POR or POFQ?

Glasgow

Ok - I've read about 50 threads covering this topic and I still can't decide. My wife seems to like Riverside better but I'm weary about it because of the bus stories I have heard. It seems that the busses go to FQ first so this is a big selling point for me (we have a 1 year old).

We're not afraid of a little walking nor have we been to either resort before so either one would probably be fine I suppose.

So it comes down to this .. before I can book our trip I need to answer this simple question .. POR or POFQ? Can you help me please?! LOL

PrincessMagic

I have never stayed at POR but have been to POFQ 3X and staying our 4th. this August. That being said, we have visited there and eaten dinner at Boatwrights. I prefer POFQ for a few reasons. One the bus system like you mentioned, Two, I love the intimate feel of POFQ, Disney World is such a massive place, and when you return to your resort you return to a quiet vacation escape. The slide is great, however I don't think a one year old would be too enthused. I personally think that POFQ is more charming. All in all the bus system is the biggest difference IMO in the two resorts. I have witnessed very aggitated people at POR having waited a while on a bus, and when one arrives it's full. In any event I think you'll find they are very similar and beautiful resorts, I'm just sold on POFQ. Have fun planning.

Upvote 0

RonAnnArbor

I love POFQ and would never stay at Riverside - but that being said, POFQ is geared more toward adults and less toward kids. With a one-year old it would make no difference. It will make a HUGE difference when it comes to transportation with the stroller. For that point alone, I would recommend POFQ.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
Thanks you guys -- this is definitely the type of info I need. I wanted to go with POFQ but I got the "either one is fine ..." statement from the wife and we all know what that means... Hehe

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Ok - I've read about 50 threads covering this topic and I still can't decide. My wife seems to like Riverside better but I'm weary about it because of the bus stories I have heard. It seems that the busses go to FQ first so this is a big selling point for me (we have a 1 year old).

We're not afraid of a little walking nor have we been to either resort before so either one would probably be fine I suppose.

So it comes down to this .. before I can book our trip I need to answer this simple question .. POR or POFQ? Can you help me please?! LOL
We stayed at POR last summer during the peak season & we had no problems w/ buses.
POR & POFQ are so close that it takes no time to travel to or from each on the bus.
We really enjoyed our stay at POR.
We even saw rabbits jumping through the foilage at POR - they were not afraid of people - I guess they have seen so many of them that they are not bothered by them.
You can even visit The Fishing Hole at POR if you enjoy fishing.
We also enjoyed the food court & pool at POFQ.
You can take a boat ride from one resort to another.
The boat ride from either resort to DTD is great!
:wave:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Hey there glas!!! Great to see you are going back!!!! I have stayed at both resorts and have been quite happy at either one. I tend to gravitate to Riverside usually though. I like the Mansion side of things and of course going to Boatwright's in the morning for Breakfast. FQ is more intimate and has only the one main pool and the food court. Riverside has a few pools plus Ol' Man Island ( Main themed pool) and they have a recently redone food court and the sit down option of Boatwright's for breakfast & dinner. I am not sure about FQ but Riverside has Bob the Piano guy playing in the lounge on some nights for entertainment. The bus system for Magic Kingdom ( the last time I looked, they are forever changing it) has FQ and Riverside separate. All of the other parks do have them together. I havent ever had any problem regardless of which side I stayed at. I hope this helps and have a great Father's Day!!! Belle

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've never stayed at POR but, the bus stopping at POFQ first is definately a BIG plus. On the other hand, the boats to DTD - most start at POR and at busy times you'll find one or two sailing right by. I think it all balances out.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
Hmmm ... all great input you guys!! I think it's going to be a game time decision since it's still kinda split (POR - more to do, POFQ - better busses). I'm going to be calling today to book ... so excited to be going back, especially with the little one!!

Upvote 0

JML42691

I have stayed at both in the past and like each equally the same. If you really had to choose one then I would say do Riverside. We stayed there on our last trip and absolutly loved it. We didn't have a bus problem but we were gifted with being in building 14. I would request this building upon reservation because it is close to the main pool, a quiet pool, the main buildings and the quickest bus stop (in my own opinion). Occaisonally we would have to wait another 3-5 minutes coming back from the parks, but we never had any trouble getting there. I feel that there is a little bit more to offer in Riverside than French Quarter but they are both extremely fun. Don't worry, you will have fun no matter where you go.

Upvote 0

dazzle_em55

We have stayed at both and enjoy POFQ muche better. My mother enjoys being the first on and off the buses and the walk to the food court it much shorter (makes it easier to get a night time snack even if its raining).

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

POFQ - all the way. It's more compact, the bus transportation situation is better - it's just a better pick in my opinion. I've stayed at a lot if different resorts on Disney property, and next to the Poly, POFQ is my favorite. :)

Upvote 0

k.hunter30

Hmmm ... all great input you guys!! I think it's going to be a game time decision since it's still kinda split (POR - more to do, POFQ - better busses). I'm going to be calling today to book ... so excited to be going back, especially with the little one!!
What did you end up with?

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I have stayed at both and do like them both. POFQ is my favorite for the asme reasons mentioned above. My kids love the pool.

That being said, as wannabebelle mentioned above, POR has Boatwrights (I love breakfast there) and Bob the panio guy. We've always enjoyed watching him!

Upvote 0

Lucky

We loved POFQ. Usually our bus to MK skipped POR entirely - no stops at all. For the other 3 parks they picked up at POFQ first, then POR. With the water parks that was reversed. I doubt if you are going to the water parks, though, with a 1 year old.

Yes, there's "more to do" at POR - but you can still do it. It's a 10 minute scenic walk along the river to get from one lobby or pool to the other.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Original Poster
I ended up booking POR and hope to get one of the buildings close to the front .. we shall see. In the end I chose POR since I don't think the bussing is as big of an issue in the off-season (I may be way off here, I don't know), plus the extra activities at POR seemed to win me over this time (*read -- my wife wanted POR so I booked there*).

hehe .. see you all there!

Upvote 0

I have never stayed at POFQ. I've always wanted to but I completely love POR more than the other moderates and deluxe resorts that I've stayed in so when I go to WDW and it comes time for the reservations I always go back there. I'm very happy with the layout of the Resort and the food court and the rooms are great too!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom