Polynesian questions?

Krcarson13

Original Poster
Hello all,
We are kicking around possibly staying at the Poly this Oct. we have stayed at the WL the sat 2 years. My question is what longhouses are the best. We book standard rooms so I don't need opinions on concierge level. I was thinking maybe Rarotonga or the Niue but I am not sure. Convenience to everything is what we are looking for.
Thanks for your help and suggestions

docdebbi

we loved nuie because it is right at the Great Ceremonial House. it rained- i'm talking drenching torrential rains most of our trip, there is a covered walkway from GCH to Nuie so we could get dropped off at the front door and carry heavy sleeping kids to our room without getting them wet and waking them. Obviously first floor was ideal for this.
also great for someone running over to Cap't Cooks and bring lunch back, still warm, while we sat in the room with kids napping.
also our "garden view" opened right onto a plot of grass that was right at the pool, we had a lovely ground level patio right there, kids could run around and we could see the beautiful pool. and the ducks came right up to our sliding glass door and begged for food- had the kids laughing hysterically the whole time.
there's my vote, i'm sure lots of folks have favorite buildings, but that's my two cents worth.

Bowler Hat Girl

I stayed @ Poly for the first time in September, and we were in the Tokelau building. I loved it--it had a great location, not even a 5-minute walk to the GCH, close to parking, and the quiet pool was right outside. The room was HUGE, and even though it was a little outdated (wallpaper peeling), it was so worth it. Garden view, first floor w/ a great patio, perfect to watch an afternoon thunderstorm :D

bethymouse

check out tikimanpages.com. He has all of the information you'll need.:D
allearsnet gives some good longhouse info too.
We stayed in Aeroteroa across from Figi ( there was a cute black cat the CM named Figi)- it was fairly close to everything.
I wanted the Samoa longhouse, but it was being "refurbished".
If you want to be close to the TTC, then Rapa Nui is nice away from the "crowds", but it is quite a walk to the Great Ceremonial house.;)
Enjoy being in paradise!:)

TrolleyFollower91

I would push for Tokelau! The rooms are much bigger than Niue (there's an extra chair to sit in) and it is a super convenient walk to both the GCH and TTC. It's also pretty easy to cut through other buildings to get to the GCH if it is raining. Also, depending on room location you may be able to walk to the end of the longhouse to watch Wishes every night :D. And don't forget the Electrical Water Pageant! The only downside to Tokelau is the horns from the Ferry, but honestly we were in Tuvalu (by the Luau) and could still hear them! I actually find them kind of relaxing. :)

Also, check out tikiman's website- great resource! Have a blast at Poly!

Bowler Hat Girl

I would push for Tokelau! The rooms are much bigger than Niue (there's an extra chair to sit in)

Absolutely. I tried to take a picture of the room in Tokelau but really, you may still not be able to get how big it is from this. The extra chair is off to the left (mostly cut off). They could just as easily have fit in a third bed there.

DSC05296 by Bowler Hat Girl, on Flickr

Krcarson13

Original Poster
Some great advice thank you. I have looked at tiki mans website and all ears but I was looking for real reviews and you guys are certainly delivering thank you and keep them coming!!!

dabub

I've stayed there three times and have always opted for Tahiti longhouse for a couple of reasons. First, from what I've read the rooms are larger than some of the other longhouses. Second, it is a quick walk to TTC to catch the monorails to Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Third, if it matters to you, the upper floors have balconies unlike some of the other longhouses.

bluejasmine

We stayed at Poly twice but in the Hawaii building ( Club level) had a 40% off Pin both times.. The view from our room and the lounge was amazing!! Best view in all of WDW!

luv

"Best" is subjective. My favorite is an upper floor in Tuvalu with a water view.

Niue is close to both pools and close to the Great Ceremonial House (lobby, shops, restaurants, bar). I've stayed in Niue. It's a good location. I would choose it over Raratonga. If its raining, you'll have a quick run before you're back inside. :)

Although nothing is guaranteed and you don't necessarily get to pick, my guess is that if you request Niue, you'll get it. :)

Missymoe4

We stayed at Roratonga and enjoyed that it was literally a step away from the GCH. We faced the pool, but the other side of the longhouse are the rooms are treated to the monorail whizz ing past the rooms. On the one side is the GCH and on the other side are the laundry facilities.

The walk to the boat dock is probably shout 3 minutes or shorter.

Honestly, the Poly is pretty compact and there is not a bad room in the resort. We enjoyed taking the boat to MK, and found that we arrived there in an easier and time wise manner. The monorail was taking forever. But, for dinig purposes and shopping, it was extremely nice to be right by the GCH and swing by there when were hungry.

Have a fabulous time on your trip!!

luv

...Honestly, the Poly is pretty compact and there is not a bad room in the resort...

Have a fabulous time on your trip!!
This is a really good point. The Poly isn't quite as big as it looks in pics and on maps. It is big enough...and Tuvalu can seem like quite the walk at the end of the day (especially if you're coming from the TTC)...but don't spend too much time worrying about walking.

I did enjoy being in Niue, though...being close to both pools and the GCH was nice, as was a quick run between the raindrops.

KarenKlo

Poly is our favorite resort!! We prefer Hawaii CL and a Theme park view from the 3rd floor. Nothing like watching wishes on your balcony in your PjS when the kids were little! We are not going to stay there until the DVC constrction is complete. Ours boys love the pool and sometime this year they are closing it to remodel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom