Port Orleans Bedspread FIASCO!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I am a germaphobic. Guilty. I wipe down everything with bleach wipes as soon as we arrive, Mrs. Clean.
And I wipe everything down again that is touchable after housekeeping comes. Blah ha ha. And then my brain reasons with myself and it tells me housekeeping touches pillows, towels, etc and I answer my unreasonable self with nananananana..........

So glad I wasn't this germaphobic when my kids were small or I would have had to ordered the kids a plastic bubble to grow up in. lol

I am so happy to have white sheets that get bleached the same way the towels do. Amen.

MouseDreaming

Yeah. The comforters as well as the throw pillows are supposed to be so contaminated with germs and.....well.....other stuff....that it makes sense to just get rid of them. There is some book about all of this. I think it is called Hotel Confidential but not sure. They also say not to drink out of the hotel glasses before rinsing them. They say the hotel maids often just rinse them in the sink and spray them with Pledge so they shine. Yuck.
I get it. For a summer job I was a maid at a hotel, and I get it. And yes, I am the person who brings my own little spray bottle of Lysol with me, and everything gets sprayed. Everything that has been mentioned, and the faucets, especially the toilet flusher. Eeewww. It just seems like they would have waited and switched it all at once, instead of losing a large part of their theming. Unless they are cutting down the old comforters into the bed scarfs? Which can't be much better. They can't just leave a large expanse of white in there.

jaklgreen

I get it. For a summer job I was a maid at a hotel, and I get it. And yes, I am the person who brings my own little spray bottle of Lysol with me, and everything gets sprayed. Everything that has been mentioned, and the faucets, especially the toilet flusher. Eeewww. It just seems like they would have waited and switched it all at once, instead of losing a large part of their theming. Unless they are cutting down the old comforters into the bed scarfs? Which can't be much better. They can't just leave a large expanse of white in there.
I don't mind it being all white, it is still a big improvement on the ugly comforters they had.

pixiesteno

this thread makes me glad that when we visit we take our RV ;). Seriously, I have noted in the past week or so on the WDW commercials when they show the room shots and are talking about relaxing that the beds are covered in white with a colored throw on the bottom of the bed. Personally, aside from staying with a theme, I prefer the white linen with the blankets sandwiched in. You can get a much better idea on the cleanliness of the bedding. We stayed at a Holiday Inn in 2005 and when we went to get into bed and pulled back the comforter there was dried blood on the back of it. :hungover: It and the sheet went on the floor and I grabbed the extra linen from the closet. We have not stayed at a Holiday Inn since and we won't. I also had a few things to mention at the front desk the next morning. ;)

TexasTink

Im a bit disappointed. ?.. I am all about the theam in the rooms... even if its just a bed spread. We r going ti pors lets see....

Gawrsh, it seemed pretty obviousy to me that I was using the term "fiasco" in jest.

This just in: Princess Room "fireworks" headboard lighting replaced with bare, compact fluorescent bulb.
We just got back from POR and had the decorative spreads and the firework headboard - I'm surprised about this newest news image.jpg

Weather_Lady

Frankly, I am hoping they'll make this change to the Wilderness Lodge Villas before our trip next May. In the case of that resort, it's both thematically appropriate and hygenic. The one thing I hate in all the photos of the villa bedrooms is the cheesy, 1980s-Ponderosa-restaurant-style-textile bedspreads. If you can't have a handmade quilt (and I'm sure we can't - can you imagine the cost?), I think a snowy white spread bespeaks "North American Park Service Lodge of the past" just a little bit better than a pilled-up, printed polyester blanket with flowers or pine cones and neo-Navajo patterns on it. :)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Joking about the Royal Rooms in the picture? I don't mind if they did away with the bed spreads. We arrive in a Royal Room in a little less than 2 weeks, just curious if it is happening or not.
He was joking about replacing the fireworks headboards. All the linens are going to white in all the resorts - hopefully they will begetting the colored footers too -

luv

I hope they are getting the footers also because just the sheets look like an unmade bed lol I don't know I am weird.
I agree. I make my bed every day because I don't like sheets just being out, like they're misbehaving. Beds look naked without some sort of bedspread or comforter. IMO.

They could at least get decorative sheets...but then they can't bleach them, I guess. It's a shame.

But that's how it is now, so I guess we have to get used to it and move on.

disney4life2008

Count me as pro theme confomrters :) Germs be darned, I like a nice comfy confomrter when I bed down anywhere.

I too prefer a comforter. Especially in the January cold weather or when I have the air turned up high in colder months. I was at Movies during a cold snap a few years back and the heat would not go above 71 - it was freezing in the room at a time when it was in the 20s in Orlando

VegasVic14

Newbie here, and I can't believe the emphasis that people are putting into what their bed looks like. We're heading back to WDW after a 20 year hiatus and have selected POR. The least of my concerns for choosing that resort is what their beds look like. Of all the facets that went into that decision, "comforters and footers" rank somewhere behind what type of tree might be situated outside my room.

WWWD

Newbie here, and I can't believe the emphasis that people are putting into what their bed looks like. We're heading back to WDW after a 20 year hiatus and have selected POR. The least of my concerns for choosing that resort is what their beds look like. Of all the facets that went into that decision, "comforters and footers" rank somewhere behind what type of tree might be situated outside my room.

At POR it's probably a large oak tree with a lot of Spanish moss on it. :) Enjoy your return to WDW.

crispy

Just because it doesn't matter to you, doesn't mean it doesn't matter to others. Why did you pick POR over other resorts? I would bet because you preferred it. Allow others the same courtesy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom