Possible Frontierland expansion

ToTBellHop

Personally, I'd rather have a new E-ticket than keeping an empty, old attraction like TSI or ROA that no one goes to. That area could use some excitement.;)
The River should stay because it is pretty and that area really benefits from not being a parking lot. It would not be unreasonable to repurpose the Island, though. It is about as useful as the oft-despised (around here) Speedway and probably less popular. Hopefully they would think up a way to include kinetics in Frontierland with the loss of the boat though.

Also, because of how all of the waterways in the MK connect, doesn't RoA have to remain in some form?

trevorfs

The River should stay because it is pretty and that area really benefits from not being a parking lot. It would not be unreasonable to repurpose the Island, though. It is about as useful as the oft-despised (around here) Speedway and probably less popular. Hopefully they would think up a way to include kinetics in Frontierland with the loss of the boat though.
Yeah thats a lot smarter than what i said lol

omurice

I had convinced (or deluded) myself major RoA changes had to be a "2025" or later thing. A 75% TL redo seemed more likely to be soon, there is so much they could do in TL, so much misused space that needs attention.

Frontierland does need some love, and to utilize some barely used spaces - but a third E-ticket? I don't know... Smaller pluses like they (used to) do at DLR would have been welcome! Why smaller things? To keep Frontierland feeling like it was on the edge of nature. More eating locations, places to sit and relax and listen to music, enjoy the view of the Rivers, spreading people out and away from that little "stress factory" Pecos Bill's.

Yup I know that's not TWDC's plan to give us a place to stop and relax for even 5 minutes. Their plan is get more people to visit, stay longer and therefore spend more. And a new E-ticket would do that.
It is amazing the last 3 super headliners in MK were 1975, and 1980 and 1992, so I guess a new one was more than overdue. I was only hoping a new headliner would arrive on the other side of the park, on the former site of the Speedway :)

Goofywilliam

Im just going to drop this here...
Expansion111.jpg

The Rivers of America and Toms Sawyers Island do not have to be sacrificed for the sake of an expansion!

ToTBellHop

Yes you should. If only to remind them that "y'all" is the Southern contraction for "all of you". That's how it's used here in FlorGeorgia... ;)
What's the difference between y'all and all of y'all down there? I was once lectured by students that y'all refers to one person and all of y'all refers to many people.

Not that it matters. Frontierland, yes.

Goofywilliam

Yeah, but you, I, and the fly on the wall all know that won't happen. So much work to preserve a very dated walk through?
Unfortunately, you may be right. It would be incredibly sad considering it provides a sort of escape from the hustle and bustle of the Magic Kingdom. Getting rid of the river boat would be a HUGE mistake though. It adds SO much to the atmosphere to this area. A river without a boat flowing down is, well, just another boring river. The area needs motion and kinetics.

Slowjack

What's the difference between y'all and all of y'all down there? I was once lectured by students that y'all refers to one person and all of y'all refers to many people.

Not that it matters. Frontierland, yes.
What? Y'all always refers to multiple people. It's second person plural. Sometimes it is said to one person, but still refers to multiple people, as in saying to a friend, "Y'all should come over for dinner," meaning, the friend and his/her family.

Goofywilliam

The problem with that is the train tracks go right through where you have the expansion.
The beauty about train tracks is that they can easily be moved ;). Honestly, you wouldn't even need to move them all that much. There would be a point though where the path would have to travel back under the track, like it does already in the splash/thunder mountain area.

tcool

So, @whylightbulb followed up and said that this new project is not the "Western River Exploration with a twist" he previously mentioned in 2012.

It makes me very curious as to what could possible be planned. Disney in recent times has shied away from original attractions for the US parks. A new fangled WRE idea seemed plausible to me just given the legacy of the project in WDI circles. There's no particular good IP for Disney to use in Frontierland -- don't see them going with Lone Ranger, Oz didn't do all that well and isn't much of a fit anyway. That leaves a variation of Woody's Roundup, which, well let's hope not IMHO. We really don't need another Toy Story themed ride in a new place at WDW.

Could they possible use an old IP like Davy Crockett? Or if it's something novel, what would they consider if not the WRE concept?

Curiouser and curiouser....
Well there is Pocahontas. You know that movie the stars an official Disney Princess. As well as the fact it wouldn't be the first time Pocahontas has been in Fronteirland as there is Pocahontas's Indian Village over at DLP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom