Please fix the monorail!

ppete1975

It’s around $100m per mile - so Epcot to DAK would be $300-500 m depending on route. Plus trains.
Great point on trains.
Youd need to add 3-4 trains per loop and another station at each destination, plus the track and beams I am guessing. Additions to the TTC and other routes it would adjoin to as well. Not as simple as just adding more track.

ohioguy

Perhaps a non-elevated, land-based monorail would be cheaper? That's an option. You would only need to elevate where it crosses major highways. There is also the suspended type, where the monorail train runs under the track.

I remember the original drawings had the monorail going to Disney Studios way back. It's a shame Disney didn't invest then when it was so much more cost-efficient.

Goofyernmost

We were disappointed with the Grand Floridian and the whole monorail experience, but that is just our opinion...
In order for that statement to have any validity it really needs a tad more in the line of descriptive adjectives. What was the most disappointing, the Grand Floridian or the Monorail and why? Was it not there everytime you were ready to go, or maybe going in the wrong direction and making three stops along the way to MK? I know you don't have to share but just hanging it like that is of little help to others that might be trying to plan where to stay.

Ayla

In order for that statement to have any validity it really needs a tad more in the line of descriptive adjectives. What was the most disappointing, the Grand Floridian or the Monorail and why? Was it not there everytime you were ready to go, or maybe going in the wrong direction and making three stops along the way to MK? I know you don't have to share but just hanging it like that is of little help to others that might be trying to plan where to stay.
MK is the next stop from the Grand Floridian.

Eric Graham

Actually, we were excited to stay at the Grand Floridian. We felt that some aspects of the hotel were very nice including the wonderful service of the staff and the Grand Floridian Cafe was very tasty, etc. But we felt like the hotel was lacking in a lot of aspects. We thought the noise level was not so great in out room, and the outside of the room.. And, for what we paid, we felt that the interior was kind of lacking. We felt that the Monorail was very disappointing in terms of always breaking down, the interior wasn't so great, and that the signage to travel from different places wasn't so great We just prefer the Beach Club/Yacht Club or the Wilderness Lodge as Deluxe resorts (they're probably not called that anymore), and we end up taking Lyft with their very friendly drivers to a number of places when we're not utilizing the Disney buses. We find these resorts to be a little bit nicer, and the easy boat ride to MK for the Wilderness and the easy walking distance (or short boat ride) that the Beach/Yacht offers to HS and Epcot with the same wonderful staff service that they offer to their guests. And, also Cape May was such a great character breakfast and their seafood bonanza was very good as well for dinner. We did really enjoy Port Orleans also as a moderate hotel as well, with it's wonderful Louisiana themed alligator pool. So fun! And, the fun carriage ride that POFQ offers which was such a wonderful treat with their very nice drivers that they offer as well! A very nice moderate hotel aslo.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Since when? As far as I know, the Express train doesn't have the capability to even stop at any of the resorts, since the trains run on the outer track.
Hmmm, I think I’ve done the resort loop in the opposite direction at times. Not sure what track I was on though.
The Contemporary has a platform on both sides. Don’t the other resorts?

Last edited:

JohnD

Hmmm, I think I’ve done the resort loop in the opposite direction at times. Not sure what track I was on though.
They all have platforms for emergency reasons. It's just that the Express track doesn't connect immediately to the walkway to the resort. I know they have stairs down to ground level at Poly and GF so you would have to enter at the resort at ground level. As for boarding and security, not sure how that would work if the resort track would have to close.

DisneyFanatic12

They have emergency exits, but nothing that would be safe for a guest to use. I have been on it when it went backwards once, but that was because there was miscommunication and they needed to add a train, and thus the monorail had to clear that segment of track so the other could be added (the track switch had already been changed, so we couldn’t go forwards past the switch easily).

DisneyFanatic12

They all have platforms for emergency reasons. It's just that the Express track doesn't connect immediately to the walkway to the resort. I know they have stairs down to ground level at Poly and GF so you would have to enter at the resort at ground level. As for boarding and security, not sure how that would work if the resort track would have to close.
Whenever the resort monorail has closed when I’ve stayed at Poly, they told guests to use the TTC (fastest way), or wait for a boat or bus. I don’t see how they could logistically handle using the express line, even setting aside all the ADA issues (only stairs to my knowledge).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom