PotC Down for Days

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
In the last week, the Na'vi River Journey (and Flights of Passage) were down for three days. What I haven't seen mentioned is that PotC has also been down for about three days this week. I asked the CM and they were mum on details. No idea what's wrong, no idea when it's coming back... I think the pirates were revolting due to the new redhead scene. 🤨

I've noticed a lot of odd stuff this week, too. The waves in front of Living Seas (err, Nemo and Friends) were dry. The Tikis in front of Jungle Cruise are (still) missing for refurb. Several rides (like Pooh, Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise) dropped for various spans (several of which resulted in my FP becoming "super FP"). The mist was down on Jungle Cruise. Forget about Journey into Imagination... A video screen was off, the smell lab didn't work and several other things were wonky. And yes, the Yeti was still in B Mode. 😉

Last edited:

DisneyJoe

In the last week, the Na'vi River Journey (and Flights of Passage) were down for three days. What I haven't seen mentioned is that PotC has also been down for about three days this week. I asked the CM and they were mum on details. No idea what's wrong, no idea when it's coming back... I think the pirates were revolting due to the new redhead scene. 🤨

I've noticed a lot of odd stuff this week, too. The waves in front of Living Seas (err, Nemo and Friends) were dry. The Tikis in front of Jungle Cruise are (still) missing for refurb. Several rides (like Pooh, Peter Pan and Jungle Cruise) dropped for various spans (several of which resulted in my FP becoming "super FP"). Forget about Journey into Imagination... A video screen was off, the smell lab didn't work and several other things were wonky. And yes, the Yeti was still in B Mode. 😉
FoP was not down as long as Navi - FoP was only down for 1.5 days? I am sure someone can correct me - Navi was down for 3 days.

BoarderPhreak

Original Poster
Just another day of magic
Yes, lots of magic of late. 😛
Pirates of the Caribbean is currently open with a 15 min wait according to the My Disney Experience App.
Ahh, good. I haven't looked yet for today (headed to Epcot). I'd be bummed if I missed PotC altogether this trip.
FoP was not down as long as Navi - FoP was only down for 1.5 days? I am sure someone can correct me - Navi was down for 3 days.
Correct; FoP was down for about half that time.

Winter

I feel like they've been having problems recently with stuff, since this year I've heard of these problems happening muitiple times (Wasn't splash, space, and mine train all closed for a whole day a few months ago or something?). I was barely able to get on Splash Mountain last March since the ride wasn't working the majority of the time even though it had just been refurbished twice. And when I DID go on it, it was going on like half speed and kept stopping every like 10 seconds or something. It was strange.

UKDisney Dave

I’ve noticed a few show elements not working to on my trip, few of which have really detracted from the experience, but are noticeable if you don’t have three kids having a meltdown to deal with.

That said, for all the talk of mega crowds at Disney 356 days a year, I’ve not had to queue more than 5 minutes for anything I wanted to ride, except TSMM which was posted as an 85 mins, but I was on in less than 40, and pirates which had been down earlier in the day, which was posted as 30mins and I was on in 15. Walk on yesterday evening to safari, Everest, dino!

Just returned from a trip that ended on May 1st. Was affected by the Pandora issues which was very frustrating. However, what was more frustrating was the frequency of other rides going down. People mover went down at least 3 times when we were in line for it. We got to ride Splash Mountain, however the entire ride was "off" for lack of a better word. No song, all animatronics were not operating, just an entire ride of nothing. We mentioned to the CM assuming they would never send people on the ride knowing it was down, but they said they knew. Dinosaur was down frequently during our trip. Journey into Imagination was not down, but certain elements didn't seem to be working. I believe Test Track was also down for a significant period of time on our Epcot day. However, we didn't experience any issues with Pirates and I was pleasantly surprised by the new scene. We had already seen in Paris, but couldn't understand the dialogue.

I really enjoyed the trip, but agree with a comment a family member made that "we pay a lot of money for so many things to not be working." The trip was designed to get to see Pandora and that basically just turned into a headache. It felt over and over that the magic is gone a bit and we will likely vacation elsewhere for the next few years.

FigmentForver96

Just returned from a trip that ended on May 1st. Was affected by the Pandora issues which was very frustrating. However, what was more frustrating was the frequency of other rides going down. People mover went down at least 3 times when we were in line for it. We got to ride Splash Mountain, however the entire ride was "off" for lack of a better word. No song, all animatronics were not operating, just an entire ride of nothing. We mentioned to the CM assuming they would never send people on the ride knowing it was down, but they said they knew. Dinosaur was down frequently during our trip. Journey into Imagination was not down, but certain elements didn't seem to be working. I believe Test Track was also down for a significant period of time on our Epcot day. However, we didn't experience any issues with Pirates and I was pleasantly surprised by the new scene. We had already seen in Paris, but couldn't understand the dialogue.

I really enjoyed the trip, but agree with a comment a family member made that "we pay a lot of money for so many things to not be working." The trip was designed to get to see Pandora and that basically just turned into a headache. It felt over and over that the magic is gone a bit and we will likely vacation elsewhere for the next few years.
Its odd because I was there the duration you were and never once encountered a broke ride of broke down while riding...ever. I'm not saying your a liar just amazing the different experiences one can have.

Myth Maker

We had lots of issue during our recent trip last thanksgiving as well.. FoP was running one side. Splash was down all day only to open up during the Christmas Party. Space Mountain was down an entire evening as well. People mover was down. Issues with Rock & Roller Coaster caused us to miss our ride and a bunch of others on and off throughout the week. With that and the theme park hours being cut back for parties it really felt "off" as well.

righttrack

Sounds like some sort of computer-related troubles. Complicated, I guess. Interrelated to each other? Don't think so. Weird.

Its odd because I was there the duration you were and never once encountered a broke ride of broke down while riding...ever. I'm not saying your a liar just amazing the different experiences one can have.

Agreed, if we had not been scheduled to be in AK during the days of the Pandora mess, I doubt we would have noticed. Also, due to the advanced scheduling that is now the norm, switching days to go back to AK was very difficult. Again, nothing was a "vacation killer", but we did start to feel a bit that the value wasn't there when you take into account the difficulties faced. We made the most of it and still had a very good time, but I would be hesitant to schedule a vacation in the future around specific new attractions at WDW, and if we aren't going to see those, we are likely not going to WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom