Please give opinions on non-park WDW dining

Ladyarli

Original Poster
Hi,
I'm going to be staying one night at the Boardwalk resort, arriving in the afternoon on the day before my birthday. I will be checking out on the morning of my birthday, and moving to another resort for a conference. My question is: Where should I go for dinner, and breakfast the next morning? I don't want to pay for entrance to the parks for only a few hours. I might be alone, or a friend might come with me. Oh, and I don't like seafood. Opinions? Good ideas? Thanks for your help.

Cheryl D.

PUSH

I haven't eaten a lot of places off-grounds, but there's always DTD restaurants. I personally like T-Rex. Off-grounds, there's a pizza place called Flipper's Pizzeria. They have amazing pizza and breadsticks. There are a few locations around the Orlando area, and one is only a couple miles from WDW.

deanaandrich

For dinner you can go to any of the nice restaurants at boardwalk, swan/dolphin and beach and yacht club. All are delicious and within walking distance. My favorites are Kouzzina and il Mulino. For breakfast, definitely head to Kona cafe at polynesian.

rsoxguy

I have very limited experience with restaurants outside of the parks, but I'll tell you what I know.

1. Flying fish- You don't like seafood, and this place is severely overpriced. Bad combination.
2. Shula's Steakhouse- I like The Don, I like the Dolphins, and I like steak. It's expensive, but the food is good. Dress nicely.
3. Kona Cafe- Nice food, but the atmosphere is a bit too much like a crowded and rushed hotel cafeteria or lunchroom. I have never eaten breakfast there.
4. California Grill- Nice food, nice atmosphere, beautiful views. Go.
5. Rainforest Cafe- What can I say? It is what it is. Noisy, congested, stock food choices, and sometimes tolerable. Save it for a last possibility.
6. Beaches and Cream- Do go for dessert. It's yummy, it's fun, and it's worth the time.
7. 1900 Park Fare- I had breakfast there once. Nice enough, but I'll not be going back a second time. I wouldn't suggest going once.

Disney Dawg88

Hi,
I'm going to be staying one night at the Boardwalk resort, arriving in the afternoon on the day before my birthday. I will be checking out on the morning of my birthday, and moving to another resort for a conference. My question is: Where should I go for dinner, and breakfast the next morning? I don't want to pay for entrance to the parks for only a few hours. I might be alone, or a friend might come with me. Oh, and I don't like seafood. Opinions? Good ideas? Thanks for your help.

Cheryl D.

Will you have a car to drive around? If so, and if you want something other than a chain restaurant, which is what I personally prefer, I recommend driving to Celebration and checking out a restaurant there. Cafe D'Antonio is great for Italian food, Seito Sushi has pretty good sushi, and Columbia's has pretty good Cuban food. There are other choices as well, but Celebration is a good spot to check out if you want to go a short drive offsite.

For lunch there are plenty of spots at Downtown Disney, which isn't far from your hotel.

WVParkfan

Since you will be at the Boardwalk, definitely eat there. My favorite is the Big River Grille, because I love craft beer and they make some very good beers there (and the food is good too). The ESPN Zone has good food in addition to their bar food (salads, wraps, soups in addition to wings and burgers). Here is a link to the dining around the Boardwalk: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/

You also have the restaurants at the Swan, the Dolphin, the Boardwalk, and the Yacht & Beach Clubs.

disney4life2008

We enjoy Olive Garden and Dennys. There are a number of buffets scattered along 192 as well as fast food options like Pizza Hut and Stake and Shake. All good.

Finally! I feel like I am the only person on here that leaves property just to eat (this is why I always rent a car). For some reason Olive Garden, Chilis, Golden Corrall, etc. pretty much everything along 192 and International Drive tastes so much better in Orlando than Chicago. I think its also because for the same price of one entree at disney I can get into any buffet. But thats just me :cautious:

RMichael21

Happy Birthday! :) An absolutely amazing restaurant is Mulino at the Swan and Dolphin. (It's located at the Swan). It has amazing food and there is a great lounge area too! It is formal dress wear though.

SyracuseDisneyFan

I like Longhorn Steakhouse on Vineland Ave by the Premium Outlets. I also enjoy Romano's Macaroni Grill on Apopka-Vineland Road near the Dunkin' Donuts-Baskin Robbins.

jlsHouston

Finally! I feel like I am the only person on here that leaves property just to eat (this is why I always rent a car). For some reason Olive Garden, Chilis, Golden Corrall, etc. pretty much everything along 192 and International Drive tastes so much better in Orlando than Chicago. I think its also because for the same price of one entree at disney I can get into any buffet. But thats just me :cautious:

Guilty of hitting chik fila ....and cinnamon melts at mcd's......and olive garden...

Leo!

The best steakhouse / buffet for us is near... Fogo de Chao @international drive, in front of Ripley's museum. You can try the brick house also @ international drive. Emeril's @ Universal boardwalk is VERY good too.
There's olive garden, denny's, red lobster, etc, etc... but I think you'll have those in your city and it won't be "special".

jlsHouston

Personally if I were staying at the BWI for one night only with the following day being my bday...I would dine that evening at Flying Fish which is at the BW. If you are solo, sitting at the very nice bar or in front of the grill where you can watch them cook is nice. Otherwise I would catch the bus to MK walk to the monorail and go to the POLY and dine at OHANA.
For breakfast I would either walk to the Dolphin in the morning and eat at Fresh Med, or take a boat to BC and eat breakfast buffet with Minnie and Goofy, or I would stay on property and eat at Kouzzina's. It's your bday so if you ask for a Birthday Pin and wear it everyone will give you bday wishes which is nice.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom