. I think it is an awesome idea to get mickey painted on your toes!!! I am doing the same thing for our Sept. trip!!!

time really did fly by! i cant believe i am now at 6 days! i just hope the trip doesnt fly by. thank you and we will have a great time!:sohappy:

snookie5605

Original Poster
im not too sure if i will be able to get back on here before i go so this may be my last post! i am now at 4 days, we leave on tuesday. tomorrow i check in online for my 2nd week, have to go get my hair done, sunday is fathers day plus cleaning and packing day and DH has to get his hair cut at his mom's, so that will be a busy day. and then monday, me and chynna will be off tanning, getting our nails done, shopping for last minute stuff for her and i guess packing!

so if i can get on before i go, i will. if not, i will talk to you all when i get back!!!!:sohappy:

snookie5605

Original Poster
I'm back

hey everyone! we got back yesterday :( im happy to be home but im also so sad to have left there. i have not had a chance to get any of my pictures online yet but i promise im going to try to do that soon. im in the middle of planning my aunt's bridal shower too which is on august 2nd so im a bit jammed! just wanted to say that im back! talk to everyone soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom