Pre-buying Tickets

anchorman314

I think I have a handle on how pre-buying park tickets works, but I wanted to throw my plan out there to see if it's actually correct. In the past, I've purchased the tickets separately from the hotel stay, but linked them right away.

So say I wanted to buy a 5-day park hopper from one of the reputable authorized sellers before any theoretical price increase goes into effect, but I'm not sure when I'm actually going to WDW (either this fall or next spring). If I buy the ticket now, I was planning on stashing the card in a safe place until I actually book a hotel stay. That won't pose a problem when I eventually go to book a hotel and add the ticket to MDE, correct? Also, if I end up needing a 6-day ticket, all I need to do is go into a park to "start" the 5 days, and then I'll just be able to pay the current direct-from-Disney difference between a 5- and 6-day?

Thanks!

iluvMainStMagic

Yes, and it's a good way to save some money. But.... if you plan to stay on Disney property, the only downside I can think of (not meaning to be a "downer", just thinking through for an informed decision) - if you already have tickets, and a package promotion discount becomes available, those promotions typically require/include the purchase of a # of ticket days - in which case you either can't use that promo and need to look for a room-only offer -or- you would have to purchase the required minimum amount of ticket days included in the promo, and then save them towards another visit. [of course there are worse things than having to go back for another visit ;) ]

A random thought/question :rolleyes: .....if you pre-purchase tickets, and then link them to a Disney-hotel reservation (for example, so you can go ahead and make FP+'s when it's time).....if a Disney package promotion comes along that includes tickets and you modify your reservation to take advantage of it, does Disney's system automatically link the package tickets to your reservation, too?? If so, can you un-link the ones you want to save? [I imagine a phone call can straighten it out, just curious...]

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom