Trip Report Pop & Hop, Snack & Shop, Graduation Celebration - Sept 2016

We arrived home late last night and as usual, we are all in Disney depression mode. Seriously, the return to reality is so hard!

It was an AWESOME trip. However not without a few hiccups. Let’s just say that the name of my Trip Report could easily have been, “I Almost Killed My Husband In The Happiest Place On Earth” or… “”Did The Ride Just Stop?” or… “Bathrooms Around The World”

Needless to say that Disney Magic outshines small issues – even my husband’s behavior that almost landed him in Cinderella’s moat more than once.

Warning: I have some commitments over the next few weeks, so I’m not sure how much updating I will be able to do. But I wanted to start writing before my memory and notes start to fade away. Besides, I’m so sad – it helps to re-live it! Lol

For those of you who don’t know us – our cast of characters:

Me – Mary

IMG_8890.JPG

Ross – My hubby who drove me INSANE throughout our trip.

IMG_0348.JPG

Julia (14)

IMG_0480.JPG

Hope (7 with Autism & Sensory issues)

IMG_0286.JPG

What I didn’t mention in my Pre-Trip Report is that we were celebrating the fact that Julia is starting 9th grade this year. As homeschoolers, we have never acknowledged graduations or moving up ceremonies. So since my sweet girl is starting high school, I figured she deserved a Disney Celebration, so I had that put on our reservation.

Since Ross agreed to family shirts, I had my friend make them for us. Julia was surprised and really happy!

IMG_0552.JPG

So if you are ready to join in the fun & craziness… welcome aboard!!

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 5 Continued...

I didn't like that you had to choose between Fantasmic and the Star Wars Fireworks. However, Fantasmic won out...

thumb_IMG_0190_1024.jpg

After Fantasmic, we headed for another galaxy. Last year, Hope didn't want to ride Star Tours so I wasn't sure what to expect. Sure enough, she was willing to give it a go.

thumb_IMG_0192_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0194_1024.jpg

I had been wanting to meet Chewie all day so finally we were able to make our way over to the Launch Bay. Kylo Ren's line was shorter, so we opted for him first.

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20160917_7805182276.jpeg
STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20160917_7805182278.jpeg
STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR2_20160917_7805182282.jpeg

I didn't really like Kylo Ren - it was odd that he yelled at us - a little bit awkward. Ross did NOT like him at all. Chewbacca was a completely different story.

STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR2_20160917_7805180726.jpeg
STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR2_20160917_7805180733.jpeg
STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR2_20160917_7805180722.jpeg

Ciara

We found the line for Pocahontas and waited. The line was not even officially opened yet, but I didn’t want to chance it being cut off. We waited at least a half hour if not more. It was HOT – but we stuck it out. As we got closer, we realized it would only be her. Last year, there was a second character to meet – but not this time. We were the next in line and we noticed the couple in front of us were Pocahontas super fans. I don’t know what they were showing her, but they has her sign a million different things and then were talking to her about something that happened in her movie. It was a little weird.

Finally it was our turn. Pocahontas has never disappointed us! She is so amazing! I have to say, she takes a long time to spend with people. Julia was quick – a picture and an autograph.

View attachment 187797

But when she saw Hope in her outfit, she went crazy. She sat her down and started to tell her a story! All the characters are good and kind to Hope, but some some reason, Pocahontas seems to have a special insight. Hope of course LOVED it!

View attachment 187798 View attachment 187799 View attachment 187800 View attachment 187801 View attachment 187802 View attachment 187803 View attachment 187804 View attachment 187805 View attachment 187806

She is probably the one character I don’t care how long we wait because the interaction has always been amazing.

This is the most precious meet and greet I've ever seen!! :joyfull:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Day 6 – September 17th

Today was the day I learned the power of a Tsum-Tsum.

We had a morning ADR at Chef Mickey’s and then we would head to Epcot. Julia wanted to wear our family T-shirts today and Hope would be celebrating her “Disney” birthday.

Our reservation wasn’t until 9:30 – so we could have a little breathing room in the morning. Soon enough, we were on our way. We took the bus to MK and then hopped the monorail to the Contemporary.

thumb_IMG_0222_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0225_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0227_1024.jpg

We arrived at Chef Mickey’s and got a pager.

thumb_IMG_0229_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0230_1024.jpg

We had our picture done.

WDWRESORTSANDMORE_CHEFMICKEY1_20160917_7805323169.jpeg
WDWRESORTSANDMORE_CHEFMICKEY1_20160917_7805323166.jpeg
WDWRESORTSANDMORE_CHEFMICKEY1_20160917_7805323173.jpeg

Figment Forever

Original Poster

I was happy we only waited a few minutes and then we were seated. I saw our server from the last couple of years, Robert from NY, and thought about requesting to sit in his section, but didn’t. I didn’t want to have us wait any longer but in hindsight I wish I would have because he is an awesome server

Soon we were stuffing our faces.

thumb_IMG_0232_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0233_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0237_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0239_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0243_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0244_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0270_1024.jpg

thumb_IMG_0235_1024.jpg

They brought me GF waffles and doughnuts – and oh my gosh – the doughnuts were INSANE. So yummy! I asked for more so I could sneak a couple with me for later on! Lol

Figment Forever

Original Poster
Did Hope eat the Mickey face on her cupcake? If I remember correctly, didn't she get extremely upset with Ross on a past trip because he ate the Olaf from a cupcake? I couldn't help but giggle at the memory. :)

lol You have a great memory! This year, she didn't get upset when we ate the character cupcakes or the Mickey waffles. She actually really liked the Mickey waffles. My sister bought Julia a Mickey waffle maker for Christmas so we "practiced" a lot! I think that really helped her. But she did not eat her cupcake at all. Believe it or not, Hope doesn't like desserts except vanilla ice cream and fruit. Sounds strange, offer this kid a piece of chocolate or a piece of broccoli and she will take the green veggie every time!

Asian2000

We were at Hollywood the same time as you! We must have met Kylo and Chewy right before you did, and we opted to watch starwars fireworks instead of Fantasmic that night. I did see you a few times at magic kingdom though:)

blreinsel

lol You have a great memory! This year, she didn't get upset when we ate the character cupcakes or the Mickey waffles. She actually really liked the Mickey waffles. My sister bought Julia a Mickey waffle maker for Christmas so we "practiced" a lot! I think that really helped her. But she did not eat her cupcake at all. Believe it or not, Hope doesn't like desserts except vanilla ice cream and fruit. Sounds strange, offer this kid a piece of chocolate or a piece of broccoli and she will take the green veggie every time!

She is too funny! I wish I preferred green veggies over chocolate! :rolleyes:

Figment Forever

Original Poster
We were at Hollywood the same time as you! We must have met Kylo and Chewy right before you did, and we opted to watch starwars fireworks instead of Fantasmic that night. I did see you a few times at magic kingdom though:)

Oh wow how funny is that? I wish you would have said hi to us at MK!

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Hope made sure to pick up another map. She LOVES maps! She has a workbook – “Maps, Charts & Graphs” that she already finished for the year because she loves to work in it! Lol

thumb_IMG_0315_1024.jpg

We had a FP for Frozen so we walked excitedly towards Norway. Of course, we had to take a detour though our imagination.

thumb_IMG_0320_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0324_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0329_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0331_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0333_1024.jpg

We shopped around in the gift shop where I purchased a Figment oven mitt that I love – even though it doesn’t work very well. Lol I also purchased a T-shirt and Julia picked up the latest edition of the Figment comic book. Hope fed her Tsum-Tsum addiction and cashed in her Disney Dollars for 3 new ones.

Now for the last several years, Julia has been trying to get upstairs to see the remains of the Image Works, especially where the rainbow bridge was. So this year when she heard that the upstairs was made into a DVC lounge, she thought maybe they would let her up there to sneak a peak. Alas – no – they would not allow her up there. She was so disappointed that she actually started to cry as we left the building. She is so into abandoned Disney and it meant so much to her. But the CM would NOT budge.

Figment Forever

Original Poster

Sadly, we made our way to Norway. Hope was so excited to ride the Frozen ride. I had mixed feelings because I, like Julia, do not like change and even though I wasn’t crazy about Maelstrom, I like original things to stay.

As we approached, we noticed no line and the doors were closed. Yep – it was down. We were told a FP replacement would show up on our MDE app. Hope wasn’t too happy, but I was glad – no meltdowns. She understood that something was wrong with the ride and it would open when they got it fixed. But would we get to ride it?

I wanted to stay close for a while just in case they got it going again so we settled for a boat ride with Donald and walked over to Mexico.

thumb_IMG_0338_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0340_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0341_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0342_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0344_1024.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom