Port Orleans Riverside Staycation Weekend.

Disone

Original Poster
Hello from......
20160713_134531.jpg

I had a really great staycation weekend at Port Orleans Riverside. I'd forgotten how nice this Resort is.
20160713_134624.jpg

The lobby is both Grand and Majestic, yet warm and inviting. It sets the appropriate mood for the rest of the resort.
20160713_140141.jpg

Riverside is huge, but very well laid out so that nothing is too far of a walk.

20160713_180559.jpg

The Manors have elegant courtyards that betray their moderate expectations.
20160714_124747.jpg

Its just a stunningly nice resort to walk around.

20160713_180137.jpg

And river cruise boats take you down river to that there Disney Springs place:)

20160714_125001.jpg

Such nice grounds. At the middle of the resort is the main food court and adjoining to it the main pool. It is called Old Man Island and it is on an island. To me it feels much more like the old River Country Than even the current Fort Wilderness pool.

20160714_125527.jpg

Its large and expansive with lots of water features to swim through and around.
20160714_125638.jpg

And yes there is a water slide too. More importantly yet oddly not pictured because I forgot to take a picture of it, is the muddy rivers pool bar is right here in the heart of the fun.
20160714_125729.jpg

Now if you would like pictures of the princess rooms let me know and I'll post some of those. I found them to be rich and loaded with Disney details and something I wish Disney would do more of in their other resorts.

Lillies

I love these pictures! Thank you for sharing. :) POR is our favourite place, we are planning to go back in 2018 (so long away... :( ). I personally would love to see pictures of the Princess rooms. They look so beautiful from the outside. I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Disone

Original Poster
Welcome to my royal princess room at Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside. None of the royal princess rooms feature a king bed, they are all 2 Queens. Appropriate for princess rooms :) The lavish Disney theme is evident from the moment you open the door.
20160713_181440.jpg

Princess Tiana has left a note for you explaining the story behind the room.
20160713_181206.jpg

It's fun to look around the room and see what all the princesses have left behind. Right at the entrance is a coat rack themed Cinderella.
20160713_181253.jpg

The television is a little small, but who cares when your looking at Aladdin's flying carpet, and the dog from Beauty and the Beast. That Tiana picture in the corner? It's 3D! It's fun putting your hand into it. And the wallpaper trim is loaded with Disney details.
20160713_181536.jpg
There's three largers drawers and of course the refrigerator cabinet is here too.
20160713_181617.jpg
The room has a plush feel to it, definitely a sense of royalty. The drapes are not done on the cheap and they too have some hidden Disney details. The window treatment features both blinds and privacy curtains, which leaves the room nice and dark until you are ready to let the sunlight in.
20160713_181250.jpg
Entryway into the bathroom is just as lavish as the window treatment. And yes the gold curtain can be pulled close so that the vanity area can be separated from the rest of the room.
20160713_181852.jpg

You just have to love the lamp that double as faucets. Also the wallpaper Trim in the vanity and bathroom area is different than the room, but just as loaded with Disney details. I didn't get a picture of it so you'll have to check it out for yourself once you're in the room, but may just be where Princess Ariel has left her mark.
20160713_182010.jpg
The beds are beautiful and along the wall is a picture of all the princesses with their castle in the background. The room has environmentally friendly lighting so when you first turn on the lights they are a bit dim but just give them some time in the room will brighten up. They are a little dark at first. But it adds to the sense of royalty.
20160713_182416.jpg

Push a button on either of the two headboards and the fiber optics come alive with a silent fireworks show. Definitely a magical feature in the room, there's no music but just dim the lights and watch it go.
20160713_182531.jpg

Last edited:

Herdman

Great pictures, thanks for posting!! We love both the Port Orleans resorts. Can't wait to get to the FQ in November!!

Wendy Pleakley

One of the best things about WDW is that you can stay in an amazing resort, without breaking the bank.

Some people will swear by the deluxe resorts, but I find the moderate resorts are fantastic in terms of quality and being an immersive environment.

jasmine217

I think you and I were there at the same time! My husband and I were at POR from July 15th-July 19th. I've been to Disney many times, but this was actually the first time that I had stayed at a resort on-site, and I could not be happier with our choice! For a moderate, I thought it was exceptional - very pretty. We also lucked out and our room was just steps away from the West bus stop, which is generally the first pick-up for buses headed to and from the parks, so that was really convenient.

HurricaneHanna

@Disone thanks for posting all of these great photos. We have our favorite resorts but sometimes it's nice to try something new and your post has really made me think more about trying Port Orleans. Our favorite thing to do on vacation is to just simply walk around and these grounds look very interesting and very relaxing. The rooms look a bit overstimulating but it's not a deal breaker. Can you walk to Disney Springs from Port Orleans?

DisneyFans4Life

We did 8 nights at POR last summer and absolutely loved it. So far, this has been our favorite resort! We have AKL coming up for a few nights in October and then another 8 nights at CBR in March. I'm very curious to see what we will think of CBR.

slappy magoo

Thank you for the reply. So there is no walkway to DS? We always prefer to walk if it's an option.
I did a search from Riverside to Disney Springs on Google Maps. Blow up the image and look counter-clockwise from Riverside to French Quarter to Old Key West to Saratoga Springs to the West Side of Disney Springs.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Dis...c0880af54bff41f7!2m2!1d-81.517616!2d28.371275

If that is indeed a pathway(s) I'm seeing, is not an "as the crow flies" path, it meanders and makes long curves throughout property. I can't imagine it taking less than 45 minutes and that's at a brisk clip. And if you have dinner reservations and the Florida sun is brutal, even a nice relaxing boat ride could result in a case of insufferable swamp @$$. I can't imagine how much hotter and uncomfortable you'd be if you walked it, again, assuming that path I'm seeing is 100% accessible by foot.

EDIT: I wound up trying to take a gander at the apparent path via Google Earth. The path that combines Port Orleans French Quarter to Old Key West? While I don't see any "Keep Away" signs, it looks like more of a "desire path" than an actual designated walkway. It might not be technically accessible to guests, but I could be completely wrong about that. Regardless it seems wide enough for vehicles, it's dirt, no sidewalk, no street lights, my guess is it's meant for maintenance vehicles. I wouldn't walk it at night.

Last edited:

HurricaneHanna

Thanks @slappy magoo for going to all that effort. I thought I read somewhere about being able to walk from PO to DS. I was hoping it was like the walkway between the Boardwalk area and HS, only longer. Or even a slightly more rustic option like the path between WL and FW. Guess not. Thanks for clearing it up for me though. I wish I could remember the post I'm thinking of. I was sure the poster said that there was a walkway but it was only open until dark. I can't find it again though. Plus I totally misjudged the distance. PO and DS are quite far apart. Also as soon as you said "dirt" I was out. I love to walk but I do love some pavement between me and mother nature. Thanks again.

Captain Barbossa

Welcome to my royal princess room at Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside. None of the royal princess rooms feature a king bed, they are all 2 Queens. Appropriate for princess rooms :) The lavish Disney theme is evident from the moment you open the door.
View attachment 151621
Princess Tiana has left a note for you explaining the story behind the room.
View attachment 151622
It's fun to look around the room and see what all the princesses have left behind. Right at the entrance is a coat rack themed Cinderella.
View attachment 151623
The television is a little small, but who cares when your looking at Aladdin's flying carpet, and the dog from Beauty and the Beast. That Tiana picture in the corner? It's 3D! It's fun putting your hand into it. And the wallpaper trim is loaded with Disney details.
View attachment 151614There's three largers drawers and of course the refrigerator cabinet is here too.
View attachment 151618 The room has a plush feel to it, definitely a sense of royalty. The drapes are not done on the cheap and they too have some hidden Disney details. The window treatment features both blinds and privacy curtains, which leaves the room nice and dark until you are ready to let the sunlight in.
View attachment 151617 Entryway into the bathroom is just as lavish as the window treatment. And yes the gold curtain can be pulled close so that the vanity area can be separated from the rest of the room.
View attachment 151615
You just have to love the lamp that double as faucets. Also the wallpaper Trim in the vanity and bathroom area is different than the room, but just as loaded with Disney details. I didn't get a picture of it so you'll have to check it out for yourself once you're in the room, but may just be where Princess Ariel has left her mark.
View attachment 151620 The beds are beautiful and along the wall is a picture of all the princesses with their castle in the background. The room has environmentally friendly lighting so when you first turn on the lights they are a bit dim but just give them some time in the room will brighten up. They are a little dark at first. But it adds to the sense of royalty.
View attachment 151612
Push a button on either of the two headboards and the fiber optics come alive with a silent fireworks show. Definitely a magical feature in the room, there's no music but just dim the lights and watch it go.
View attachment 151613
Stayed there twice in the Aligator Bayou section but that was a long time ago. Would like to stay there again and see what's changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom