Pop Century

mattdenine

Really enjoyed Pop when we stayed there this past April. The lobby has some great memorabilia to look at, the cheesecake and cupcakes like mentioned by others are awesome, I actually found all of the food to be good. I really enjoyed the pool side movies. I wanted to stay at Pop again but will be staying at AOA this time around.

Victor Kelly

Overall a great resort. You will be walking to your room as the parking lots are not that close and are fairly small. IN our case we had luke warm water, not hot water. But those two issues aside, it is a very nice resort, and we will stay there again.

Overall a great resort. You will be walking to your room as the parking lots are not that close and are fairly small. IN our case we had luke warm water, not hot water. But those two issues aside, it is a very nice resort, and we will stay there again.
You would think they could fix that water issue easily. I have heard several people say that but i don't remember it being an issue years ago. Hope they get that fixed!

Philsphan25

Original Poster
I returned a few days ago and had a blast! The Tye-dye cheesecake was good but I will say it wasn't anything amazing (guess I had too high of hopes). We did not have any issues with the room or the resort and I will definitely recommend it and there is a high possibility I will return. We stayed in the 70s section (Big Wheel) looking over the "garden" and it was a pretty awesome sight each morning heading off to breakfast. The only draw back I saw to the resort was breakfasts we crazy with all the people, I have stayed the All-Star Movies a few years ago and the dining hall was no where as busy. We did go down the week of the big Cheerleader National Championship and the Wide World of Sports (which I was unaware of) so I will chalk it up to that.

Kate Alan

I returned a few days ago and had a blast! The Tye-dye cheesecake was good but I will say it wasn't anything amazing (guess I had too high of hopes). We did not have any issues with the room or the resort and I will definitely recommend it and there is a high possibility I will return. We stayed in the 70s section (Big Wheel) looking over the "garden" and it was a pretty awesome sight each morning heading off to breakfast. The only draw back I saw to the resort was breakfasts we crazy with all the people, I have stayed the All-Star Movies a few years ago and the dining hall was no where as busy. We did go down the week of the big Cheerleader National Championship and the Wide World of Sports (which I was unaware of) so I will chalk it up to that.

Glad you had a great time! I've stayed during the Cheerleader competitions as well and you aren't kidding about the breakfasts...the dining hall is ridiculously packed during those times. I ended up taking everyone's order and wading into the fray in the mornings to save them the trouble, lol.

Figmentation

The Cheerleader National Championships are.. I'll say this openly, a gigantic pain in the rear. It is one of the worst times to go because there are so many teenage girls down there. ALL, and I do mean ALL, of the value resorts are filled to the brim, and this lasts 2 weeks at the least as week 1 they are down there for the competition, then week 2 they spend their times at the parts.

It's worse if you are a employee. If you thought the Brazilian tour groups were bad, they have nothing on the cheerleaders.

Philsphan25

Original Poster
If you thought the Brazilian tour groups were bad, they have nothing on the cheerleaders.

We did not have Brazilian tour groups, but we did have the Argentinian Tour Groups. There had to be at least 200 of them and there were all with the "Fifteens" group. Chanting and doing crazy things until at least 11pm every night. So basically the whole resort was filled with girls that were high school aged during the trip but I hadn't realized that it was a two week competition. I noticed the cheerleaders start coming in on Wednesday/Thursday and saw many leave on Monday/Tuesday (And saw the white "National Champion" jackets on Sunday and Monday) so I figured it was more of a long weekend thing.

I could deal with the cheerleaders and their families; they are at least pleasant and respectful. The only draw back with them there was the breakfasts. The Argentinian group I could do without though I will say they were better than many of the Brazilians groups I have run into. I couldn't imagine being a hotel cast member dealing with all of the South American groups on a consistent basis.

Figmentation

We did not have Brazilian tour groups, but we did have the Argentinian Tour Groups. There had to be at least 200 of them and there were all with the "Fifteens" group. Chanting and doing crazy things until at least 11pm every night. So basically the whole resort was filled with girls that were high school aged during the trip but I hadn't realized that it was a two week competition. I noticed the cheerleaders start coming in on Wednesday/Thursday and saw many leave on Monday/Tuesday (And saw the white "National Champion" jackets on Sunday and Monday) so I figured it was more of a long weekend thing.

I could deal with the cheerleaders and their families; they are at least pleasant and respectful. The only draw back with them there was the breakfasts. The Argentinian group I could do without though I will say they were better than many of the Brazilians groups I have run into. I couldn't imagine being a hotel cast member dealing with all of the South American groups on a consistent basis.

Yeah. I worked there for a year for the college program - It's a 2 week long event, because it covers multiple age groups. Course I guess it depends on which group of cheerleaders are there. - There's college level, high school level, and middle school level. Middle and college are fine. High school level however drove me insane.

Middle school have their parents around. College level they were mature enough to know better. High school however do not have parents to stop them as they are not. We had to constantly deal with them cutting in line, leaving ginomous messes in the food courts (In the parks), and even had to break up some fights between schools they were competing against.

But yeah I found them to be worse than any tour group the time I was there.

mf1972

was looking into booking this resort this October. how are the waits for busses to the parks & back to the resort? I always noticed long lines for the return trips. as far as the rooms, are the beds comfy or hard as a rock? thanks for the help.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
was looking into booking this resort this October. how are the waits for busses to the parks & back to the resort? I always noticed long lines for the return trips. as far as the rooms, are the beds comfy or hard as a rock? thanks for the help.
We found the bus service to be excellent. Pop uses the extra-long articulated buses which hold a lot more people. The most we ever waited for a bus to/from a park was maybe 10 minutes. And not having to share a bus (and only making one stop) is great.

Cathyishere

I hear that the rooms have refrigerators in them, but are there small freezers inside of them? We would like to freeze water bottles, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom