Port Orleans Frence quarter Question...

Magic Maniacs

We will be staying at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort the first week of October. We have stayed at the Riverside location multiple times. This is our first experience at the French Quarter side. Decided to try something new for a change. Is there a peticular building that we can request that is better than the others? Thank you for your help :kiss:

Lucky

I'd look at a resort map and decide what you want to be near - bus stop, lobby & food court, pool, walkway to Riverside, water view, etc.

But it's smaller than most resorts so no building will be very far away from things.

Last time we were there we had a great water view room (without asking for it) that was near the pool but not so near for the noise to be an issue.

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

Very true. It is a small resort so you can't really be *too* far from anything.
I will be checking in at POFQ in a matter of 8 days (but who's countin:lol:). We chose (and by chose, I mean requested) building 4 mostly for its location to the bus stop. When it's late and I'm tired I want to be close to my bed!

Upvote 0
just got back from pofq stayed in building 5 which was quite. the resort is small so walking should not be a issue. i recommend stopping by the bar after the park around 930 to see the guy singing there it was entertaining and relaxing

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Yeh, the resort is so pleasantly compact that I can't imagine there's a bad spot.

Sure, if you look on a map, there are some buildings closer to the food court than others. But the differences between them are tiny. I remember being disappointed in getting a room that looked far away on the map the front desk clerk gave me, but then after I arrived at that room literally two minutes later, I realized that even the far away room wasn't far away at all.

Upvote 0
I love this resort....always choose it. I think I have stayed in every building.

I also recommend checking out a map and remembering that it is the smallest resort.

Building #4 is the closest to the food court/bus stop. Buildings 7 and 1 seem to be the furthest from everything, but it's a beautiful walk and not a big deal if you get the very corner room, IMHO. Buildings 6 and 5 are also closest to the bus stop. Buildings 2 and 5 are the closest to the pool/laundry, I think. Again, I really don't think any building is too far from the bus stop/food court. You will learn to navigate between the courtyards and buildings to find your quickest path to any destination. Once I was in the very back corner of building 7 and ended up enjoying walking the path to PORS every morning and sometimes in the evenings to catch the bus or get off the bus...

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

Proud Disney geek that I am, I timed it! I timed my walk from the very farthest corner of building #1 to the food court door. At a leisurely, normal walking pace, it was a 3 minute 20 second walk. For any hotel with over 1,000 rooms, that's a short walk!

Upvote 0

SallyShine

We stayed at Riverside once. I felt like I walked more at the resort than I did in the parks! We are big fans of French Quarter. It is a short walk anywhere you want to go. Also, there is only one bus stop. This means a quicker trip to the parks. You will be happy with your choice!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom