Pop Century vs. Coronado Springs vs. Animal Kingdom Lodge

slappy magoo

Well if you're thinking about spending a lot of time at the resort, I'd advise against Pop. As cute as the theming might be, aside from the pools and pool bars there's not much to do, and the rooms are amongst the smallest on property. CSR & AKL would be much better choices for the amenities they provide on site.

Another thought would be Saratoga Springs. I suggest this because it seems you're not so interested in the parks. Going to the pool and resort-hopping is more your speed as you put it. Saratoga Springs has two main pool & a couple of smaller quiet pools. You're walking distance (and a boat ride away) from Disney Springs and all the shopping/dining options they have there. But that means you're also a walk/boat ride away from a "hub" with buses that will take you to other resorts which makes resort hopping a little easier, because otherwise at Pop/CSR/AKL, you have to bus to a park and then bus or use other transportation (depending on the park) to get to the resort you'd like to visit.

luvinthemajik

Hi Jiminy, Great question, so many beautiful places to stay on site, glad you have an opportunity to try it out. DH& I just came from AKL and loved it, everyone's right, rooms are fine, it's the lobby, the food, ( oohhh those aromas,lovely ) the pools, the ambience, Victoria Falls lounge, the animals, oops, Do I sound as though I Loved it? But, that said, We've always enjoyed CS, never found it too big, love the lush grounds and easy walks to get to bus, pools,main lobby, good food at grab and go or sit down, I've heard mixed reviews about construction noise, haven't been since the refurb, but would def. Go again. Have also done all the Values, fav. Is Pop, theming is cute, imaginative and flat out fun. Pool is great, our GKs " opened" Hippy Dippy early one morning, the CM's there are are awesome. Great food court, again, would stay again, no question. We are trying out wherever we can this year to round out our own experiences on site.I look forward to reading what you choose and wish you all the magic!:happy:

Sunset7132

There is no comparison from the pop resort to the animal Kingdom Lodge ,if you plan on spending a lot of time at the hotel I would do a akl without a doubt,you see animals from your balcony, in a moderate resort you see walls

Spike-in-Berlin

We stayed at all three. Pop is a classic, some rooms, depends which buildings are however quite run down, but they are refurbishing the entire resort with a new room design in the coming years, which looks quite interesting though a little sterile. Of course, being a value it is difficult to compare with a moderate, not to mention a deluxe. At least in theory. We HATE the AKL, the architecture may be quite impressive (Main building with the lobby I mean) but the room we spent just one night in before we were moved to the YC on our demand, was the WORST room ever in a hotel, a dusted, cobwebbed dirthole with lampshades that looked like we were in the Haunted Mansion. The manager was shocked when he saw the room. Actually we call this experience the "HM room" since this terrible night. We liked the CSR though, a huge main pool with nice theming, good bus service and we liked the main building.

slappy magoo

You cannot compare Value vs Moderate vs Deluxe resorts.
Generally that's true but I'd argue, based on the fact that it has a few sit-down restaurants, more options for room service beyond pizza, and a gym that provides spa services, and some actual night life via the Lounge that provides dancing at night, Coronado is the Disney moderate that's closest to being a Disney deluxe. And even though AKL is a deluxe, its standard rooms (like Wilderness Lodge) are amongst the smallest of any standard rooms in the Disney Deluxe category, slightly bigger than the rooms at Coronado (AKL is 344 sq ft, Coronado is 314).

Between the two I'd choose AKL (disclaimer, I am a DVC member so paying for lodging, with the exception of arriving a night early, rarely factors into our stays). But out of all of the mods, I'd prob pick CSR because it's the closest to feeling like a Deluxe, in resort amenities if not in room amenities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom