Poly/GCH smell has returned (for now)

nate0239

Original Poster
Been reading these threads for years and enjoy everyone's passion. I'm not much of a poster but I had to share one thing about my trip from this past week.

I always try to dine at Kona Cafe during every trip. After walking into the GCH I noticed a smell very reminiscent of the "old" lobby smell. I was kinda taken aback by this discovery (in a good way). It brought back so many memories. I went down to the front desk and asked if I was, in fact, smelling what I thought I was smelling. He said I indeed was. Turns out the cartridge of the fake bambo scented air freshener they've been using for a few years now ran out. He said no smell was being pumped in (temporarily).

It made my trip so if anyone is in the Poly area and misses the smell as much as I do -- take advantage of this opportunity while you can!

pixargal

That is fantastic news? How long ago were you there? We went to O'hana's at the beginning of March and the smell was still there. I went to the nice young man at the concierge desk and told him that the fake smell was awful and that many people wanted the old smell to return. I politely asked him to pass along that request to someone who could make a difference. My poor husband was so embarrassed by what I did. I can now let him know that my talk made the difference!:)

Figments Friend

When i visited in late January of this year, all i could smell was what i thought to be the plants and overall scent of a established, healthy garden with water feature. It was nice....organic smelling. Not for once did it give the impression of being a artificial scent.

Now i am wondering.....

...does this mean i have savored the delight of *original Poly smell*..?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
When i visited in late January of this year, all i could smell was what i thought to be the plants and overall scent of a established, healthy garden with water feature. It was nice....organic smelling. Not for once did it give the impression of being a artificial scent.

Now i am wondering.....

...does this mean i have savored the delight of *original Poly smell*..?

I will say a qualifying "almost." As a longtime Poly repeat guest with a sensitive nose, the original smell is embedded in the recesses of my brain. Unfortunately, so is the fake heavy-perfume added scent of late. When I entered the GCH on May 4, I was delighted that the most prominent scent was the "real" one. However, over the course of my week's stay I could detect traces of the added scent. So not sure if they are back to adding a smaller amount of the fake stuff or if the fake stuff has lingered and is now mixed with the real...

(Boy, only a true Poly nut would dissect the components of the aroma of the GCH, LOL)

captainkidd

Did they ever give a reason for pumping the fake scent in? I don't know anyone who ever complained about the GCH's real scent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom