Poly, BLT, or Beach Club?

freesvoice

Original Poster
Doing a split stay in February: 3 nights at Copper CreeK WL and 3 nights at one of the above mentioned resorts. We've never even stepped foot on Poly, Contemporary (BLT) or Beach Club grounds so looking for personal opinions/experiences and why. Seeking best hotel overall experience between theming, location and transportation. Thanks in advance!

Side note: maybe bay lake tower isn't the greatest idea because I literally want a BLT every time I type it...

Last edited:
All are great hotels but here are some reasons to stay at each.
-Beach Club: Best WDW Resort Pool, Walking Distance To Epcot and Not To Far From DHS, Can Take Boat To Both Epcot and DHS, ALOT Of Restaurants In The Vicinity, Especially At The Boardwalk and Dolphin And Swan
-Polynesian: Attached To Monorail, Ohana's Restaurant (One The Best On Property), Trader Sam's If You Like Drinking, Also Really Nice Recently Redone Volcano Pool.
-Contemporary: Attached To Monorail, Probably Some Of The Best Firework Views You Will Get Resort-Wide, Walking Distance To Magic Kingdom.

Whichever you choose, there all great in my opinion.

freesvoice

Original Poster
All are great hotels but here are some reasons to stay at each.
-Beach Club: Best WDW Resort Pool, Walking Distance To Epcot and Not To Far From DHS, Can Take Boat To Both Epcot and DHS, ALOT Of Restaurants In The Vicinity, Especially At The Boardwalk and Dolphin And Swan
-Polynesian: Attached To Monorail, Ohana's Restaurant (One The Best On Property), Trader Sam's If You Like Drinking, Also Really Nice Recently Redone Volcano Pool.
-Contemporary: Attached To Monorail, Probably Some Of The Best Firework Views You Will Get Resort-Wide, Walking Distance To Magic Kingdom.

Whichever you choose, there all great in my opinion.
Thanks, good info! Are kids allowed at Trader Sam's? Would love to have a drink there, and get a fun virgin one for our little dude but not sure it's that allowed/appropriate.

correcaminos

Good question, should have included that info - two adults and a four year old.
I'll be honest with a kid that age I'd hold off on BC for now. While my kid has loved Epcot and such from a young age, I find the pool at BC to be overwhelming with a younger one.

Question about the room type then. You mention BLT, are you renting a DVC room? If so what size? If you say studio I will automatically say Polynesian which is what I lean towards anyway with a kid that age. The studios at BLT are so tiny.

freesvoice

Original Poster
I'll be honest with a kid that age I'd hold off on BC for now. While my kid has loved Epcot and such from a young age, I find the pool at BC to be overwhelming with a younger one.

Question about the room type then. You mention BLT, are you renting a DVC room? If so what size? If you say studio I will automatically say Polynesian which is what I lean towards anyway with a kid that age. The studios at BLT are so tiny.
This is the kind of info I need! I've done some research and know the major pros and cons of each place but hoping to learn more from personal experience. My kid is a busy body and while a super awesome pool sounds great, trying to keep track of him in such a large space while he is still learning to swim is a little overwhelming. Would hate to stay there for their best feature and not be able to fully enjoy it. Maybe in a few years when he is a little more self sufficient and a practiced swimmer (he just turned 4).

Yes to renting DVC points. Yes to requesting a studio. Good to know about the BLT studios! Poly is making more and more sense.

correcaminos

This is the kind of info I need! I've done some research and know the major pros and cons of each place but hoping to learn more from personal experience. My kid is a busy body and while a super awesome pool sounds great, trying to keep track of him in such a large space while he is still learning to swim is a little overwhelming. Would hate to stay there for their best feature and not be able to fully enjoy it. Maybe in a few years when he is a little more self sufficient and a practiced swimmer (he just turned 4).

Yes to renting DVC points. Yes to requesting a studio. Good to know about the BLT studios! Poly is making more and more sense.
Since it's DVC and we've had studios in all three locations, it is a no brainer to me to pick Polynesian. The studios there are the only ones I will ever stay in again due to us loving our space now lol. The studio at BCV is okay - not horrible, but can feel cramped when the bed is pulled out. As I said BLT is tiny. Two adults were in it the last time we had one and even then it felt tight for us. Polynesian are the largest and have the 2 bathing options (stand alone shower and bath/shower). They also have the Murphy bed which is so much nicer to deal with than the pull out couch. No need to make up a sofa bed, just pull the bed up and down.

I do think waiting a few years for BC pool is a good idea. We did after one trip we decided it was too much with really young ones. It's actually not our favorite pool since it is so crowded, so spread out and chairs are hard to come by (and literally so close you cannot get on them easily unless on the end).

BLT's pool is small and has a cute splash area for little kids. The walk to MK is okay but isn't very shaded and can feel a bit exposed if it's super sunny out. The ride to Epcot isn't bad, but the ride back is slightly annoying having to make all of those stops. The walk to the bus stop is a bit long, but not bad.

Polynesian's play area is better IMO and the pool is larger and a family favorite. Also the location I like. You can easily walk to the TTC to take the ferry or monorail wherever you want to go. So to get to MK we usually just take the ferry. To get to Epcot we walk to the TTC and skip the monorail ride around the resorts. The DVC rooms aren't far from the bus stop.

Beach Club is a nice walk to Epcot - very quick and the entrance to Epcot from there is nice. You can walk to/from DHS as well, but that is a hike sort of. We had issues with the buses our last trip getting to MK. The focus really seemed to be on AK. The resort is slightly removed from BC itself. easy walk to the marketplace but kind of far from the main pool anyway.

So saying all of this, that's why I would pick the Polynesian. Do the BC later when the pool will be easier. We waited a while for ours to get to be stronger swimmers. Polynesian has 2 pools and both are better suited for little ones learning to swim. BLT's pool is good for that too, but smaller.

Done rambling for now. We have obviously stayed at all 3 and love each for their own reasons :)

freesvoice

Original Poster
Perfect! Thanks @helenabear ! Pretty sure that settles it for Poly. Plus this will be the second part of our trip and the way I look at it the best part about BLT is being able to walk to MK... but by then we will have already been to MK so the need to get there quickly and often should be diminished a bit. Or diminished enough to not mind the ride over. We have good friends that swear by Beach Club so no doubt it's in our future. And perhaps we will save BLT for a couple's only visit so we can soak in the fireworks and dine at California Grille. Thanks for the advice!

correcaminos

Perfect! Thanks @helenabear ! Pretty sure that settles it for Poly. Plus this will be the second part of our trip and the way I look at it the best part about BLT is being able to walk to MK... but by then we will have already been to MK so the need to get there quickly and often should be diminished a bit. Or diminished enough to not mind the ride over. We have good friends that swear by Beach Club so no doubt it's in our future. And perhaps we will save BLT for a couple's only visit so we can soak in the fireworks and dine at California Grille. Thanks for the advice!
Glad to help! I should add that BCV will have the murphy bed as well but I find the table being in front of it to be a hindrance to use. I do love BC and we had 2 trips there this year, but we did wait to do it again after not being as happy with the pool with a not as strong of swimmer.

BLT location is very nice, and I would say some day go for a 1 bedroom if you can swing it, though maybe not since once you go up to a 1 bedroom it is harder to go back LOL

hooch

Love all three. I'd do Polynesian unless adults want to spend some time at World Showcase. So nice to be able to walk over there and BC is really pretty. But Poly is a classic, and, monorail! Poly has nice and spacious rooms too :)

HansGruber

BLT...
Monorail to two parks.
Walk to MK.
Fireworks at night.
Water parade.
24 hour cafe...with an actual variety of food (unless that has changed in the past few years).

correcaminos

BLT...
Monorail to two parks.
Walk to MK.
Fireworks at night.
Water parade.
24 hour cafe...with an actual variety of food (unless that has changed in the past few years).
Captain Cook's at Polynesian is 24 hours. Contempo Café is 6am-12am so not 24 hours. So another win for Polynesians LOL

I will say I think the view from BLT vs Polynesian for the fireworks isn't near as good. I don't like the side view personally.

JusticeDisney

Beach Club, all day every day.

And your son is not too young for Stormalong Bay. There are so many areas where you can swim to and find total peace, including kiddie pool sections.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Beach Club, all day every day.

And your son is not too young for Stormalong Bay. There are so many areas where you can swim to and find total peace, including kiddie pool sections.
To clarify I am not saying you cannot take younger kids, but at 4 my experience is that kids are too big for the baby pool and too little for big pools that aren't zero entry. That's just our experience though. Storm Along Bay wasn't fun and kind of stressful with a younger one. We opted for quiet pools instead.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom