Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Haymarket2008

You might be right. I knew that someone has said that, but I didn't think it was @marni1971. I probably just missed it.
Like I said I an no expert with plans. I just thought it would make sense to Disney - spit the guest out where they can spend money. However, it seems that this would make the pavilion even more crowded. Not to mention disturbing the current pavilions layout.

When I first heard of the France project, I thought the same thing as an exit! And when I was there recently I noticed it would look really good, but it seems there is too much infrastructure to be maneuvered (the quick service restaurant and the exit for the theatre) to make an exit.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are we sure the known queue will be both in an out?

I seem to recall @marni1971 stating entrance and exit will be in the same place.

I did. That's what I believe.

We'll just have to disagree as to if using that plot is short-sighted or not (no rat pun intended).

I just think in a decade or so they may wish they had more World Showcase expansion pads.

dont forget, world showplace and the norway meetetngreet are not permanent. Maybe last resort, but they can take those out if they wanted or had to should all the others be used someday etc.
This.

Just4Pics

We'll just have to disagree as to if using that plot is short-sighted or not (no rat pun intended).

I just think in a decade or so they may wish they had more World Showcase expansion pads.

I don't think any substantial portion of Epcot visitors care if there are more countries vs more stuff to do in the existing countries. I think people just want WS expanded. I would much rather have each of the existing countries expanded than have them build more pavilions with no ride or show like the UK, Morocco, Japan, Italy, and Germany now. Those pavilions are barren when compared to any other Disney land in any park.

I especially would like the US pavilion expanded. I love the AA but I wish it had more of an actual pavilion. It's the only one that has a good attraction and no pavilion compared to most of the others which have a good pavilion with no attraction.

Movielover

The more I study the area around France the more convinced I am that the Ratatouille ride can fit directly behind the pavilion and still save Impressions.

Just saying.

Ron-Swanson-No.gif

Cosmic Commando

I took French in high school and college, and there was always a focus on Quebec. Someday I would love to go to Quebec City for Carnival and see Le Bon Homme de Neige (who should really be featured if Disney has another art festival in January). It just kind of hurts to see how Disney can capture the feelings of so many countries, but Canada they just sort of settled in a mostly good, but not great way.
Definitely check out Winterlude/Bal de Neige in Ottawa, too. It's right on the border between anglo- and francophone Canada, and it has cool stuff because it's the capital.

Spike-in-Berlin

I would definitely prefer a UNIQUE attraction, a ride FAR more than any show BTW, in ANY WS pavilion than just a Ratatouille clone in France. Don't get me wrong, I like that ride, I did it many times in the WDS in Paris but it is neither an E-Ticket nor the kind of attraction that would make me go to DLP more often (like for example an Indiana Jones Adventure or Journey to the Center of the Earth in DLP would definitely do!). It's nice but nothing really special (and mostly projection screens) and it's mostly that popular in DLP because WDS is without a doubt the worst Disney park worldwide with many mediocre (or less) attractions and very few highlights, Ratatouille being one of them.
I would instead prefer to finally see a volcano come to WDW, a Disney mountain to EPCOT and a thrill ride to WS with the Mt. Fuji rollercoaster or a similar thrilling and UNIQUE (I know I repeat myself) ride.
http://www.themeparktourist.com/fea...nbuilt-disney-mount-fuji-roller-coaster-epcot

Last edited:

doctornick

Original Poster
I especially would like the US pavilion expanded. I love the AA but I wish it had more of an actual pavilion. It's the only one that has a good attraction and no pavilion compared to most of the others which have a good pavilion with no attraction.

Just curious, but what would you like to see in an "actual pavilion" for the US? I mean, I understand what you are saying, but the pavilion does have a major attraction/show, plus a quick serve restaurant and a shop. And there is the requisite streetmosphere. A larger or additional shops could be argued, but it's not like you can't find americana trinkets throughout WDW. There could be a sit down restaurant, though it would beg the question as to what type of cuisine to use that would represent the US (maybe a BBQ place?).

I'd actually be curious as to suggestions for buffing up the pavilion.

bclane

Just curious, but what would you like to see in an "actual pavilion" for the US? I mean, I understand what you are saying, but the pavilion does have a major attraction/show, plus a quick serve restaurant and a shop. And there is the requisite streetmosphere. A larger or additional shops could be argued, but it's not like you can't find americana trinkets throughout WDW. There could be a sit down restaurant, though it would beg the question as to what type of cuisine to use that would represent the US (maybe a BBQ place?).

Hmmm, well that is a tough one. Maybe a bald eagle aviary could be interesting???

NoChesterHester

I just hate that the food that represents the United States at Epcot is Theme Park Hot Dogs and Hamburgers. I think a world class sit down farm to table restaurant would be a good start to showcase our culinary variety.

roj2323

I just hate that the food that represents the United States at Epcot is Theme Park Hot Dogs and Hamburgers. I think a world class sit down farm to table restaurant would be a good start to showcase our culinary variety.
lol Our culinary variety is other cultures food. American food is basically meat and fried things. Our American Diet is pretty atrocious really by world standards.

NoChesterHester

lol Our culinary variety is other cultures food. American food is basically meat and fried things. Our American Diet is pretty atrocious really by world standards.

I beg to differ. I am constantly amazed by the creativity and variety as I travel around this country. Being as simplistic to say our variety is just other culture's food is a bit short sighted. We are but a country of immigrants. That is our heritage.

All food is iterative. The Americans have their own spin on things. Example: Creole cooking is not French, although the influences are evident.

Kman101

While American's may not say "it's just burgers and hot dogs that represent us" many not from the US think that and have a poor view of how we eat and our diets. I could take it a bit further in terms of the obesity rate compared to other countries, but we're getting off topic.

rle4lunch

While American's may not say "it's just burgers and hot dogs that represent us" many not from the US think that and have a poor view of how we eat and our diets. I could take it a bit further in terms of the obesity rate compared to other countries, but we're getting off topic.

Our (The US) diet and food options are mainly a carryover from England/Europe/Italy, with slight variations and iterations made over 300 years. That said, I've been around the world and eaten foods in over 13 countries, and i can't say that the rest of the world's food choices are any better than ours. Not gonna lie and say that the pizza I've had in Naples doesn't taste better than here, because it does (but there's restaurants here that serve stuff that's 99%authentic). Hate to admit it, but the food in China tastes like poo, and I'll gladly take the US version what the Chinese have given us since they started immigrating here. Don't get me started on the bland crap that Britain churns out, or the street food in the middle East. And oh, btw, all the places I went fried their food, have nearly ZERO health code regulations (who knows what the hell you're eating sometimes), and could care less of how it's cooked. I got a meal in Hong Kong that was supposed to be chicken and it turned out to be pigeon and when I cut it open it started bleeding all over my plate. And that was at a very busy street corner diner.

They fact is, foo foo Americans that watch too much of the travel channel and flaunt the fact that they give their kids kale smoothies and make sure they don't eat that murderous gluten are quick on the "condemn America bandwagon, every country in the world is better than our redneck slob culture" because it's the cool and hip thing to do. In reality, most have never been out of their state, let alone visited the counties that they taut as healthy and generally just a better place to live...

As someone that has been fortunate enough to travel all over the world, I for one, appreciate the good ol US of A more and more every time I come home.

Sure, there are GREAT countries to visit, but none compare to what we have here. And if I want food that hails from the most southern northeast region of the West side of Timbuktu, guess what, I could probably find it here in the States, or at least a very good facsimile of it...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
There could be a sit down restaurant, though it would beg the question as to what type of cuisine to use that would represent the US (maybe a BBQ place?).
I'd suggest pizza, hot dogs, egg rolls, schwarma, and empanadas, because "American food" is primarily ethnic dishes brought in with the millions of immigrants over the years. It'd be a little inside joke that everybody but Americans would get...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom