Please help this mom plan what to do on each day!

Beckett

Hi to all! :) I will be in Orlando from December 23 to January 4 and I have not bought Disney tickets yet because I just haven't decided on what to do or where to go! Please help me figure this out, what would you do each day? I want to go to Disney and to Universal Studios. I have Sea World tickets and Lego Land Tickets (one day each). Suggestions? Thanks!!! :)

CheshireCat12

Have you ever visited WDW before? Assuming that your arrival day/departure day are not full days, you may not want to plan any parks depending on your flights. It really depends on the times you arrive and depart the resort.
If you have 11 days left, then, and 2 are for SW and Lego, then you have 9 days left to divide between WDW and Universal. If you plan to see both UNI parks, I would take at least two days. So then you have 7 days for WDW. Spend one day each at AK and DHS, 1-2 at Epcot, and 2-3 at MK. You didn't indicate whether you'd be hopping or the ages of the members of your party so it's a little hard to say. You also may want to consider some down time in your plan, that's a lot of running around! Plan some down time in your schedule, or you will be so tired you won't enjoy the trip! Are you interested in visiting a water park if weather permits?
Whatever you do, have a wonderful time!

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

You're not giving much away here are you ? At least supply us with some information !!!!

Have you visited any of the Orlando parks before ?
Where are you staying - onsite or off ?
How many in your group ?
What are their ages ?
How many days are you proposing to take to visit WDW and Universal parks ?
Do you have anything at all planned (other than SeaWorld and Legoland) ?
Why have you left all your preparation so late at the busiest time of the year ?

Upvote 0

Beckett

Original Poster
Sorry for the lack of info! :p It will be me and my 8 year old daughter, I would like to go to a park almost every day but in reality I have a budget of 850 dollars for park tickets and I know my legs can't take that much walking every single day. Yet, at the same time, I am worried I'll miss out if I don't visit Disney more than 4 days. Also, buying 3 days at Disney for my daughter and me costs about 530 on Undercover tourist but a 5 day ticket is 578? Just 40 something more bucks buys me two extra days? I'm so confused about what I should do :(

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

OK, based on the budget you've set (very sensible), I'd be inclined to max out at WDW and do your trips to SeaWorld and Legoland. Yes, this means missing Universal, but the ticket pricing is expensive as has already been pointed out, unless you're going for any length of time.
You're going over Christmas which is THE busiest time of the year and to do WDW justice you'll need all that time. I feel that if you buy Universal tickets as well you're not going to get any pleasure from getting up to the park and then spending most of your day stood in line.

Upvote 0

Arty Cordova

Wow, going to Orlando the week of Christmas with no plans. They should make a reality show based on your vacation. My recommendation, stay in Disney at the Wilderness Lodge and be ready for some crowds.

Upvote 0

Wikkler

You should be avoiding the parks on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve, and possibly New Year's Day. These are the busiest days in the entire theme park industry. In general, these 2 weeks are the busiest of the year, and as soon as you buy your Disney tickets, you should definitely be getting the best FPs you can. Don't expect Seven Dwarfs and Anna and Elsa FPs.

That pretty much leaves 7 park days, minus the 4 dates I mentioned earlier and your beginning and end days. You already have SeaWorld and Legoland tickets, which leaves 5 days for Disney and Universal. You probably shouldn't go to Universal, so that you can really enjoy Disney in the limited time you have that won't be spent waiting 5 hours for a ride nobody ever gets on even in summer. That's 1 day at each park, plus an extra day at Magic Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom