Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

csm

I disagree 100%.. this is a well done attraction that oozes of a sophistocation we haven't seen in a long time from Disney. Maybe you just don't like screens. This will easily be the most popular attraction at Epcot. Boom.

Listen, I know it's difficult to read my entire post when you're a Blind Brand Loyalist™, but in the event that you have a type-to-talk feature on your computer I'll once again point out that I clearly stated in the original comment that I am a fan of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man, thus instantly and completely discrediting your "you just don't like screens" defense.

tirian

A better statement would be "The sooner something *other than* Ratatouille is confirmed, the better."

Just rode Ratatouille a few weeks ago. Honestly, it's not very good at all. The ride has very little soul, and is basically a trackless vehicle driving through a movie theater. And I *am* a fan of the movie, and I *am* a fan of The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. This should have been an easy like for me, but it's not even close.

Interesting you compare the two. Sort of like comparing Haunted Mansion to Fallon.

In any case I see Uni apologists once again critiquing what they fear.

PS - I fear losing the beautiful theater more than losing Impressions. The theater can be repurposed. Perhaps one of those fancy 8K screens could be installed to eliminate the lines. Just a thought. Oh, with 3D too. :geek:

Sorry, @jt04 — Rat is one of WDI's lesser trackless attractions. It's very much like Uni's screen-based rides and not at all like Tokyo's Hunny Hunt or Hong Kong's Mansion. I'd rather see something else come to Epcot, and I'd like to keep Impressions because if you've ever been to France, that movie is a a stunning travelogue of the country's landscape, and triggers some wonderful memories.

Now if we're talking about trackless technology, the Great Mickey Ride should be incredible, even though we'll lose the GMR.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Interesting you compare the two. Sort of like comparing Haunted Mansion to Fallon.

In any case I see Uni apologists once again critiquing what they fear.

PS - I fear losing the beautiful theater more than losing Impressions. The theater can be repurposed. Perhaps one of those fancy 8K screens could be installed to eliminate the lines. Just a thought. Oh, with 3D too. :geek:
I've said it before. I'm glad you're still here despite everything.

Even if you don't actually visit the places you talk about.

Last edited:

jt04

Sorry, @jt04 — Rat is one of WDI's lesser trackless attractions. It's very much like Uni's screen-based rides and not at all like Tokyo's Hunny Hunt or Hong Kong's Mansion. I'd rather see something else come to Epcot, and I'd like to keep Impressions because if you've ever been to France, that movie is a a stunning travelogue of the country's landscape, and triggers some wonderful memories.

Now if we're talking about trackless technology, the Great Mickey Ride should be incredible, even though we'll lose the GMR.

I have always thought they should keep the theater and have it be multi use including daily showings of Impressions. Seems like there is enough available land to put Remy elsewhere in the pavilion. Just an opinion.

jt04

I've said it before. I'm glad you're still here despite everything.

Even if you don't actually visit the places you talk about.

I am quite sure I was visiting long before you even knew the place existed. And will be again often even after you become a Uni only visitor.

jt04

:eek:
:hilarious:

Serious question. When did you last visit a WDW park?

Was there on business in 2015. Saving the parks for future visits. :greedy:

IE - when I can afford annual passes. Not sure when before that but not that long ago. I have had longer gaps. It is a big world.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Jt, it's just best to not question Martin. We really value his inside info and hints and I've seen very many leave boards like these because if folks like you who consistently badger people like Martin. I'm sure you are a great chap but let's end this back and forth and thank him for his contributions.

jt04

Jt, it's just best to not question Martin. We really value his inside info and hints and I've seen very many leave boards like these because if folks like you who consistently badger people like Martin. I'm sure you are a great chap but let's end this back and forth and thank him for his contributions.

Pretty sure I have not questioned his info. I do try to pry more info from him. Can't blame me for that. Seems everyone's favorite pastime around here.

matt9112

Good Point but how many people are even riding Ellen at this point? For the longest its been a ride that I skip and I think that is probably true for most people.

Two new rides combined with the existing rides and world show case would be a good
start.

Spaceship earth
Test track
Space
Nemo- my family loves the aquarium
The land
Soarin
Frozen ride
3 callaberos
Rat.
Guardians of the Galaxy- hopefully
Hopefully a rejuvenated imagination or improved ride.
Also, not to mention the movie attractions.

This would be a full day for me.
Fingers are crossed on my end!

Take your family to the Georgia aquarium and save some coin.

matt9112

The right answer would be "blessing of size." There's enough space to have multiple different experiences for different audiences. Magic Kingdom for the majority, Epcot and Animal Kingdom for those who want to slow down a bit, and DHS for thrill seekers. At least, that's how I think it should be.

No you want to spread it all out....if you specialize per say you end up with crowd problems.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom