Polynesian lobby is now open

durangojim

Original Poster
Didn't see it mentioned, but @tikiman has pics. Looks ok to me, not bad but not great. Also I don't see a statue on top of the fountain like in the concept pics.

DisneyKiwi

--taken from my post in the other thread --
Judging just from the photos of the new lobby and taking into account I live in Aoteroa, and have been to the other Polynesian islands many times (except Hawaii). The thing that stands out at me most is that it doesn't look Polynesian, the old lobby was a much better fit for the theme.

YoJDew

I'm here now and it looks beautiful. I don't know what it looked like before and I'm sure it'll look different after the holidays but right now it's very pretty and open and bright.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 154

POLY LOVER

I have been a long time visitor to the Polynesian Hotel. I loved the water fall and the lobby. It had a wow factor and a great feel when you walked in the door. Whoever designed the new look should lose their job. They have taken a Disney Icon hotel and made it ordinary. The pile of rocks that replaced the huge waterfall is just horrible. The designer and those that thought the lobby was a good idea have no idea at all about this hotel and its history. THEY RUINED THE POLY!!!!! no ifs and or buts.
I think DISNEY is losing it. This makes makes me very sad to see the poly in its present form. They ruined a family tradition for me.

POLY LOVER

Those who loved and cared about the POLY should email the Disney PR department and let them know they failed terribly on this one.
Lets get the lobby restored back to a look that we can love again. I understand change but this change is not a good one. They are always taking surveys so they want feedbck lets give them some.

polynesiangirl

It's...meh. Definitely not as grand and special as it used to be. I made sure to get a family pic in front of it last time we were there before they started the refurb. Sigh.

I guess it could have been worse. I'll be interested to see it in person.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom