Possible solo Spring Break

daisyduckie

Original Poster
My niece told me today that her college golf team *may* be golfing in Orlando over Spring Break next year. Seems she is positive I will want to go watch her golf, and then hit the parks. Smart girl.

How miserable would I be at a value resort over Spring Break? I don't think it will be high season Spring Break, as her school goes the end of February/beginning of March. I've stayed at value resorts before, but never during a busy time. I would upgrade to a moderate, but I have a trip to WDW in less than a month, and am spending a lot on that, so I really should keep my trip in the Spring, if there is one, as reasonably priced as possible. But I don't want to be silly and save a few bucks but not be able to sleep, or to be fighting for space in the food court.

Thoughts?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I've gone solo during Spring Break times and stayed at the All Star and I wasn't bothered by crowds. I also go in the summer so I guess I'm used to crowds. I didn't eat much in the food court but I'm an early riser and would get breakfast at the food court and it was pretty empty when it first opened. I think if you eat at food courts in the midst of what are typical feeding times it will be busy. The All Stars do have a lot of seating though.

DisneyAubs

I think it sounds fun! As the previous poster mentioned, maybe avoid the food court during peak normal hours. And I would probably request a top floor room so you don't have little feet above making too much noise.

AndrewsJ

My niece told me today that her college golf team *may* be golfing in Orlando over Spring Break next year. Seems she is positive I will want to go watch her golf, and then hit the parks. Smart girl.

How miserable would I be at a value resort over Spring Break? I don't think it will be high season Spring Break, as her school goes the end of February/beginning of March. I've stayed at value resorts before, but never during a busy time. I would upgrade to a moderate, but I have a trip to WDW in less than a month, and am spending a lot on that, so I really should keep my trip in the Spring, if there is one, as reasonably priced as possible. But I don't want to be silly and save a few bucks but not be able to sleep, or to be fighting for space in the food court.

Thoughts?
You'll be fine. Go for it! The weather will be cooler and shouldn't be full on Spring break crowds at that time.

Simba's Mom

You should be fine. My recommendation, though, is to avoid the ASMusic. The year I stayed there, it was school vacation, also, and to get from the bus to my room, it meant I had to walk by a pool bar, where there were lots of drunken college students, using very "un-Disney-like" language. I just had visions of someone in a dorm room somewhere saying "Hey, let's go to Disney World and see how many students we can cram into a hotel room!"

dreamfinder

Go for it, and then try to one up any spring breakers you see. Nothing quite like an aunt out spring-breaking college kids to feel like a kid again. And hey, that is what WDW is all about, right?

Seriously though, no reason not to go. And despite it being somewhat popular spring break destination, I would suspect all the real chaos still goes on in Mexico and the like for much much less money.

EvilQueen-T

I don't think you'll have a problem either. In fact, our two noisiest trip experiences were actually at Wilderness lodge (had an extended family with three room by us and were the rudest noisiest people EVER...can even tell you when mommy and daddy had alone time in the room...ugh!) and at Boardwalk Inn while staying club level so which resort you stay at may not even make a difference it can be who you've drawn as your neighbors on any given trip. We've stayed at all star sports during full on peak spring break and other than the food courts getting busy at peak times it was fine.

daisyduckie

Original Poster
Now their plans have changed a bit. They are golfing by Tampa. Any ideas on an easy way to get from there to Orlando, one that isn't driving myself?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom