polynesian

madhatter

We have reservations for a lagoon view room in the Tahiti building at the Polynesian, and I was wondering if the Lagoon View is really worth the $500 extra (as compared to nine nights in a garden view room).

DisneyPhD

We stayed at Tokelau (offically a garden view). We had a fine view of GF, but the plam trees kept us from easily seeing the castle and fireworks. Just to warn you, the electric water pagent runs every night at 9pm (or at least it did when we were there) which is neat the first couple of nights but it is very LOUD. We could hear it plain as day (and see parts of it) from our room with the doorwall closed. IMO it's much more romantic to sit in a hammock on the beach to watch the fireworks. $500 can buy a lot of souvenirs (a couple of park hopper tickets, a few drinks, some good food). But hey to wake up and see the MK is priceless. How's that for a mixed review.

Upvote 0

lamarvenoy

The polys nice, and so is the grand fl. but the BEST view out of all of trips is easily the Contemporary Tower, the higher the floor the better. We have stayed there the last 3 times, its not cheap but it is spectacular. you can wake up anytime of the night and see tommorland all lit up purple and the firework show from your balcony rivals an view in my opinion... i need to make some resorvations.

Upvote 0

gepetto

I prefer the GV rooms at Polynesian. The ones in Aeroteara that overlook the monorail were great. I never get tired of watching the monorails go by.

You must have gotten a good rate.....$500 more for 9 nights isn't bad. Every time I check rates for LV they tend to be about $100/night more than GV.:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom