Poor Carousel Of Progress

Raineman

Original Poster
Is it weird that every time I've walked past CoP and seen absolutely no one in line, it makes me kinda sad? Tucked away in the corner, just beside the hub of Tomorrowland, sitting there all lonely and forlorn lol. I don't think it's a bad ride at all, but I think it is in serious need of a refurb. It was one of the first rides I went on during my first trip to WDW in 1990, so it definitely holds some nostalgia for me.

sbkline

Why does everything think it is sad for a ride not to have any lines? With all of this business with having to get your FP+ a month out (if staying offsite) or two months out (if staying onsite), and having to worry about all the fastpasses being gone, I think it is nice to have some rides where I am guaranteed to get on without having to mess with all this fastpass stuff. I think we should be thankful that there are still a few rides that we can just walk onto with no problem now that they are making it so you practically have to book a fastpass for the bathroom 2 months out.

SDisney90

At first I was concerned because you're right I saw little to no one in line. When I finally decided to take a whirl at it it is now one of my favorite attractions to sit, relax and enjoy a good show. I love it so much, I have the audio on my iPod ;)

AndyS2992

Why would IASW move to Epcot? I know Disney tries to force things in that park that don't belong, but IASW is a stretch...
People seem to think it is because of World Showcase, and It's a Small World is essentially World Showcase The Ride so it'll fit better there, it won't happen so don't worry lol

CoP I can see happening but again, it won't.

Daniel Johnson

I love IaSW, I love the hall of presidents. The nostalgia is something that gets me in the feels. My father loved both those rides...alot, and he passed that on to me.

As much as he loved CoP...I just can't. On the flip side...it's great for a nap

Chef Mickey

Honestly, seeing no line is not an indication it's not popular or unloved.

It's an amazing system of moving people, just like the omnimover concept. COP can churn through guests because of its ingenuous deign. If you get there and there is no line, it just rotated 5 minutes ago and could seat well over 100 guests. It's constantly eating the crowds, so it's hard to judge how crowded it really is. I see people going in all the time.

I have gotten a private viewing several times late at night, however.

dukeaboy

My first trip to the magic kingdom was in 1978...i loved cop then and love it now...to me its a true classic....being a kid in the 70's i was amazed with cop and really everything the magic kingdom had to offer...however with todays technology kids have more and can see more then anything i could have dreamed of when i was a kid....could explain the low attendance....to me its what disney is all about.....hope it gets the attention it deserves....

Tinkerbella16

CoP is one of the classics that I love and adore! It just never gets old to me. If it never gets a refurb, I will be happy because it is Walts classic creation. Me and my BIL will watch it on youtube just to say the scenes from it since we know it word for word. LOL I used to hate when it was only seasonal! I also love that the line is always short, every 5 minutes it rotates so the line will never really be long unless you are there during holidays when the park is just crazy crowded.

CaptainAmerica

I don't think it gets refurbished because even with a refurb, most people wouldn't ride it. Hell, before I became a Disney dork I thought it was as boring and cheesy as the American Adventure, and most people seem to feel as such.
CoP is far more boring and cheesy than American Adventure. You don't like that show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom