POTC smell is missing.

Jordan Crocker

Original Poster
On my most recent trip I noticed that potc smells different after the drop. It's almost like a flowery smell. Has anyone else noticed this?

DfromATX

LOL - flowery and POTC don't go together. Wasn't it closed for refurbishment recently? Maybe they did something to it. I'll be there in July and will check it out if I remember. Can't wait!

TBrooker11

I only smell the water when I go on POTC, didn't notice any different of a smell when I was on it Monday night. Will see tomorrow when I go if I notice anything different.

George Lucas on a Bench

I know what you're talking about. It hits you in the pirate ship fortress bombardment scene. Sometimes it's missing from Disneyland too. I always assumed it was the fog. Sometimes, it's super foggy and wreaks in there, other times, very little fog and no smell.

MaryJaneP

The headless wench in the auction scene is really atop a huge perfume bottle and her head is the stopper. Without her head, flowery perfume wafts through the interior of POTC.

Kate F

The smell most people associate with Pirates is the one I associate with Splash Mountain. The row of paintings towards the end of the Splash Mountain queue is where I think the smell is by far the strongest. I have noticed the smell in Pirates a few times, but I still always link the smell to Splash Mountain.

Goofyernmost

The smell most people associate with Pirates is the one I associate with Splash Mountain. The row of paintings towards the end of the Splash Mountain queue is where I think the smell is by far the strongest. I have noticed the smell in Pirates a few times, but I still always link the smell to Splash Mountain.
It is probably called, by its scientific name.... Mold and mildew!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom