Possible Free Dining Fall 2018 Dates Announced

abbymorgsmom

Hello, looking for information on resorts possibly excluded from the free dining offer. I see from the post above that the Wilderness Lodge is listed, does anyone know if the rumors hold true? We booked in July 2017 for September 2018 at the Wilderness Lodge in anticipation of the free dining offer, and would be really bummed if this rumor is true. Thank you for any insight.

Hello, looking for information on resorts possibly excluded from the free dining offer. I see from the post above that the Wilderness Lodge is listed, does anyone know if the rumors hold true? We booked in July 2017 for September 2018 at the Wilderness Lodge in anticipation of the free dining offer, and would be really bummed if this rumor is true. Thank you for any insight.
No one knows for sure which resorts will be excluded until free dining drops, but I also did hear from reliable sources that Wilderness Lodge is on the excluded list this year. If I were you, I would just wait to see which resorts are offered when the offer drops. . . even if it's not WL, if FD is important to you, I'm sure you can change your resort to something equally nice!

abbymorgsmom

No one knows for sure which resorts will be excluded until free dining drops, but I also did hear from reliable sources that Wilderness Lodge is on the excluded list this year. If I were you, I would just wait to see which resorts are offered when the offer drops. . . even if it's not WL, if FD is important to you, I'm sure you can change your resort to something equally nice!

Thank you so much for your feedback, I do appreciate it!

Does anyone know how Disney determines which resorts to exclude? It seems like Port Orleans is a favorite target. And, I'm also disappointed about Wilderness Lodge. Do these typically fill up without incentives?

nickys

Premium Member
Does anyone know how Disney determines which resorts to exclude? It seems like Port Orleans is a favorite target. And, I'm also disappointed about Wilderness Lodge. Do these typically fill up without incentives?

They don't need to offer free dining if the resort is booking up without extra incentives. You called it!

DisneyJoe

Precisely - the magic formula of occupancy. If the resort hits a certain level of occupancy, they don't need to offer extra incentives to get more people to book it - just as @nickys said.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
If a hotel/specific room type is at or close to full capacity they will not include it in the promotion . The usual ones that are not included are the Mermaid rooms at AofA, 3 bedroom villas, the villas at Bay Lake, GF Villas. POFQ is usually on that list too.
For now you just have to treat it as hear say until Disney Officially releases something.

Pam

Just saw this posted on another forum:

Free Dining Dates:
August 2 – September 29, 2018
November 24 – 27, 2018
December 7 – 23, 2018

Supposedly came from South American travel agent.

I hope the dates are wrong, I’m checking in September 30th 🙁

Quick Service Disney Dining Plan for Value and Moderate Resorts; regular Disney Dining Plan for Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts. Room exclusions include all of Art of Animation, both Port Orleans Resorts, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Village Resort, and Contemporary Resort.
If I already have trip booked that lands during Free Dining, will I be able to add it to my existing reservation? (Provided my reservation meets all requirements)

I was really hoping FD was going to drop today!!! I need to add it to part of my familys reservation who are currently booked at AOA suite, Im hoping that part of the rumor is not right bc I hate to have to move them it was the perfect resort for them...

ELG13

Just saw this posted on another forum:

Free Dining Dates:
August 2 – September 29, 2018
November 24 – 27, 2018
December 7 – 23, 2018

Supposedly came from South American travel agent.

I hope the dates are wrong, I’m checking in September 30th 🙁

Quick Service Disney Dining Plan for Value and Moderate Resorts; regular Disney Dining Plan for Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts. Room exclusions include all of Art of Animation, both Port Orleans Resorts, Wilderness Lodge, Polynesian Village Resort, and Contemporary Resort.
We moved our original dates last year so we could fall on a FDD day. It took a few weeks for available rooms to open but once all the craziness died down it was fine :)

ELG13

I was really hoping FD was going to drop today!!! I need to add it to part of my familys reservation who are currently booked at AOA suite, Im hoping that part of the rumor is not right bc I hate to have to move them it was the perfect resort for them...
All star music has a family suite and the wilderness cabins are amazing!!!

ToyStoryMiss

I have a question about this;
If I booked our trip today (for mid-september), would I be able to add the free dining on when it comes out tomorrow (or Wednesday)?
I’m very tempted to book POP tonight so that way I know that i’ll have a room, as I might not be as fortunate tomorrow.

JustInTime

If I booked our trip today (for mid-september), would I be able to add the free dining on when it comes out tomorrow (or Wednesday)?
I’m very tempted to book POP tonight so that way I know that i’ll have a room, as I might not be as fortunate tomorrow.
I believe they would have to cancel the existing and book a new one. I did this once and it didn’t work well. Somebody else probably is better equipped to answer here.

ELG13

If there is availability for that promo at the resort for the date of your check in.
I did that last year and had to wait a few weeks and call back just about every day but after 2 weeks the availability opened up. But just having a reservation for that day does not guarantee you get FDD.

ELG13

If you just want an upgrade for the dining plan you can pay for that. We did it last year bc the cabins only qualified for the quick service plan.

ToyStoryMiss

If there is availability for that promo at the resort for the date of your check in.
I did that last year and had to wait a few weeks and call back just about every day but after 2 weeks the availability opened up. But just having a reservation for that day does not guarantee you get FDD.
I believe they would have to cancel the existing and book a new one. I did this once and it didn’t work well. Somebody else probably is better equipped to answer here.
Thank you very much! I spoke on the phone with Disney about it and I have already secured a room (though the cast member said that it doesn’t really matter), so we’ll see how it works out tomorrow. I’m hoping for the best!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom