Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Daveeeeed

:) I believe that Wonders of Life was closed prematurely. I know that there's always the 'I don't want to learn on vacation' argument, but I really think that this could be done in a subtle manner. With a little love, WoL could be one of the more popular pavilions.
When i go to a place like Paris, or San Francisco I expect to learn.

A park themed to man's innovation and to celebrate the world screams learn to me.

Daveeeeed

There is no reason to not use Wonders of Life as a pavilion again. Fitness, nutrition, and mental health are huge topics right now (at least, I'm pretty sure they are; I work in health care, so it seems like the topic is 24/7 for me). I know that the Land used to have the musical food shows, but I think that the subject could easily be covered as a health topic in Wonders of Life as well.

Ideas:
  • New attraction in the Body Wars space. I'm not sure what could fit in there, but preferably a ride through the different functions of the body
  • Inside Out attraction (in the Cranium Command space) about different emotions and mental health
  • 4D film about nutrition where 'The Making of Me' used to be
  • interactive area to run, jump, climb, bounce, swing, and dance (actually, they could probably contain a dance party in this area)
  • Year round location for RunDisney information.
  • Year round location for festival information (but in a designated area of the pavilion that doesn't detract from the overall theme).
3 new attractions under one roof and it takes pressure off of other pavilions. Sounds like a win/win to me.
You should fully write this out and post it in the Imagineering section of the boards. It's very cool :)

njDizFan

If you want to strictly adhere to the fundamental core of Epcot AND add an IP to the UK pavilion I would have to go with Brave... unfortunately. To quote @lazyboy97o, setting is not a theme. Sure Alice, Pan, Mary Poppins, 101 Dalmatians etc all took place or were penned by English authors but do they actually teach you anything about the history or culture of the UK? Those stories could have happened anywhere in the Western Hemisphere. Brave , at least delves into that arena. And it gives them a good reason to add another princess in the WS. I also believe Sword and Stone would also work but let's be real.

brb1006

There is no reason to not use Wonders of Life as a pavilion again. Fitness, nutrition, and mental health are huge topics right now (at least, I'm pretty sure they are; I work in health care, so it seems like the topic is 24/7 for me). I know that the Land used to have the musical food shows, but I think that the subject could easily be covered as a health topic in Wonders of Life as well.

Ideas:
  • New attraction in the Body Wars space. I'm not sure what could fit in there, but preferably a ride through the different functions of the body
  • Inside Out attraction (in the Cranium Command space) about different emotions and mental health
  • interactive area to run, jump, climb, bounce, swing, and dance (actually, they could probably contain a dance party in this area)
  • Year round location for festival information (but in a designated area of the pavilion that doesn't detract from the overall theme).
3 new attractions under one roof and it takes pressure off of other pavilions. Sounds like a win/win to me.
If they ever reopen Wonders Of Life. They should also repaint or redesign some of the exhibits inside the pavilion it feels very early 90's.

brb1006

I agree 100% with you. I posted somewhere a while ago that maybe since Apple and Disney are such close business associates (Bob Iger was on their BOD, not sure if he still is) that maybe Apple could sponsor this pavilion since they are really into the whole health thing with their health app and Apple Watch features. They definitely have the $$$.
Wonders Of Life would be the perfect place to give more attention to the RunDisney event. I remember there was a bike exhibit that had guests peddling across Magic Kingdom or Epcot and RunDisney comes to mind.

Even a dance party section would actually make sense since your actually moving your body. I just hope if that ever happens it should be original or at least using some music from the Wonders Of Life area music.

brb1006

:) I believe that Wonders of Life was closed prematurely. I know that there's always the 'I don't want to learn on vacation' argument, but I really think that this could be done in a subtle manner. With a little love, WoL could be one of the more popular pavilions.
I remember seeing Martin's tribute video to WOL and some of the exhibits were actually fun to look at. Mainly the one where you had to put headphones on and pay attention to whats going on.

brb1006

I'd be supportive of a new Mr. Toad. A version of the Toad ride would be consistent with the "C-ticket" level of ride that insiders have suggested.

Don't get me wrong, Mr. Toad is a poor fit for an Epcot pavilion much like most of the other IP choices, but the nostalgia pull would be kinda cool.
I forgot the name of the website. But I remember this person decided to make what they think a new version of Mr Toad's Wild Ride would be like at MK. I remember the art was mostly indoor but then went outdoor. I remember somebody mentioned the site a while ago in a different thread.

Princess Leia

If the ride's a C-Ticket, my excitement level has gone up after having ridden River Journey. Sure, it's no headliner, but I think Epcot could use a few more rides like it right now.
Of the two, Rat is supposed to be the bigger attraction. And that's fine. Epcot needs more rides, and I'll take the smaller ones along with the D and E tickets.

FigmentJedi

If you want to strictly adhere to the fundamental core of Epcot AND add an IP to the UK pavilion I would have to go with Brave... unfortunately. To quote @lazyboy97o, setting is not a theme. Sure Alice, Pan, Mary Poppins, 101 Dalmatians etc all took place or were penned by English authors but do they actually teach you anything about the history or culture of the UK? Those stories could have happened anywhere in the Western Hemisphere. Brave , at least delves into that arena. And it gives them a good reason to add another princess in the WS. I also believe Sword and Stone would also work but let's be real.
Brave doesn't really teach much about history or culture in the UK either.
It's just Brother Bear repainted over with Scottish stereotypes and a tired old "Arranged marriage is bad" story that failed to live up to the potential of its teaser trailer.

If Brave fits into Epcot, so does this guy

njDizFan

Brave doesn't really teach much about history or culture in the UK either.
It's just Brother Bear repainted over with Scottish stereotypes and a tired old "Arranged marriage is bad" story that failed to live up to the potential of its teaser trailer.

If Brave fits into Epcot, so does this guy

Don't get me wrong I don't want Brave in Epcot. And I agree the movie's general plot was rife with tired tropes found throughout literature/film. But is undeniably set in Scotland and as far as I have read depicts much of the landscape, architecture and quite of bit of the culture fairly accurately (albeit with contradictory timelines).

FigmentJedi

Don't get me wrong I don't want Brave in Epcot. And I agree the movie's general plot was rife with tired tropes found throughout literature/film. But is undeniably set in Scotland and as far as I have read depicts much of the landscape, architecture and quite of bit of the culture fairly accurately (albeit with contradictory timelines).
Mary Poppins is a movie that's so British that it has a character sing about how great it is to live in 1910 London and puts the British's contempt for the Irish right on comical display by disguising it as a cartoony fox hunt.

Last edited:

njDizFan

Mary Poppins is a movie that's so British that it has a character sing about how great it is to live in 1910 London and puts the British's contempt for the Irish right on comical display by disguising it as a cartoony fox hunt.
Translate that to a theme park attraction. What did we learn about London in 1910.

...Small Brave darkride, with set pieces in appropriate period Scotland.

"They've travelled widely, researching the landscape. I'm a keen hill-walker, as well as an environmental historian, and I kept seeing places I recognised: in an early scene, the main character, Merida, scales a rocky outcrop that's clearly modelled on Cairngorm granite, right down to the colour and texture. There are also Pictish stones, with carvings modelled on real examples – like Dunnichen or Aberlemno – and more ancient prehistoric standing stones, from the Ring of Brodgar on Orkney to the Callanish stones on Lewis.

The general feel – the mix of water and hills, forest and mountains – is very good: the forests are a realistic blend of Scots pine and birch."

From this article https://www.theguardian.com/film/2012/aug/29/scottish-historian-view-brave

Ideas:

There's a handful of IPs - Inside Out and Big Hero 6 are the most obvious - and undoubtedly dozens of characters that they could use in a pavilion about health and body that I'm honestly surprised they haven't done anything with the pavilion yet. Plus it seems like it would be a piece of cake to get sponsors for the pavilion since Disney already has a foothold in the fitness world.

If the ride's a C-Ticket, my excitement level has gone up after having ridden River Journey. Sure, it's no headliner, but I think Epcot could use a few more rides like it right now.

This is basically how I feel. I think Epcot in general could use some more rides that aren't E-Tickets to help round out the park. Something you can hop on and be done with in an hour so to make better use of time while you wait for your Fastpass time or dinner reservation. I think this would be particularly good for World Showcase to help each country feel more substantial without distracting from the pavilion itself.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom