Port Orleans Frech Quarter

aristocatmom

My family and I are going to WDW in February. Cany anyone tell me what the Port Orleans French Quarter is like.

Is the resort crowded in February?
What are the buses like? Do they have their own bus or do they share with another resort?
If we stay at Port Orleans we would like to be close to the pools and the buses. Which building would be best?
What are the restaurants like in the resort?

Any information you can share with us would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Aristocatmom :)

KHockett

Great Resort!

We stayed at the FQ in July. It is great! It does share a bus with POR however, you get picked up and dropped off first from FQ. We never had any trouble getting where we needed to go and we always had a seat on the bus. As far as eating, they just have the food court. It is very nice, but if you want a sit down restaurant you have to go to POR (Boatwrights). As for the pool, we stayed in building 5 which was right next to the pool. It was great! We had a wonderful stay.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Photo Mickey

:animwink: Good Evening,
Just got back from a week at French Quarter Stayed in building (5) Five, right next to the pool and no smoking. The restaurant is terrible and service was poor. but I found that the port orleans resort full service and fast service restaurant were quite good. it's only a short ride by boat up the river from the french quarter and well worth the short trip. the boat launch is right by the pool and only a very short walk from building (5) Five. Bus service is direct to the Magic Kingdom, but shares service with port orleans for the other resorts. A plus is that the same boat dock at French quarter also goes to Downtown Disney about a 20 minute ride and there is plenty of restaurants and shopping options. Enjoy your trip -

Upvote 0

dxwwf3

It's been a long time since I've stayed at FQ, but I do remember enjoying it alot then and when we recently walked around as well. Now Riverside is my favorite WDW resort, but FQ is definatley up there.

Upvote 0
we stayed in port orleans last month, and are going again in early feb.
it was nice. food court was ok(basic food court) but restaraunts are nearby at downtown disney and Riverside. we stayed in building 1 right near the river, was nice, very quiet resort, didnt see anyone till you get to the main area usually.
busses were great, except for busses going to downtown disney, we were always picked up first/dropped off first) and it was nice.
:king:

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
Aristocatmom, I don't think any building is more than a three minute walk from the lobby, which is an advantage over many other moderates. Of the two Port Orleans resorts, FQ is smaller, and has the more intimate feel.

The pool is nicely done, the bus service is pretty good, and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The rooms we stayed in earlier this month had recently replaced mattresses - nothing older than 18 months, and all of the furniture was in good repair. Sheets are 180 thread count. Towels and washcloths are average for this kind of resort - certainly usable, but not plush (92% cotton, 8% poly, in case you're wondering). Bathroom and dressing areas functional, but not roomy. The air conditioning and heating systems worked efficiently and accurately. Soundproofing & noise levels were average, IIRC.

The only negatives I can think of is that the room lighting, including the dressing areas, at both Port Orleans resorts is poor. If you're planning on doing any sort of work in the room, such as on a laptop, this is not the place for you (Coronado Springs, another moderate, is superlative in this respect.) Also the food court isn't great. I'd either stick with very simple menu choices or dine elsewhere. But if you're going to be in the parks for lunch and dinner, that shouldn't be a big deal.

Overall, I'd put POFQ second on my list of moderate resorts, behind Coronado Springs, but ahead of Caribbean Beach (wayyyy too much walking) and POR (ditto).

Hope this helps!

Len Testa

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

POFQ is a great resort although the food court is poor.
Buses are shared with POR - but POFQ is picked up first and so seats are not a problem.
The boat ride to DTD is a great 15 min trip although late in the evening it can be a bit chilly.
Enjoy your stay at POFQ

Upvote 0

mrtoad

We have stayed at both POR and POFQ. We prefer POR but both are nice. POFQ is small and tight so no matter what building you are in, it is close to the main building, buses and pool. As mentioned the food court there is not that great. The one at POR is larger and has more choices. One thing that both resorts have that is well worth doing is take the boat down to DTD as night. It is nice and relaxing.

Upvote 0

Shanandty

I disagree with the member that said the food was terrible. We had no complaints at all! Everything was hot a fresh and super tasty. The CM's were very flexable on what counted as a "snack" on our meal plan.

The hotel grounds are the best! Peaceful and very beautiful. The rooms are well, hotel rooms. They're nice, but are just like the other rooms, with different pictures and bedspreads.

Only complaint was our mousekeeping. My son was dissapointed when we didn't recieve any towel art.:cry:
( he was really looking forward to that)

I would definetly reccomend it to anyone!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom