Poly or GF in August

princess_k

Original Poster
We currently have a reservation booked for late August at the Poly, but now that I’m reading the monorail station might not be open by then, we’re trying to decide whether to change to the GF. With a little one in a stroller, we were looking forward to the convenience of having the monorail right there. Anyone in the same boat?

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Does wishing I was in the same boat count?

I love the Poly, but if I could afford to do GF, in this particular instance with the monorail situation, I would definitely opt for the GF.

Have fun.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I'm staying Poly in late August.
The fact that the rooms will have been refurbed and only open for about 5 weeks is enough to make me stay lol.
I certainly would not change due to the monorail station potentially not being operational.
You could walk to GF or TTC or just walk to MK.
Also as far as I'm aware the monorail is still not going to EPCOT so we are just talking MK here.

princess_k

Original Poster
Thanks to you both for your advice! This is a splurge trip for us after not doing a whole lot the last year so we just want to make sure it’s a special one - plus we’ve never been with a little one.

jmargarone27

I say GF, yes the rooms are refurbed at the Poly (although I’m not a fan, new is nice) but you can’t use the monorail. And I don’t know about you, but walking to the TTC or GF to catch the monorail in the dead of summer does not sound fun to me. I feel that’s the biggest perk of staying on the monorail line is to be able to use it!

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I say GF, yes the rooms are refurbed at the Poly (although I’m not a fan, new is nice) but you can’t use the monorail. And I don’t know about you, but walking to the TTC or GF to catch the monorail in the dead of summer does not sound fun to me. I feel that’s the biggest perk of staying on the monorail line is to be able to use it!

IDK I never used the monorail to get to or from MK when I stayed at the Contemporary.
And like I said its still not running from TTC to EPCOT to my knowledge so there's really not as much of an advantage currently.
As I mentioned I'm staying in late August and my plan is to walk or don't they also have a boat from Poly to MK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom