Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

P_Radden

If I had to guess I would think that it would break a new street through where the pastry shop currently is, towards a tighter, more intimate attraction entrance than what you see at WDSP.
I feel the same. I just do not see them bypassing the France pavilion to put a direct entrance/exit to this ride on the promenade. My best guess is similar to yours, it will connect somehow like this via a themed corridor or alley way:
asdasdfsdafsd.png

doctornick

Original Poster
That side of the park needs something new (it actually needs a lot of new attractions- Imagineers, anytime you want to start working on Japan & Germany, that would be wonderful). If you start on the Canadian side of the park, you have to go past 5 pavilions (2 have movies-Canada and France) before you get to the first non-film attraction at the America pavilion.

Yep. If they could put rides in at least two of France, Japan and Germany/Italy, it would go a huge way towards spreading out crowds around WS. Plus look at doing other attractions at any other pavilion that doesn't have any larger scale entertainment.

BEARSHOUSE4

I feel the same. I just do not see them bypassing the France pavilion to put a direct entrance/exit to this ride on the promenade. My best guess is similar to yours, it will connect somehow like this via a themed corridor or alley way:
View attachment 185118
Already quite congested back there. Would attracting large crowds to a line there make sense? Looking at you FEA.....

Princess Leia

Yep. If they could put rides in at least two of France, Japan and Germany/Italy, it would go a huge way towards spreading out crowds around WS. Plus look at doing other attractions at any other pavilion that doesn't have any larger scale entertainment.
Putting attractions for both Japan and Italy in the expansion pads next to America would actually clear up the issue of not being able to add countries adjacent to America (forced perspective would be ruined).

P_Radden

You make a good point. If they put 2 attractions in (one in France, one in Germany) that would really help spread the crowd out. BUT I can't help but feel like the UK pavilion could really use something more as well.

EDIT:
sdfasdgh.png

Grimley1968

View attachment 185118
That makes sense. Both Norway and Mexico have their ride entrances within their pavilions, so something like the photo would follow that protocol for France. Something like that photo would possibly even allow Les Halles to remain open, though maybe the seating would be pared down some or reconfigured.

doctornick

Original Poster
I'm supposing it would get a somewhat modest entry plaza (like the entry to the A&E meet and greet off Norway) to the left of Chefs de a France with a walkway back to the large, unthemed ride building?

One thing that has not been clear is where the proposed location for this theoretically ride would go. There's actually two major options I would think (assuming Impressions is kept): in the pad between France and Morocco or on the space next to France on the other side along the canal. Our insiders have been noticeably tight lipped about the specifics understandably.

Personally, I prefer the location next to the canal. There's plenty of room there and it isn't being used for anything (unless the pad between France and Morocco which has some storage and backstage support). There could be an entrance to the ride from within the pavilion without moving anything -- on the right side (looking in towards the pavilion from the promenade) where there's the Aurora M&G and a small maze, you can walk from that area to a queue that can take you to the ride. It could be within the pavilion without interfering much with the current setup and creating intolerable crowds.

Plus that location leaves the in between pad open for something for Morocco or a new country some day.

britain

Already quite congested back there. Would attracting large crowds to a line there make sense? Looking at you FEA.....

Let me introduce you to Adventureland at DL!

Having said that, there may need to be some smaller alleyway to let off the pressure to the southeast of the restaurant.

P_Radden

One thing that has not been clear is where the proposed location for this theoretically ride would go. There's actually two major options I would think (assuming Impressions is kept): in the pad between France and Morocco or on the space next to France on the other side along the canal. Our insiders have been noticeably tight lipped about the specifics understandably.

Personally, I prefer the location next to the canal. There's plenty of room there and it isn't being used for anything (unless the pad between France and Morocco which has some storage and backstage support). There could be an entrance to the ride from within the pavilion without moving anything -- on the right side (looking in towards the pavilion from the promenade) where there's the Aurora M&G and a small maze, you can walk from that area to a queue that can take you to the ride. It could be within the pavilion without interfering much with the current setup and creating intolerable crowds.

Plus that location leaves the in between pad open for something for Morocco or a new country some day.
I really like this idea if they would ever commit to building a new country pavilion between France and Morocco, but who knows if or when they will ever add any new countries.
sadfff.png

doctornick

Original Poster
You make a good point. If they put 2 attractions in (one in France, one in Germany) that would really help spread the crowd out. BUT I can't help but feel like the UK pavilion could really use something more as well.

EDIT:
View attachment 185119

At the least, I think every other pavilion should have something major (ride or show). I don't disagree about UK (especially with the spacing between UK in France) but I'd be fine with a small attraction there is France got a major ride -- someone mentioned, for example, the idea of an Alice in Wonderland hedge maze like the one in DLP which would something smaller/cheaper but at least be new and different for the WS.

But, hey, I wouldn't complain about an attraction based on one of the many British Disney properties (e.g. Mary Poppins, Sword in the Stone) or something more traditional (e.g. Robin Hood [the animal version of Disney doesn't work well with WS]).

flyerjab

One of the things I appreciate about a 'land' in a theme park is depth. When I first went into Harambe in DAK, it was a linear path with one or two smaller nooks to sit and relax or eat something. Now, with the theater district added, along with the market place there is depth to the land, going beyond a space that can only be explored as a linear progression through the land. You can now venture left and/or right instead of simply straight ahead. This adds so much more to an immersive experience.

If this is something that could happen with some of the pavilions in Epcot, I say full speed ahead and dream big as Chappie said. I love walking into the France Pavilion now, with how that street winds back into the pavilion where you can lose yourself for a moment. I always thought of how neat it would be if there was another street back there that branched off taking you even further into the conceit that you are on a french street somewhere. This pavilion would be so neat IF this happens: 2 sit down restaurants, a gelato shoppe, a QS with sandwiches and pastries, shopping, a film (that is excellent and shouldn't be lost as part of any expansion). Then add to this more street theming, hopefully another pathway, and an E-Ticket LPS ride. That would quickly become my favorite pavilion in WS. After that, I say keep it coming.

michmousefan

That makes sense. Both Norway and Mexico have their ride entrances within their pavilions, so something like the photo would follow that protocol for France. Something like that photo would possibly even allow Les Halles to remain open, though maybe the seating would be pared down some or reconfigured.
That still seems like too narrow an area... remember that you have to deal with (a considerably large amount of) guests going to AND exiting the attraction. Unless the exit is on the promenade, and that wouldn't make much sense either. Still think an attractive option would be to build it immediately west of the existing pavilion, sort of along the waterway. That way you have a dedicated path for the attraction that isn't competing with the shops and restaurants; guests upon entering the France pavilion would just stay to their right and walk past the perfume shop and continue to the attraction entrance. The paths of France are already quite crowded very often now, particularly when a show of IDF gets out. The only loss would be the intricate garden/hedge planting that is there now alongside the waterway.

DinoInstitute

At the least, I think every other pavilion should have something major (ride or show). I don't disagree about UK (especially with the spacing between UK in France) but I'd be fine with a small attraction there is France got a major ride -- someone mentioned, for example, the idea of an Alice in Wonderland hedge maze like the one in DLP which would something smaller/cheaper but at least be new and different for the WS.

But, hey, I wouldn't complain about an attraction based on one of the many British Disney properties (e.g. Mary Poppins, Sword in the Stone) or something more traditional (e.g. Robin Hood [the animal version of Disney doesn't work well with WS]).
Or Mr Toad:geek:

michmousefan

I really like this idea if they would ever commit to building a new country pavilion between France and Morocco, but who knows if or when they will ever add any new countries.
View attachment 185120
I'd push the building a bit further back still and make the walkway to the ride alongside the canal... that will give a bit more space for a semi-courtyard entrance like the Paris park has, and add space for the small ride exit/gift shop area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom