POTC monorail wrap?

Goofyernmost

They are not going to risk damaging the new paint with a wrap. So, yes, it means they won't wrap them.
I have to agree with that. If they are going to wrap something they will do a train that hasn't been in the paint shop, but, probably could use a coat of paint or two.

Monorail_Red

I hope the days of wrapping the trains is behind us. More goes into wrapping than just applying the film. With Coral and TRON for example (I believe the same was true for the Avengers and Iron Man wrap), in addition to the wrap the nose cones and roofs were actually painted. From what I understand when that promotion was over Coral was supposed to get a whole repaint (the paint job at the time was terrible - sloppy deltas, multiple shades of paint, etc) but they just reverted back to what it was by only repainting roofs and nose cones. They also painted the tow hooks, and honestly I wouldn't be surprised of the TRON paint was a contributing factor to the mishap with Coral and the tow coupler back in November 2015. I'm not opposed to them doing something with like window decals for holidays/smaller promotions but the idea of wrapping the entire train was a bad one from the beginning in my opinion.

Vinny

Your right. Number one concern by far is the system's integrity, quality construction, and safe design. I just love that they got Bombardier worried that they have a new competitor. I really wonder, and hope, that BYD is legit and they have built a superior system to Bombardier and charge a much more fair and marketable price. Does anyone have an update as to what is going on with BYD right now? Did they rip off Bombardiers patents? Could their train and beam construction manufacturing be better and safer than Bombardiers?

In any case Bombardier (the current provider of the Walt Disney World monorail fleet) should be very ashamed of themselves.
Some of our company leaders, and many, many U.S. politicians should be too.
It truly appears that Bombardier has done everything they can to bury the monorail technology itself, and have vigorously inflated the costs to keep the monorail technology out of the hands of municipalities of the United States.

Here is an awesome video featuring the extremely smart people of Chongqing China. They know how to live life properly and created an awesome, very enjoyable, and extremely successful mass transportation system utilizing monorails. The video even covers how the people of Chongqing raise their kids from a young age to be very artistic and very intelligent to become the very great urban planners that they are.

They are a really great inspiration for us

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Your right. Number one concern by far is the system's integrity, quality construction, and safe design. I just love that they got Bombardier worried that they have a new competitor. I really wonder, and hope, that BYD is legit and they have built a superior system to Bombardier and charge a much more fair and marketable price. Does anyone have an update as to what is going on with BYD right now? Did they rip off Bombardiers patents? Could their train and beam construction manufacturing be better and safer than Bombardiers?

In any case Bombardier (the current provider of the Walt Disney World monorail fleet) should be very ashamed of themselves.
It truly appears that Bombardier has done everything they can to bury the monorail technology itself, and have vigorously inflated the costs to keep the monorail technology out of the hands of municipalities of the United States.

Here is an awesome video featuring the extremely smart people of Chongqing China. They know how to live life properly and created an awesome, very enjoyable, and extremely successful mass transportation system utilizing monorails. The video even covers how the people of Chongqing raise their kids from a young age to be very artistic and very intelligent to become the very great urban planners that they are.

Hey, Russian Television! It's been in the news lately. But, can't say any more outside politics forum...

Vinny

I can't find that, does that exist? You actually can say more, but that's the great thing, this is America. The free exchange of speech and ideas for the betterment of all, ring a bell?

Vinny

Are you saying its on Russian television or are you calling me Russian television? Should I be calling you an evil lord of the land?

Last edited:

s8film40

I think you might want to check out the Bombardier system in Brazil. I'm not sure why you seem to hate Bomabardier so much they've done quite a bit to advance monorail technology.

Vinny

I think you might want to check out the Bombardier system in Brazil. I'm not sure why you seem to hate Bomabardier so much they've done quite a bit to advance monorail technology.
I hate that they charge so much that no municipality can afford to buy one of their systems, and Walt Disney World is prevented from expanding their system because of the astronomical cost, and Bombardier does nothing to lower the cost.

Do you know that Brazil cancelled that deal before the second phase started and needed Scomi Engineering to come in and provide them with a system for those lines at a much much lower cost. How come Scomi Engineering can provide a system at a price as low as $30 million per mile and Bombardier has charged over $200 million per mile? Bombadier must make huge profits from heavy rail roads and not light weight monorails and they probably don't want to disturb that among other alterior political motives​

I love the current fleet that's at Walt Disney World. But my whole life I, and everybody else have been wondering, when will the monorail expand to the other parks and resorts, when will we get a new fleet. And you already know the answer from management: "There's no way we can afford those prices"
There is something wrong with Bombardier and their motives and it's a shame that Disney must be trapped in some contract with them.

And they charged Las Vegas over $200 million per mile, and do you see how cheap and ugly those safety walk ways look. They call that architecture? I could go to Home Depot and provide a much better looking and probably more stable safety walk way.

Last edited:

s8film40

I hate that they charge so much that no municipality can afford to buy one of their systems, and Walt Disney World is prevented from expanding their system because of the astronomical cost, and Bombardier does nothing to lower the cost. Do you know that Brazil cancelled that deal before the second phase started and needed Scomi Engineering to come in and provide them with a system for those lines at a much much lower cost. How come Scomi Engineering can provide a system at a price as low as $30 million per mile and Bombardier has charged over $200 million per mile? Bombadier must make huge profits from heavy rail roads and not light weight monorails and they probably don't want to disturb that among other alterior political motives

I love the current fleet that's at Walt Disney World. But my whole life I, and everybody else have been wondering, when will the monorail expand to the other parks and resorts, when will we get a new fleet. And you already know the answer from management: "There's no way we can afford those prices"
There is something wrong with Bombardier and their motives and it's a shame that Disney must be trapped in some contract with them.

And they charged Las Vegas over $200 million per mile, and do see how cheap those safety walk ways look. They call that architecture? I could go to Home Depot and provide a better looking and probably more stable safety walk way.
They were only ever supposed to do one phase in Brazil. The Bombardier systems are very nice, they do a pretty great job with them. The Las Vegas system puts the WDW system to shame.

If anyone is doing harm to the concept of monorails in the US it's Disney. They sold off their patents to Bombardier and abandoned continuing to innovate the technology. Disney then asked them to modify things with the Mark VI's and when the modifications they asked for didn't work they sued Bombardier. Meanwhile they've run their system into the ground with poor maintenance and poor operations decisions to the point where it's now a prime example of why monorails are a bad idea to millions of visitors. Now when deciding to expand transportation options in other areas they choose cheap gondolas to further drive home the point that they don't believe in their own system.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I can't find that, does that exist? You actually can say more, but that's the great thing, this is America. The free exchange of speech and ideas for the betterment of all, ring a bell?

Do you see the "RT" in the bottom right hand corner of the video? That's Russian Television. Not a television station that's from Russia, but pretty much a main propaganda outlet of the current administration of Russia. Several famous politicians are currently feeling a lot of heat for appearing on that channel. But again, that's more for the politics forum.

Vinny

Do you see the "RT" in the bottom right hand corner of the video? That's Russian Television. Not a television station that's from Russia, but pretty much a main propaganda outlet of the current administration of Russia. Several famous politicians are currently feeling a lot of heat for appearing on that channel. But again, that's more for the politics forum.
That documentary was awesome and really interesting, how can you not appreciate that information and view into such a beautiful and advanced urban center?
And why are you labeling things as politics and saying that is a bad thing and not allowed to be discussed? That's scary and seems very fascist. Wow, I wouldn't want to go to a dinner party at your house. lol

Bairstow

RT is a propaganda outlet controlled by the Russian Federal Security Service.
Anything and everything that "news organization" says should be considered a lie until independently verified.

Vinny

Did you guys even watch the documentary? It just shows a beautiful pleasant day in the life of the people of Chongqing. How can you find anything in that documentary sinister or misleading? You know there are a lot of good people who live in Russia. It's just the screwed up old evil monarchies of Europe who try to confuse us here in the United States, as to who to trust and who not to trust in Europe. Remember World War I and World War II?

Last edited:

Vinny

Here is what Bombardier is ripping off the few (who will pay such fraudulent sums) governments with, as the "top of the line monorail system" : the Innovia 300 monorail
14238328551_e5a3aeb337_o.jpg

(I think this system comes with the thieves and drug addicts already in it)
The Innovia 300 trains look cool, but the infrastructure of the system: columns; safety walkway; even a lot of the elements of the stations; all look ugly and cheap. It's architecture says: this is not a place inherent with class and values, but it is a harbor for disorder and crime. To spend that much money only to look like a new archaic elevated subway system is
so sad.

AND

The 1989 Walt Disney World Mark VI trains design even
STILL rival the exterior look of the brand new ultra-expensive Innovia 300 trains
Monorail_Full_6632.jpg

Monorail_Full_6629.jpg

As an architect, I believe that the 1989 Mark VI design by Bob Gurr were incredibly so much more ultra modern for their time, trans-formative, and declared the future of mass transportation has arrived. This design said we are all going to move society forward so get ready.

final-livery.jpg

With all of the exponential breakthroughs in manufacturing materials since 1989, to me this design is very lazy, and does not make any statement, except for laziness. This design says we don't really know where we are going but this train looks like it has expensive doors and a glossy finish.

If Bombardier actually tried submitting proposals to the many municipalities that are putting out bids for the many many new mass transportation systems for the new urbanism "smart growth developments" throughout the country, they could incredibly reduce the cost per new system project by simple economies of scale. But they are definitely not interested in doing that.
Why?
The bus companies; AND the pedestrian dangerous, traffic congestion forming, automobile collision accident prone, street-grade light rail systems; are eating up all that new construction opportunity.
And because of unintelligent budgets, that do attempt to make the monorail technology a choice because of a lack of suppliers, the buses almost always win. The smart growth development (new urbanism) bus systems, are not smart, and do not retain long term ridership. They simply give new residents temporary transportation, while they are deciding what car they are going to buy. And buses definitely don't attract people from the suburbs out of their personal vehicles and into mass transportation.
Do you know how much productivity our country loses to people sitting in traffic? AOL Finance finds the average person in the U.S. loses $1,200/year in wasted fuel and time each year sitting in traffic congestion. Not to mention the lost potential of progress or advancements in science or society due to the wasted hours that people are not working or accomplishing anything in their own lives.

So, who is Bombardier loyal to?

Not the progress and betterment of society

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom