Possible Frontierland expansion

The Empress Lilly

Not to be passive aggressive and all (because I soooo hate that!), but I'd guess old lightbulb dropped his information in my thread because he felt that was the best place for it, where the serious discussion on these type of things take place.

So, I have some things to attend to today, but when I decide to chime in it will be where the information was dropped.

Thanks for reading.
...why is the other kid getting attention...why not me...am I not the cutest anymore... :D

314x9w3.jpg

MotherOfBirds

As far as BTM is concerned, there was a decent amount of talk about some kind of tv show/presence at some point to retcon a backstory, but I don't know what became of it. I can't imagine what else they would do to it beyond additions to the queue or a general sprucing. Or maybe I can, but it involves some hella-expensive tunnels under RoA a la DLP and that seems about as likely as Adventurer's Club 2: Electric Kungaloosh

bhg469

The positive sign - for TSI fans like myself - is that it would cost an ungodly amount to mitigate the land there.
Dave I really hope it stays but unfortunately the guests looking for a relaxing retreat are the enemy. Current guests want in your face constant action so they can complain about how exhausted they are back in the office when they get home. I would love to know what % of guests actually make the voyage to TSI and enjoy it for the truly unique space that it is.

FigmentJedi

As far as BTM is concerned, there was a decent amount of talk about some kind of tv show/presence at some point to retcon a backstory, but I don't know what became of it.
ABC rejected the pilot. There is a Big Thunder Mountain comic that Marvel's been putting out under the Disney Kingdom label the last couple months that expanded on the Barnabas T Bullion story added to BTMR's queue a few years ago with the introduction of his rebellious daughter.

CaptainAmerica

Dave I really hope it stays but unfortunately the guests looking for a relaxing retreat are the enemy. Current guests want in your face constant action so they can complain about how exhausted they are back in the office when they get home. I would love to know what % of guests actually make the voyage to TSI and enjoy it for the truly unique space that it is.
We hear it all the time in this very space. "Riiiiiides! Where are the riiiiiides!?"

JoeCamel

The rafts are packed so that is the choke point to how many TDO allows on the island. Not a function of how many would go if the ride over was a little easier.

ToTBellHop

I'm sure TSI itself would remain. Just get repurposed. For most guests, the benefit would outweigh the cost. Personally, the loss of the boats would sadden me more than the Island. While the island is quaint, it's also dated and, to me, a reasonable sacrifice (if apparently one is necessary) to finally get a new E-ticket in the park. I question the insistence that new attractions must replace old ones, but that seems to be the plan most of the time.

DinoInstitute

I'm trying to think, but there really isn't a way to keep the Riverboat when using the TSI plot, is there...:confused::(
(Granted, I do love TSI, but I'd probably rather use the plot for a new attraction/expansion)

ToTBellHop

I'm trying to think, but there really isn't a way to keep the Riverboat when using the TSI plot, is there...:confused::(
(Granted, I do love TSI, but I'd probably rather use the plot for a new attraction/expansion)
The only way to keep the riverboat moving would be to only use one half (probably the southern) of TSI for a ride. The riverboat could travel around the other (northern) half with its dock by Big Thunder. In theory. I don't know that the southern portion of TSI is big enough for a big ride, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom