Potter News - Three Broomsticks

krankenstein

It looks great! I'm really hoping Universal will pull this off to the level they have everything else in IOA. Thanks for the heads up!

MagicJunkie

Do you think they are focusing on one novel more than the others? I hope they are able to include elements from all of them. Was there a bookstore in Hogsmeade? That would be the icing on the cake for me, to have all Harry related books in one shop.

krankenstein

Do you think they are focusing on one novel more than the others? I hope they are able to include elements from all of them. Was there a bookstore in Hogsmeade? That would be the icing on the cake for me, to have all Harry related books in one shop.

This is really going to make me sound like a big nerd...but I don't care.

I do not think they had a bookstore in Hogsmeade. The reason I say that is b/c if you remember in the 6th book Harry didn't know he would be able to take potions. According to what Snape told him, he didn't make a grade high enough on his O.W.L. to continue the course. When he turned up, he could take it b/c Slughorne was the new Potions Master. The point being, Harry didn't buy the book he needed for the course. He had to use the school's book (The Half Blood Prince's book) until his new copy arrived from Flourish and Blotts which is in Diagon Ally (Of course he swapped the covers an kept The Prince's book). I would assume that if they had a bookstore in Hogsmeade Harry could have gotten the book he needed from there, instead of ordering from Flourish and Blotts.

That said, I'm sure you will be able to buy the books in the park...it would only make sense.

MagicJunkie

Thank you for being a ner....Ahem, avid Harry Potter fan. I hadn't thought of that. I hope everything is kept as close to the books as possible. Perhaps a book store can be disguised as the library in the castle?

k.hunter30

Oh! How exciting! Seriously, all of this will probably be enough for me to plan a visit to Universal--something I haven't had the urge to do since I was a child.

EpcotServo

Hurmm...I have the feeling everything in PotterLand won't be as dramatic as the concept art. Now if that Sirus Black WANTED poster over there moves, I will be impressed.
:D

krankenstein

Thank you for being a ner....Ahem, avid Harry Potter fan. I hadn't thought of that. I hope everything is kept as close to the books as possible. Perhaps a book store can be disguised as the library in the castle?

I just finished reading books 6 and 7 this summer, so it is still fresh in my mind. I'm not going to lie, they are great books, and I do enjoy them. But, I'm not a Harry Potter freak at all...Disney, yes...Harry, no.

Jenna

I cannot wait for this, I'm so gutted it won't be open until next Summer as I'm going to Florida then and don't know when I'll next be back! I'm a potter freak, I'm in the middle of re-reading the 7th book

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
This [combined with DS13's advancing age :lol:] will likely have me finally expanding our horizons to include USF/IOA in our plans for 2010.

Depending on the logistics, we'll probably drive down and stay at WDW for two weeks, staggering our time between WDW and USF/IOA and maybe throw in Seaworld and KSC as well. :shrug:

By 2010, hopefully the initial rush will have settled down somewhat.

bassman02

the moving sirius picture would be awesome.

with regard to the book store,ive heard and was under the impression that at least part of diagon ally was going in,mainly because of the mention of a gringots bank being featured,that would surely mean stores such as eelops owl emporium,olivanders and the book store (sorry forgot the name) and maybe all of the others.
id love to buy the book of beasts.lol

i cant wait for potter land to open.

susieqt83

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but does anyone know when in 2010 this park is rumored to open? I know that nothing is cast in stone, but we're starting to plan our 2010 vacation, and we're hoping to be there when the park is open. Just wondering if anyone has any insight!

Michael72688

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but does anyone know when in 2010 this park is rumored to open? I know that nothing is cast in stone, but we're starting to plan our 2010 vacation, and we're hoping to be there when the park is open. Just wondering if anyone has any insight!

Harry Potter is scheduled to open in early 2010 so my guess would be sometime in Jan or Feb. And just so you know its not a "park" its just going to be a new island at Islands of Adventure.

a2grafix

Vacationed in Central Florida Aug. 18-23 with Tropical Storm Fay and still had an awesome time.

Not sure for most of you if you have seen these plastered all over the Harry Potter section of IOA. Enjoy --

48potter.JPG

49potter.JPG

53potter.JPG

Have to tell you, the new "island" is in a perfect location next to the Dueling Dragons. Perfect location, right in-between dragons and Jurassic Park.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
I thought the original release said the planned opening was late 2009, now its all saying 2010. A bit of slippage there, wonder if they are having some problems, or if the take overs delayed the project.

Will be a bit disappointed to go Dec 09 and not get to see anything, even if Im not a fan of the bespectacled juvenile wizard.

darthjohnny

Those are cool signs though. Kind of like what Disney would put up.

I thought the original release said the planned opening was late 2009, now its all saying 2010. A bit of slippage there, wonder if they are having some problems, or if the take overs delayed the project.

Will be a bit disappointed to go Dec 09 and not get to see anything, even if Im not a fan of the bespectacled juvenile wizard.

I believe it was being said that the land might have a few things open, but nothing major would be open until 2010.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom