Pop Century Breakfast Question

cls4016

Does anyone know if the Pop Food Court offers EggBeaters as an alternative to real eggs for breakfast? Or if not does anyone know if it is possible to get just egg whites cooked? My wife anf I just started a high protein/ low carb / low cholesterol nutrition plan and this would be a huge help if they did. Thanks for any info!

firedog31

I do not know but I Am in the same boat as you. I know when we go and just as an idea, you can by electric pans or skillets and we were planning on doion them in our room. Eggbeaters are just as good as regular eggs, most of the people that ahve tried them are surprised.

Upvote 0

Cole'sMom

I know for a fact they have Egg Beaters at the POP. I got scrambled EB's in May. I am on a low-fat diet-WW-and you have to ask for the spray to be used on the pan, otherwise they will use oil-and a lot of it to boot!! Have a good trip!
ETA-Crystal Palace has EB's as well. The omelet was very good there!

Upvote 0

cls4016

Original Poster
I know for a fact they have Egg Beaters at the POP. I got scrambled EB's in May. I am on a low-fat diet-WW-and you have to ask for the spray to be used on the pan, otherwise they will use oil-and a lot of it to boot!! Have a good trip!
ETA-Crystal Palace has EB's as well. The omelet was very good there!

Thanks a bunch for this response! Now all I have to do is cook our turkey bacon in the microwave at the Food Court and we will be set. :lol:

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

I do not know but I Am in the same boat as you. I know when we go and just as an idea, you can by electric pans or skillets and we were planning on doion them in our room. Eggbeaters are just as good as regular eggs, most of the people that ahve tried them are surprised.

Can you use electric skillets/pans in the hotel room? I know microwaves are prohibited.

Uhhh no. No, they are not allowed. Just because people bring them, does not make them permitted. It's people like that who make me worry to be sleeping in the same hotel as them....

Upvote 0

wdwCC

Does anyone know if the Pop Food Court offers EggBeaters as an alternative to real eggs for breakfast? Or if not does anyone know if it is possible to get just egg whites cooked? My wife anf I just started a high protein/ low carb / low cholesterol nutrition plan and this would be a huge help if they did. Thanks for any info!
I was wondering the same thing.

Upvote 0

cls4016

Original Poster
Oh this doesn't sound fun at all!!! :brick:

I though the exact same thing whenI started this plan, but it's actually not that bad. I've been doing the nutrition and fitness plan with a trainer for almost 6 months and its pretty much my lifestyle now. I've lost almost 50 lbs of fat and gained 10lbs of lean muscle in that time and don't plan on going back. The high protein and low fat/carbs that are in the eggbeaters and turkey bacon give you a huge energy boost that lasts most of the day. By contrast, I've learned that just a muffin or cereal or another high carb meal with no protein in the morning is the worst thing you can do.

PS. Some of the turkey bacon on the market tastes very good now. Examples are Louis Rich, Oscar Meyer, and Jimmy Dean. Some still tastes like cardboard (Jennie-O).

Upvote 0

DisneyWall-E

mmmm I love leathery microwave turkey bacon. jk. i use the precooked bacon and pop it in the microwave and it comes out just fine. anyway. Hope you have a magical fat free time on your trip.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

I though the exact same thing whenI started this plan, but it's actually not that bad. I've been doing the nutrition and fitness plan with a trainer for almost 6 months and its pretty much my lifestyle now. I've lost almost 50 lbs of fat and gained 10lbs of lean muscle in that time and don't plan on going back. The high protein and low fat/carbs that are in the eggbeaters and turkey bacon give you a huge energy boost that lasts most of the day. By contrast, I've learned that just a muffin or cereal or another high carb meal with no protein in the morning is the worst thing you can do.

PS. Some of the turkey bacon on the market tastes very good now. Examples are Louis Rich, Oscar Meyer, and Jimmy Dean. Some still tastes like cardboard (Jennie-O).

Ok...what do you eat for breakfast on your "on the go" days? I usually always pick the low fat items when available...but my problem is I don't have the TIME to make eggs in the morning before work. I usually have a breakfast hot pocket (which is low calorie but doesn't do much when it comes to energh) or have a bowl of plain cherrios...which gets very boring!

Upvote 0

cls4016

Original Poster
Ok...what do you eat for breakfast on your "on the go" days? I usually always pick the low fat items when available...but my problem is I don't have the TIME to make eggs in the morning before work. I usually have a breakfast hot pocket (which is low calorie but doesn't do much when it comes to energh) or have a bowl of plain cherrios...which gets very boring!

I thought the same thing! I started getting up about 15 min early to get the eggs ready. Believe it or not, thats all the longer it takes. pour some eggbeaters with one whole egg in a pan, put the bacon in the micro for 1:30, toast a piece of wheat bread, all at the same time. Done in about 10 min. If I do really have no time I can grab a meal replacement protein shake with a 1/2 banana or tbsp peanut butter. For those that don't like the powdered make yourself shake mix, there is Muscle Milk, pre mixed protein shake. They even sell these at convenience stores and gas stations! You could also have a meal replacement protein bar.

Before doing this plan I was under the impression that all protein shakes and bars were stomach wrenching fuel for muscle heads. But I found that companies have made great strides in making these products taste VERY (in some cases) good. They have also begun marketing them to those of us who are not competition weightlifters. They even sell them at Walmart and Sam's Club! (Although they are still in the health and beauty aisle instead of by the other food for some reason.)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom