Poly Bungalows

RR 88

Original Poster
I posted this in another thread, but it is probably better suited here.

I've heard some anecdotal evidence that some DVC members who had booked studios at the Poly were being upgraded to bungalows, because not enough bungalows were being sold via DVC or cash. If true, I'm wondering which of the following it could be attributed to:

1. A lack of immediate demand; meaning the current number of large point contract holders expect three bedroom accommodations and are not using their points for the two bedroom bungalows (which are the same number of points as the grand Floridian three bedroom grand villas.) In this situation, a few more months of Poly specific sales should stop the surplus.

2. DVC has found the ceiling for what consumers are willing to pay for two bedroom accommodations. This may have an impact on the current wilderness lodge project.

3. The reports of such upgrades are malarkey; there is no man behind the curtain.

Any first hand or expert info would be appreciated :)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
There is simply no way that I can see someone getting a free upgrade from a studio to a bungalow. Any DVC upgrade at any resort is extremely rare. If something happened to the room, and no other studio was available, they might move them to a different resort, and maybe an upgrade to a 1 bedroom, but that would be the extent of it.

Oh, and I checked the DVC site for availability of a bungalow, and there is nothing available at all. I would think that person is lying, just like someone stating that a CM allowed them to get unlimited FP+ reservations, even though many CMs came on to say that it was impossible, and the system would never allow it.

RR 88

Original Poster
Good call on checking the availability, I should have checked the DVC availability tool before posting this. It appears bungalow availability is indeed very limited...

Malarkey it is!

Sparky359621

Some of the bungalows have to be sold by cash and are unable to be booked by points. So maybe those are the ones that are open and people are being upgraded into those.

RR 88

Original Poster
And were then given an exclusive detailed presentation of the upcoming DHS makeover...

I'm relatively new at this, am I able to close a thread that I started, or am I like a Dr. Frankenthread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom