Please help!

alo1984

I'm trying to convince my wife that for 200 extra we can stay at Disney rather than off-site. She is not buying the 200 extra is worth actually being on property. Every time I try to explain my reasoning I fail. Please help and give me some good reasons to convince her to stay on property!

CAPTAIN HOOK

If its only going to cost you an extra $200 TOTAL then I can't understand your wifes reluctance. However, there is a credit crunch going on and it may be that $200 is a huge amount at the moment :shrug:

Upvote 0

sueuk

If you are planning to go between end of Aug - 3rd Oct this year , you will get the Dining Plan free. This MORE than covers the $200!!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
On-site -------------- Off-Site

Magical Express free ---- Rental car or not-always reliable or clean shuttle
Disney Transportation -- Parking $12/day Gas for rental Hassle of driving
EMH Park access ------- Regular park hours, no more
Disney themed resort --- Hotel chic
Disney Security 24/7 --- ???

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you can throw a few facts our way we can come up with some real hard numbers for you.

When are you traveling?
How long are you staying?
Where are you staying?
Are you renting a car?
Are you flying in?
Are you doing anything off property such as Sea World, Universal, etc?

Upvote 0

KristieLC

depending on the time you are going, there may also be a discount available that hasn't yet been announced. That happened to us. We figured it would be between 100 and 200 more to stay on property. We factored in a lot of what was mentioned above - extra gas, parking per day, paying out of pocket for meals instead of using the meal plan and all of that. We decided to stay on despite it being a little more because neither of us ever have. Well after a discount was announced we wound us saving an additional $500, so it turned out to be cheaper than staying off. Even if it had been more, it totally would have been worth it. We loved being able to take advantage of the PM extra magic hours and it was very convenient.

Upvote 0

juscet

Transportation to and from your resort (on a regular basis)
Extra Magic Hours
No traffic jams
(depending on when you go) will not be shut out from the parks, if they reach capacity
Disney Resorts theming is great
It's just the way to go (this probably won't convince her)
:)

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

:wave:
I would definitely spend the extra $200 to stay on property!
Besides all the perks you get staying at a Disney resort (EMH, ME, resort transportation, etc), there is NOTHING like staying right in the middle of the magic!
It gives you a feeling, a sense of being at home, that you just can't beat!

Good luck!

Upvote 0

wdsmile

I'm trying to convince my wife that for 200 extra we can stay at Disney rather than off-site. She is not buying the 200 extra is worth actually being on property. Every time I try to explain my reasoning I fail. Please help and give me some good reasons to convince her to stay on property!

We have made eighteen trips to WDW and we would never stay off-site. Aside from the WDW transportation options, break in the middle of the day options and proximity to dining options offered by staying on grounds, one of the biggest gifts of a WDW vacation on grounds is to be totally immersed in Disney. Staying on grounds means you are part of the whole experience and the "outside world" just does not have to exist for the term of your stay, unless you choose otherwise. Spend the $200 - you will never, ever regret it.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I don't mean to sound crass, but have you simply tried telling your wife that you would really prefer to stay on-property? My wife & I have to discuss finances just like the rest of you, but if either one of us ever says "I'd really like to do the more expensive way" then the only thing that would stop us from doing it that way is if we just flat-out couldn't afford it. If the $200 difference is a hardship...eff it, do what kids do, say it could be your early and/or late birthday and/or Xmas gift,that difference in price.

Upvote 0

dazzer68

depends how long your going for?
if its $200 for the night i would agree either, but a week for $200 sure,
transportation, extra magic hours, convience, room charging, shopping sent to room, free parking at parks, great resorts and pools, disney service.admission even if parks full, plus you have the whole immersive experince of bieing in disney, and not leaving to go back to off site hotel.
sounds a bargain to me. good luck.
ps where do you want to stay on property?

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I stay off site more than I stay on site - but when I do stay on site the trip is so much more fun. Off site, you only feel that you're at Disney when you go to the parks or to Downtown Disney. On site, you feel that you're on Disney 24/7.

I only feel it's a true Disney trip when I'm staying on property. The decor, restaurants, transportation are all Disney related. The whole trip overall is more magical. Not to mention the free transportation, dining plans, free dining, Magical Express, 4/3 deal and everything else that has already been said. Just have your wife come on here & read the responses you've gotten. That might help persuade her.

No matter what you end up doing - it's still Disney and you'll have a great time! :)

Upvote 0

wdwmomof3

I stay off site more than I stay on site - but when I do stay on site the trip is so much more fun. Off site, you only feel that you're at Disney when you go to the parks or to Downtown Disney. On site, you feel that you're on Disney 24/7.

I only feel it's a true Disney trip when I'm staying on property. The decor, restaurants, transportation are all Disney related. The whole trip overall is more magical. Not to mention the free transportation, dining plans, free dining, Magical Express, 4/3 deal and everything else that has already been said. Just have your wife come on here & read the responses you've gotten. That might help persuade her.

No matter what you end up doing - it's still Disney and you'll have a great time! :)

I think this about sums it up. :ROFLOL: We stay on property because it's just more magical, and you don't have to pay to park. Even staying there at a DTD hotel is just not as magical as staying at a Disney Resort, and it's on Disney property. :ROFLOL:

I would do what ever it takes to talk her into it. She will love you for it. :animwink:

Upvote 0

alo1984

Original Poster
Well, she's convinced! We are staying on-site! It was not that 200 extra was unaffordable, she just didn't see the need to spend it. Probably because I've been doing all the research therefore it is clear to me that on site is the best way to go. If she has researched it too I'm sure she would have immediately agreed. I had her read all the posts and now she's on board! Thanks guys!

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Well, she's convinced! We are staying on-site! It was not that 200 extra was unaffordable, she just didn't see the need to spend it. Probably because I've been doing all the research therefore it is clear to me that on site is the best way to go. If she has researched it too I'm sure she would have immediately agreed. I had her read all the posts and now she's on board! Thanks guys!

:sohappy:
Yay! You'll have a great time!
Which Disney resort are you thinking about staying at?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom